Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next Reading Manager

by leicsRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 12:58

parky
leicsRoyal
parky Us to beat united on sat and then Dolan to be given the job till the end of the season?

I've got a feeling we may announce the new Manager before Saturday.

I doubt that a new man in even if it was announced today will take over the game on sat. There is next to no time to look at players and pick a side to go to Old Trafford. They will be announced this week but the first game will be Arsenal.

Agreed, what I meant was that once it is announced and the contract signed this week then Dolan is in charge for one game regardless of the result on Saturday. Unless Dolan is the announcement of course.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Mar 2013 12:59

leicsRoyal
parky Us to beat united on sat and then Dolan to be given the job till the end of the season?

I've got a feeling we may announce the new Manager before Saturday.

So do I, but just like Arry, doubt the new manager will take charge for that game.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 12 Mar 2013 12:59

parky
The Prisoner

Boom! Suspect my bet drew their attention to it - as Leics Royal said it's gone down to 7/4 now! Someone got their arse kicked at Coral I bet!

Was about to post the same pic. Also lumped £20 on.

Of course we will both look like spazbois when RDM doesn't get it, but hey ho!

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 12 Mar 2013 13:02

Exactly. But imagine how you'll feel if RDM DOES get the job :D

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 13:03

The Prisoner

Got to be in it to win it. I think it's safe to say we have got the best value of any market for quite some time and if the proffesionals saw it and lumped on then someone at Coral will be having sleepless nights. :lol:

OpinionatedRoyal

by OpinionatedRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 13:05

Mcdermott is gone (thanks and goodbye), get over it and more importantly get with the times - we are a club with a Russian owner who is looking to prove a point; so Reading fans living in the Madejski days, get use to a new gaffer everytime we piss points up the wall..

Who to get in?

Di Canio - Yes, old school manager who got a lot of lemon juice out of a bunch of lemons at Swindon. For these last few games, we need someone like Di Canio who will fire the players up.

Adkins - Soft touch, nice-on-the-eye Football. He will just see it as a second chance at beating the 2012/2013 PL relegation. Heart is still probably at Soton. Overall: No, but preferred over others.

RDM - Yes, lots of respect under his belt he will get our team back into the shape. Though, if I was him, I wouldn't want to risk going down to the Championship, after winning the CL with one of the top teams in the World...

Curbishley, Hughes etc etc - HAS BEENS. GET AROUNDS. BORINGGGGGGGGGG *YAWN*>

Off to Old Trafford on Saturday so fingers crossed someone will be in by then. URZ.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Mar 2013 13:10

Sir John has been very conspicuous by his silence I've noticed.

He is still the chairman I believe?

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 13:12

Coppell?

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 13:14

BraisingsteakRoyal Coppell?

Not so sure he would be in AZ's radar.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 12 Mar 2013 13:17

leicsRoyal
The Prisoner

Got to be in it to win it. I think it's safe to say we have got the best value of any market for quite some time and if the proffesionals saw it and lumped on then someone at Coral will be having sleepless nights. :lol:

Good point. The market manager from that will be sh1tting themselves....if someone lumped a grand or two on (very likely) then it won't just be Brian with a P45......

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 12 Mar 2013 13:18

OpinionatedRoyal Mcdermott is gone (thanks and goodbye), get over it and more importantly get with the times - we are a club with a Russian owner who is looking to prove a point; so Reading fans living in the Madejski days, get use to a new gaffer everytime we piss points up the wall..

Who to get in?

Di Canio - Yes, old school manager who got a lot of lemon juice out of a bunch of lemons at Swindon. For these last few games, we need someone like Di Canio who will fire the players up.

Adkins - Soft touch, nice-on-the-eye Football. He will just see it as a second chance at beating the 2012/2013 PL relegation. Heart is still probably at Soton. Overall: No, but preferred over others.

RDM - Yes, lots of respect under his belt he will get our team back into the shape. Though, if I was him, I wouldn't want to risk going down to the Championship, after winning the CL with one of the top teams in the World...

Curbishley, Hughes etc etc - HAS BEENS. GET AROUNDS. BORINGGGGGGGGGG *YAWN*>

Off to Old Trafford on Saturday so fingers crossed someone will be in by then. URZ.

We need more posts with underlining in

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 13:18

The Prisoner
leicsRoyal
The Prisoner

Good point. The market manager from that will be sh1tting themselves....if someone lumped a grand or two on (very likely) then it won't just be Brian with a P45......

If the professionals saw that error they won't have bothered with the small change of a grand or two. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Mar 2013 13:18

I thought Di Matteo didn't do very well at WBA and it was Hodgson who turned their fortunes around?

He might have been ok at Chelsea - but he inherited a team worth millions - he won't have that pleasure at RFC if he were to come here.

How many of those names posted as being possibly in contention have worked with next to money? Maybe they will get a large amount in the Summer, but maybe they won't and that's the risk they'll take. In the meantime, whoever takes over until end of the season has a limited resource of players to work with and many of those players will be disheartened from McD's sacking. So whoever it is, good luck to them.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 13:21

Royal Lady I thought Di Matteo didn't do very well at WBA and it was Hodgson who turned their fortunes around?

He might have been ok at Chelsea - but he inherited a team worth millions - he won't have that pleasure at RFC if he were to come here.

How many of those names posted as being possibly in contention have worked with next to money? Maybe they will get a large amount in the Summer, but maybe they won't and that's the risk they'll take. In the meantime, whoever takes over until end of the season has a limited resource of players to work with and many of those players will be disheartened from McD's sacking. So whoever it is, good luck to them.

Agreed with what you say however Di Matteo has got far more experience of managing at the higher level and I can't see him agreeing to an interim contract.
Di Canio may be just desperate enough and mad enough to agree that though.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 12 Mar 2013 13:21

Royal Lady I thought Di Matteo didn't do very well at WBA and it was Hodgson who turned their fortunes around?.

:| he had just led them back into the Premier League, at the first attempt, and when he was sacked they were not even in the relegation zone

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 12 Mar 2013 13:22

Have any nobbers applied? I applied the last two times the job came up citing FM experience but not even as much as a letter of recognition from the club so won't be bothering this time. Wasted talent if you ask me. :roll:

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 13:24

parky Have any nobbers applied? I applied the last two times the job came up citing FM experience but not even as much as a letter of recognition from the club so won't be bothering this time. Wasted talent if you ask me. :roll:

You are maybe setting your sights too high!

What about applying for the assistant managers job?

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 12 Mar 2013 13:25

So we've made an approach for Di Matteo?

I could get behind that.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 12 Mar 2013 13:26

leicsRoyal
parky Have any nobbers applied? I applied the last two times the job came up citing FM experience but not even as much as a letter of recognition from the club so won't be bothering this time. Wasted talent if you ask me. :roll:

You are maybe setting your sights too high!

What about applying for the assistant managers job?

Don't have as much experience in that role.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 12 Mar 2013 13:27

Dear Mr Zinga-burger

I wish to apply for the guvnors posishun at Reading FC

I live in Leicester, which instantly gives me internasshunall accreditashuns

I know you will not be too impressed with this, but i did get Crewe Aleksanda to the Champions leeg on CM97/98

I think I will be good as I do not mind being told off by big boys

Please find attached my current kurricklum vito

Thanks

B. Finga

2614 posts