Adkins - Pros and Cons

847 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Adkins - Pros and Cons

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2014 17:44

leon I'm not a fan of Adkins - far from it, there is something deeply unlikeable about him that I can't put my finger on (as it were) but he's Reading manager and I want him/us to do well.

As far as I'm concerned he should have until the end of the season to, at a minimum show an improvement in performance - I think a finish around 10-12th would represent work in progress. If however we are drifting towards relegation around Xmas time we need to act fast.

Think that's a fair and balanced view. I don't agree with the personal dislike, but that's obviously about personality and nothing to do with performance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2014 17:44

leon not sure Ian Royal has got the message. You might want to post that again.

Woodcote shouldn't bother, I've blocked him so I don't need to read his drivel anymore.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Oct 2014 20:25

windermere_royal Woodcote lives on his very own sad and lonely little planet, with his own sad little agenda, he decided the moment NA walked through the door that he didn`t want him here, and nothing will change his sad little mind.

Like Ian Royal, you spend too much time writing your own drivel to accurately absorb the observations of others.

I was relieved and optimistic when Adkins arrived but he's done sweet SFA since that day to justify his appointment.

The only agenda I have is to see this club back to where it was when we engaged managers worthy of the term.

Judging by the respective post counts here, I spend far less time on that agenda than pathetic keyboard warriors like yourself and others, who think the more you post, as it becomes glaringly obvious what an utter load of bollox you've been spouting for months, the less likely it will be that anyone will notice.

The sad lonely planet is Hobnob, where some of you spend most of your day

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 21 Oct 2014 20:41

Woodcote Royal
windermere_royal Woodcote lives on his very own sad and lonely little planet, with his own sad little agenda, he decided the moment NA walked through the door that he didn`t want him here, and nothing will change his sad little mind.

Judging by the respective post counts here, I spend far less time on that agenda than pathetic keyboard warriors like yourself

The sad lonely planet is Hobnob, where some of you spend most of your day

Your 3369 posts to my 2045, love your logic

Forest Gump

Adkins Out please

by Forest Gump » 21 Oct 2014 21:13

I know that this is the most obvious thread at the moment bu someone has to start it and I make no apologies to the rose-tinted Royals who will say this is premature etc. etc. Sorry - we are in crisis now..
no it's not all Adkins fault that the Club has been in a mess for so long and the team is pathetically weak as a result. BUT he is not able to rescue the situation, the players need a massive kick up the backside and he is not equipped to do it.
Fail to win against Blackpool and he must be gone.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Adkins Out please

by ManchesterRoyals » 21 Oct 2014 21:15

I Blame SJM

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2014 21:15

We were in a bigger crisis three months ago :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:16

Getting closer. Not there by a distance yet.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Oct 2014 21:17

I can't believe Anton Zingarevich was allowed to deliver the half time team talk tonight.

I assume this is still his fault?

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 21 Oct 2014 21:20

At what point do the Adkin's fan club decide that he is not the man to lead us out of this?

Had we been in different circumstances than maybe, like Rodgers, he would've been the one. But we are where we are, and he isn't showing that he has the ability to lead us forward.

Getting a tad fed up with the excuses now, but lets hear them again anyway....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2014 21:20

would make a change from Akpan

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:20

One Beer is never enough. At what point do the Adkin's fan club decide that he is not the man to lead us out of this?

Had we been in different circumstances than maybe, like Rodgers, he would've been the one. But we are where we are, and he isn't showing that he has the ability to lead us forward.

Getting a tad fed up with the excuses now, but lets hear them again anyway....

The reasons haven't changed any.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2014 21:21

he is pretty much where Rodgers was when we sacked him

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 21 Oct 2014 21:22

Thing is who would you replace him with...taking into account the cost of sacking him and Crosby and the fact that splashing the cash on a replacement, will only mean less money, if any, to spend on players.

The current squad is simply not up to the task...we seriously need a couple of experienced centre backs who can add a bit of stability to the back four...as the current two seem to be coasting through games because they know there is no one else to challenge them. But then this seems the case with a number of players...

me

by me » 21 Oct 2014 21:23

Not at the Adkins out stage yet, but he needs a massive kick up the ars3.

Jinx

by Jinx » 21 Oct 2014 21:23

Neither pro nor con Adkins but I fail to see what we can do with the squad at our disposal - we need a new back 4, we don't have one

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:24

Still think he's a good manager - but far from convinced he's the guy to lead us out of this.

There aren't too many obvious replacements though.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 21 Oct 2014 21:27

Jinx Neither pro nor con Adkins but I fail to see what we can do with the squad at our disposal - we need a new back 4, we don't have one

Thats the annoying problem, we have a back 4 that picks itself every game. minus 8 goal difference is worth another point to teams around us

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 21 Oct 2014 21:29

People were saying the same with regard to the squad that Rodgers had, he, whilst clearly a talented manager, did not have the ability to get them out the rut. McD came in and got the same set of players performing. We need someone now to do the same thing...the guile and technical way of playing that Adkins wants us to play isn't working, we need someone in there who will gel them and get them playing to their strengths, not the aspirational way that Adkins wants.

He hasnt yet realised we are what we are, and what we need to do is roll our sleeves up, get through then next few months, and then, if the new owners have the ambition, bring in the players that can play his way. Until that is possible we need to stop shipping goals, tighten up, and play to the strengths we have.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2014 21:31

so are you saying you want MaccyD back?

847 posts