QPR Match Thread - Sponsored by Trevor Sinclair's overhead

368 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: QPR Match Thread - Sponsored by Trevor Sinclair's overhe

by maffff » 17 Feb 2014 10:42

winchester_royal Pearce was pushed over to the left for the last 20 mins yesterday so would imagine that's how we'll line up on Saturday.

Probably logical. I just can't see it being Kelly Gunter Pearce Obita.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Feb 2014 10:47

I think the fact he brought on Hector yesterday over Kelly shows the way he'll go next weekend.

If we're serious about becoming an academy-driven club that's the way it should be too. A promising, talented young centre back who has come back from a very successful loan spell should get the nod over a 30-something journeyman right back every day of the week, and Nige has shown very little indication of diverging away from that philosophy.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Feb 2014 10:53

winchester_royal I think the fact he brought on Hector yesterday over Kelly shows the way he'll go next weekend.

If we're serious about becoming an academy-driven club that's the way it should be too. A promising, talented young centre back who has come back from a very successful loan spell should get the nod over a 30-something journeyman right back every day of the week, and Nige has shown very little indication of diverging away from that philosophy.

As pointed out on another thread Pearce was already playing first team games for us at the same age as Hector is now, so if he is good enough he is old enough. We have to give him the chance and see how he gets on. If he and Pearce work together he now has a 4 games to prove himself and if he does well he has a chance of keeping Gorkks out of the team for the rest of the season.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Feb 2014 10:54

I hope so, Hector deserves to start for the first team after impressing with every loan he's had.

He's clearly got something about him. Time to see if he's ready for our level.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Feb 2014 12:45

Lovely stuff. Not my words, the words of Shakin' Stevens.

One of our most satisfy results in years against that corrupt b@stard Redknapp and his team of Premier League misfits. Their wage bill - on gates of 16,000 - sums up a lot of what is crap about modern football.

Reading were excellent throughout and fully deserved our win. We are more effective playing the way we do, good old fashioned 4-4-2 and 'percentage' football. Adkins might yet save this season having presumably admitted short-term defeat in his futile attempts to get us winning the possession stats every week. And credit to our management team - the set pieces have been bang on the money for some time now.

Shame about the poxy goal we conceded, back four is definitely our weakest area. The form of Pearce on three successive weekends sums up our season nicely; goal and a good performance at Millwall one week, cost us the game the following week, then goal and a steady performance at QPR.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Feb 2014 18:39

Bit harsh to blame Pearce for Wednesday when the FA has agreed he shouldn't have been sent off. With 11 we'd have had a decent chance of coming back.

I thought Harry got it totally wrong once we went a man down. He should have pushed players forward and reduced the defence. But he seemed quite content to keep 4 at the back and play with little urgency, like he and the team had accepted they'd already lost.

Contrast with McDermott's sides that won countless points late on by throwing the kitchen sink at it. Or Adkins going basically 2 at the back not that long ago to get back into the game, albeit unsuccessfully.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 18 Feb 2014 17:07

Ouroboros
P!ssed Off
Ouroboros How much football have you watched over the last decade? It really doesn't matter if you get the ball or not.

:|
Wasn't a red.
It will be rescinded, you watch.

If that's rescinded I'll buy Adkins a personal fucking jet.

Alright, alright; I'm on it.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Feb 2014 17:19

Good lad.

368 posts