Are you?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 194
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Are to unhappy Steve Clark is staying?

by SCIAG » 24 Nov 2015 13:10

Lower West
elrey Rodgers was hired by people who should have known what he was, a manager who wants to play passing football. If you hire the wrong person, who's fault is it?

Rodgers attempted to impose a formation/style of play on a squad that wasn't up to the job.

Brian stepped up to the mark. Reverted to a 4-4-2 formation and the rest is history.

This is a little revisionist. McDermott only used 4-4-2 when he was protecting Sigurdsson - and then when he had to sell Sigurdsson. Rodgers also used it quite a bit when he was here - this was actually one of the big complaints people had, he was sticking Gylfi out on the left instead of using a formation that suited him.

The big differences he made were recalling Kebe, Long, Mills, and Gunnarsson from the wilderness. We still mostly played 4-2-3-1, which was also the formation Rodgers had mostly settled on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Nov 2015 17:52

SCIAG
Lower West
elrey Rodgers was hired by people who should have known what he was, a manager who wants to play passing football. If you hire the wrong person, who's fault is it?

Rodgers attempted to impose a formation/style of play on a squad that wasn't up to the job.

Brian stepped up to the mark. Reverted to a 4-4-2 formation and the rest is history.

This is a little revisionist. McDermott only used 4-4-2 when he was protecting Sigurdsson - and then when he had to sell Sigurdsson. Rodgers also used it quite a bit when he was here - this was actually one of the big complaints people had, he was sticking Gylfi out on the left instead of using a formation that suited him.

The big differences he made were recalling Kebe, Long, Mills, and Gunnarsson from the wilderness. We still mostly played 4-2-3-1, which was also the formation Rodgers had mostly settled on.

Bringing in Griffin was a big step too.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 27 Nov 2015 09:39

TFF I certainly wouldn't put any faith in what Fulham are leaking since it collapsed

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... c-10507846

“It’s not true,” he vowed.

“I don’t think they even got the name of my agent right in the article, which says it all.

“That tells you everything about it.”

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 27 Nov 2015 10:09

It doesn't tell you everything about it, we just have to get on with it. We're Clarkes best option for now (his own words), and he's also ours - for now! A report back in Thailand suggests the board have given him an ultimatum. It's promotion or bust, and we need 40 points by xmas. That's a big change in form if he wants to keep hos job!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Nov 2015 17:49

TFF
TFF I certainly wouldn't put any faith in what Fulham are leaking since it collapsed

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... c-10507846

“It’s not true,” he vowed.

“I don’t think they even got the name of my agent right in the article, which says it all.

“That tells you everything about it.”

Oh that's all cleared up then.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Nov 2015 19:14

Ian Royal
SCIAG
Lower West Rodgers attempted to impose a formation/style of play on a squad that wasn't up to the job.

Bringing in Griffin was a big step too.

And Zurab, but that's not really something you can praise McDermott for relative to Rodgers.

(By all means praise him, but you can't have a go at Rodgers for not signing two new defenders in January)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Nov 2015 20:01

You can have a go at him for not playing the £2 million one bought in the Summer.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Nov 2015 20:02

You can argue he's at fault for their necessity having spunked his wad on Mills, then fallen out with him. And let the RB slot get so weak.

But yeah, point taken.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 28 Nov 2015 17:34

Yep still unhappy Clarke stayed.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2015 09:48

At the moment, but then the rot set in well before his Fulham sojourn

Methinks he has until xmas to get the team back where it was performing.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 29 Nov 2015 10:08

If people really want Clarke out (yesterday's gutless display confirmed I'm one of these people), then I urge you to make quite a visual display at Thursday's game. With the Sky cameras present and on current form a poor performance on the cards, it could be a chance for us to show some fan power and say what we really think to the Board.

I just hope that the Board don't use the Fulham approach as an excuse not to sack him. Hypothetically if we missed out on £1 million compensation because he didn't leave, and the prospect of having to pay him off circa £1 million if we sack him, I'm praying the Board don't get too bogged down looking at the potential £2 million swing we may have missed out on.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Nov 2015 10:15

Urge all you want...but you are going to look a little bit dumb-arsed when we go 5-0 up

Ok ok................

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Nov 2015 11:16

Clarke not giving a shit about RFC = players not giving a shit about RFC

Time for him to go

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Nov 2015 11:39

A resounding chant of "You should have gone to Fulham" is in order.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Nov 2015 12:05

Maybe we should give him one of his own half time team talks, you know, really get him geared up and motivated

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Nov 2015 14:28

Extended-Phenotype Clarke not giving a shit about RFC = players not giving a shit about RFC

Time for him to go

The players didn't give a shit about RFC before this and they don't give a shit now, the only thing about this run that will bother them is that they aren't getting their win bonuses.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Nov 2015 19:50

Dunno. They seemed to be up for it earlier in the season. Then a bit of a confidence wobble. Now, following Clarke wandering around looking for something else they barely seem interested.

Barcelona Blue

by Barcelona Blue » 29 Nov 2015 20:10

He must go and he must go now, we can´t afford to drag this out and find ourselves getting rid of him six or so games down the line, i´m for one that think we shouldn´t of booed him etc but I feel betrayed, I´ve tried to fight it, forgive and forget but I cant, ocviously the team has given up on him too, I wont be there on Thursday but will be tuning in, I hope their are some vocals to help him on his way up the M4 to Fulham, release the dogs.

To add insult to injury hes now saying it wasnt about the money, well what was it then, what, are we idiots or something, I would prefer honesty , it still would of hurt but at least it stands in line with the mercanry nature of football today

Get someone in WHO WANTS TO BE HERE

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Nov 2015 20:12

It obviously wasn't about the money otherwise he'd have gone. :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Nov 2015 20:21

Royal Rother It obviously wasn't about the money otherwise he'd have gone. :roll:

How do you know how much both packages were worth?

436 posts