#AskJason

382 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: #AskJason

by Reading4eva » 09 Nov 2013 09:37

For fcuks sake this toilet carries on rolling. Please someone lock before it carries on much further (although knowing HobNob it will go to the HOF).

My view - we all bleed the same, we all breathe the same oxygen and we all come into the world one way with the same end. Jason has stood up for what he believes in, nothing else yet the twitter MONGS and HNA "well he's bought it on himself" brigade rolls on.

I do agree with John Barnes in a way BUT it's up to a players credentials. If Andy Cole was more qualified for a job, then he should get it on talent alone, if not he shouldn't with no fear of the recruiting club fearing the racist tag being thrown against them.

In every day life racism I know does happen and not just to what some would call minority groups. Some forms do happen to white people as well. If you read up on Zimbabwe you will understand what I mean.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 09 Nov 2013 12:43

Simple test. If you wouldn't, then you're racist.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 17:54

MouldyRoyal

Lol.

Although there is actually some pretty nasty prejudice and victimisation of atheists in a fair amount of the States. And I'm not sure how well the more stringently Islamic nations treat us.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 17:56

BR2 A couple of further points.
There may be 30% of black players in the Premier League but how many are English and likely to stay on in England to coach or manage?
Looking at a Chelsea side containing say Ramires, Willian and Dembe Ba (just under 30%) it is most unlikely that they would be looking to coach or manage in England so Roberts' 30% is more likely nearer 5%.

Also we were talking here just now about how many English managers there are in the Premier League.
I believe it is 2.
I would have more time for Roberts if he widened the debate to question why so few English managers and coaches don't get jobs rather than solely focusing on black people.
I really do feel that Roberts will never be happy until black power is achieved and because of that is probably more of a racist than those he verbally attacks.

Zola, Vialli, Poyet, Di Matteo. All stayed on to manage, and I'm sure there are others. So why no one foreign and Black?

Tbh, your last line makes you look the bigger racist.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 18:05

Extended-Phenotype Joylessly sober responses might look like:

Ian Royal:
Not sure where JR has “ignored the debate” and him “making very stupid and inaccurate claims of racism” is your opinion, not fact. It is HIS opinion that calling a black person a “monkey” is poor judgement. I think that it would rarely cause offence in innocent contexts but can see how someone might feel otherwise and don’t necessarily see him highlighting this as stupid. We just disagree and I think he’s being over-sensitive.

He's had questions about the reasons why there might be a legitimate non-racist contributory factor to the lack of black managers and how his figures might be over-egging the disparity and ignored them more than once iirc.

There's simply nothing racist about what Hodgson said. Everyone involved agreed, and it's only a few people, like Roberts (who should have thought much more about the potential ageism in his response, than the potential racism in Hodgson's -private- comment), that were trying to make something out of it, and in doing so lost themselves a lot of credibility and also damaged the anti-racism movement a little. You've only got to look at the reaction to see that.

Anyway, I think we've probably gone round in circles enough not really disagreeing a great deal. But I'd already chucked a couple of other comments up, so I thought I may as well go for the hat-trick

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Nov 2013 01:04

Saw old Jase walking about outside Madejski pre-match.
Didn't seem to have a limp so can't be more than 6 months away from a return. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some of you lot probably think Jason doesn't bother going along for games and just sits at home counting his money or whatever, but he was at the game today.

though tbf when I saw him he was heading to the car park so he may just have gone in to sign the register and then oxf*rd off home, who knows?

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 11 Nov 2013 03:00

Racism is alive and well, especially in Europe and North America. There is bigotry against white people by black people. There is bigotry against black people by white people. The only difference is that white people are in a societal position to act on their bigotries.

I live in very liberal, and progressive, Connecticut. The birthplace of famed abolitionist John Brown. The town I grew up in, Farmington, though I no longer live there, was known as "the Grand Central Station" of the Underground Railroad in the 19th Century and housed The Amistad survivors after they won their Supreme Court case. Take a close look at Connecticut though and one would think we were in the deep South. The cities are 70% minority and the suburbs are usually 95%+ white...including my former hometown the town that took so much pride in their "racial tolerance".

The problems facing people of color are mainly economic ones, and ones of equal opportunity. John Barnes is correct, we have elected a person of color as our president but that doesn't mean any black child has an equal shot of being elected president as any other child. That being said, for the record...African-American presidents -1, Italian-American presidents - 0.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 11 Nov 2013 10:07

MouldyRoyal

I literally have no idea what this means - Im an atheist and Im not remotely oppressed.

As for the MOWOs - the reason there isn't one is because its a ridiculous premise. So are the MOBOs to be honest, but I refuse to get upset over what is essentially a group of record producers getting together to help the Great British Public decide what CD to buy next. Its not particularly admirable but its not particularly offensive either. What is it with white men getting angry about stuff - surely they have the LEAST reasons to be angry?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Nov 2013 11:09

I've always fancied you, Zana, but you don't half post some trite shite.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 00:33

Silver Fox
Victor Meldrew Just for a day I would like Jason Roberts and members of the society for black lawyers to journey back 50 years or more to when I was a boy to see what it was like to be the rare black face in Reading.

That seems a bit easy, why not get them to go back to the Deep South in the 30s? Then they'd realise that nowadays they're not getting lynched and they can be grateful

Ignorant oxf*rd

stressed as usual

by stressed as usual » 29 Dec 2013 10:25

WestRoyal
Silver Fox
Victor Meldrew Just for a day I would like Jason Roberts and members of the society for black lawyers to journey back 50 years or more to when I was a boy to see what it was like to be the rare black face in Reading.

That seems a bit easy, why not get them to go back to the Deep South in the 30s? Then they'd realise that nowadays they're not getting lynched and they can be grateful

Ignorant oxf*rd

Grow up.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 11:24

WestRoyal
Silver Fox

Ignorant oxf*rd

Are you American?

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 29 Dec 2013 11:35

ns1981
Uproar? And the rest... There's no way that'd ever be allowed, we'd all be called racists ( that's if we haven't already! )
I will add, however, that I do have both black and Asian friends and they're cool as fcuk but they too agree that society has gone well over the top and there are complete double standards in many ways. I'm not a racist at all and anyone that says I am I welcome to say so directly to my face, but I do happen to be very proud to be English and stand up for what is left of this country, which to be fair isn't a great deal! Are "no white zones" fair? Is sharia law in certain communities fair? Are all these fcuking mosques fair? I'd say no. Imagine I went to Pakistan for example, sponged £30k a year in benefits, got a 4-5 bedroom house on benefits because I had so many children and then built a church... Somehow I don't see that being allowed, yet in 'UK" anything goes! Why?!

+1

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2013 11:43

semtex1871
ns1981
Uproar? And the rest... There's no way that'd ever be allowed, we'd all be called racists ( that's if we haven't already! )
I will add, however, that I do have both black and Asian friends and they're cool as fcuk but they too agree that society has gone well over the top and there are complete double standards in many ways. I'm not a racist at all and anyone that says I am I welcome to say so directly to my face, but I do happen to be very proud to be English and stand up for what is left of this country, which to be fair isn't a great deal! Are "no white zones" fair? Is sharia law in certain communities fair? Are all these fcuking mosques fair? I'd say no. Imagine I went to Pakistan for example, sponged £30k a year in benefits, got a 4-5 bedroom house on benefits because I had so many children and then built a church... Somehow I don't see that being allowed, yet in 'UK" anything goes! Why?!

+1

Spot on. Imagine if a load of white Christians tried to go round the world building churches and converting all the natives?

They wouldn't be allowed.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular

by semtex1871 » 29 Dec 2013 12:05

leon
semtex1871
ns1981

+1

Spot on. Imagine if a load of white Christians tried to go round the world building churches and converting all the natives?

But that should be allowed....a fully Christian world would be a peaceful world.....

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2013 13:13

Honestly

:|

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Dec 2013 13:32

Had a set-back with his 'recovery'..

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2013 13:33

semtex1871
leon Spot on. Imagine if a load of white Christians tried to go round the world building churches and converting all the natives?

But that should be allowed....a fully Christian world would be a peaceful world.....

You can overplay the badass persona you know.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2013 14:01

Badass is not the word I would have used.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular

by semtex1871 » 30 Dec 2013 01:44

Platypuss
semtex1871
leon Spot on. Imagine if a load of white Christians tried to go round the world building churches and converting all the natives?

You can overplay the badass persona you know.

Busted..... :oops:

382 posts