Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Palace (A) 21 MAR/LIVE; also clocks

by Mike Hunt » 20 Mar 2009 00:51

PremAddict
seahawk10
PremAddict If that's a no-go, I thought of setting-up the station for this Saturday's match and let you guys tap-in. thoughts?

BTW - SH and RC, are you expats or natives? just curious - I'm US citizen just completely enamoured with the Royals for some reason.

Both Royal Chi and myself are US Americans just like you. There are quite a few others on here as well that have caught the fever for one reason or another.

I would love to latch on to your feed. I get ESPN360 at work since I work at a University, but at home on Charter it is not available.

My other option was just ignoring hobnob for the weekend and watching it on archive on ESPN360 from work on Monday. Drop me a pm if you do setup a broadcast.

I'll get it hooked-up tonight and leave it running - then send you a PM on what to do so you can test it prior to the match - hopefully things will work ok, but I've never registered the client over the internet (it does support it, just haven't ever tried it).

I am an Aussie citizen hooked on Reading. I know live and breath RFC. Can never wait for Saturday Night (Australian time) so I can listen to the games.
Can not listen to BBC Berks once the game starts so I listen to RW's 107. The guy on it read out an email I sent - but unfortunately would not say my name :shock:

We normally get all of the championship games that are live on Sky - but this week there is a prem game and also some other crap on.

So I will watch it over the interwebs - myp2p or something with crap quality. Not Happy :twisted:

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 20 Mar 2009 15:39

PremAddict
seahawk10
PremAddict If that's a no-go, I thought of setting-up the station for this Saturday's match and let you guys tap-in. thoughts?

BTW - SH and RC, are you expats or natives? just curious - I'm US citizen just completely enamoured with the Royals for some reason.

Both Royal Chi and myself are US Americans just like you. There are quite a few others on here as well that have caught the fever for one reason or another.

I would love to latch on to your feed. I get ESPN360 at work since I work at a University, but at home on Charter it is not available.

My other option was just ignoring hobnob for the weekend and watching it on archive on ESPN360 from work on Monday. Drop me a pm if you do setup a broadcast.

No luck last night - having problems with port forwarding so it looks like "premaddict TV" will be dark this time around. I'll keep messing with it in case there are some other televised matches in the final rounds of the season. Sorry for the tease!

I'll get it hooked-up tonight and leave it running - then send you a PM on what to do so you can test it prior to the match - hopefully things will work ok, but I've never registered the client over the internet (it does support it, just haven't ever tried it).

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 20 Mar 2009 17:40

I can almost guarantee there will be a dodgy internet feed to share. I will post here tomorrow. Every other game on Sky has wound up being broadcast via the net. So keep your hopes up Mike, I will share what I find out.

Oh, and I did hear your letter being read! I listen through RW too!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: SUFC (H) 10 APR/Maybe; also clocks

by RoyalChicagoFC » 31 Mar 2009 15:05

As noted in past postings, Sheffield United at home has been rearranged for UK TV as a 5:30 PM BST/12:30 PM EDT kickoff on Good Friday 10th April, which follows Wolves-Saints that kicks off at 3:15 PM BST/10:15 AM EDT

Setanta US, who would be expected to pick up both for live screening, have released their schedule for the day in predictably delayed fashion, and it includes neither of the above; in fact, scheduled to run during the early match is "Chelsea TV: The Best Of Joe Cole," followed by a repeat screening of Hull v. Pompey, after which a repeat screening of the first leg of Villarreal-Arsenal in the Champions League appears in lieu of a live screening of RFC-SUFC

All of this may change once the satellite-enabled Hibernian dunderheads figure it all out. I'll monitor the situation and report as needed

Also of note, the UK and EU have made the switch to Summer Time, so normal time conversions are back in force (BST = EDT+5, CDT+6, MDT+7, PDT+8, etc.). Please note this going forward so to avoid showing up for kickoffs an hour late

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 Apr 2009 06:03

YAY - it is on TV here in Australia.

RFC v SUFC - 5.30 PM 10/04/09(UK Time)

Australian Time: Saturday morning (11/04/09) - 2.30am
Channel: FOX Sports 1

Sorry for Hijacking - this is for the Aussies :)

jgriowa

by jgriowa » 01 Apr 2009 13:35

Not that I expect it to actually help, but I did just send in a request to Setanta to show the match. At least I feel a little bit better for having done that.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 03 Apr 2009 17:06

Dedication above and beyond anything I'd bring to the table, that. And I won't go all hunty on you over the Aussie swerve, Miguel.

Nuttin' new to say about Setanta's plans for next Friday's crunch clash with Sheff Y'all @ the Mad; their schedule remains unchanged, with that game not on it, but I'll keep an eye on things and report at once if the need should arise.

My main point here is just to remind that Blighty's back on Summer Time, so normal US-to-UK time conversions are back in force.

Don't anyone Stateside be an hour late for Saturday's 3:00 PM BST/10:00 AM EDT kickoff, in other words.

BST = EDT+5, CDT+6, MDT+7, PST+8. C MON U RZZZZZ and all that.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 03 Apr 2009 17:13

Thanks for the reminder Chi. Looking forward to tomorrow.

jgriowa

by jgriowa » 08 Apr 2009 02:11

Just had a response from Setanta regarding my pathetic little request that they carry the Shef Utd match - 'Sorry, we've sub-licensed that match to ESPN360'. Looks like I'm out of luck...

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: SUFC (H) FRI 10 APR/seek alternatives

by RoyalChicagoFC » 10 Apr 2009 15:09

^^ Well, there y'all have it ^^

Setanta US, primary provider of live satellite-fed Football League match coverage in the States, have opted not to screen any of the abundant Good Friday fare, opting instead to show a bunch of canned rot and farming RFC-SUFC out to ESPN, where some --I emphasize some-- may access a live stream via ESPN360.com for the 12:30 PM EST kickoff

Don't know about plans for future match screenings. Brum @ home on the season's final day, Sunday 3rd May from 8:15 AM EDT, is a possibility, although Liverpool play Newcastle at the same hour, and Setanta get the early Prem games

We should learn more by the 20th or 21st --and most likely nothing until the last minute as usuaLOL :roll:

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 10 Apr 2009 17:04

I *love* my new job. All colleges get ESPN360 for free, so I am set to watch today's all-important clash.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 10 Apr 2009 17:07

I really can't understand why ESPN limit their 360 package to certain ISPs. Pretty effin stupid. But then so is the NFL network!

Glad for those of us that can watch it tho. I mistakenly scheduled a meeting at 1030 so I'll miss the first half. Oh well.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 10 Apr 2009 17:12

PremAddict I really can't understand why ESPN limit their 360 package to certain ISPs. Pretty effin stupid. But then so is the NFL network!

Glad for those of us that can watch it tho. I mistakenly scheduled a meeting at 1030 so I'll miss the first half. Oh well.

Here is a possible streamed link:
http://www.justin.tv/girls999999

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 10 Apr 2009 17:27

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 10 Apr 2009 17:30

My ISP seems to've added itself to the eligibles for ESPN360 recently, but I think I gotta do the full registration rigamarole @ The Worldwide Leader in order to get it to work, and I'm unwilling.

Cheerz 'Hawkerz.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Norwich (A) Monday --ESPN360 stream

by RoyalChicagoFC » 25 Apr 2009 00:33

With the fixture away to Norwich City having been moved to Monday for UK TV, some --I emphasize some-- may access a live stream via ESPN360.com for the 2:45 PM EST kickoff

It's likely that those with non-U.S. IPs are SOL. It's conceivable that a pub could patch the stream onto a big screen --I really don't know how this stuff works, so I guess that by Sebastian's lights, that's further confirmation of his hard-won surmise that I'm functionally mentally retarded :roll:

Anyway, no TV in the States for Norwich on Monday; just the stream for the lucky ones, as there's a Prem game going on Monday afternoon our time, so Setanta won't have it. Those interested should click the above link and do the setup work beforehand

Setanta US have no current plans to show final-day Championship fare on Sunday week 3rd May (Brum @ home, 8:15 AM EDT KO), as there's another conflict with a Prem game. ESPN360 may be the way to go, but they've got live Eredivisie on the schedule for that hour as of now; we'll see

If past is prologue, Setanta US will have all of these on live as we get deeper into May; I shall advise in the regrettable event that it should prove necessary

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 25 Apr 2009 01:24

RoyalChicagoFC With the fixture away to Norwich City having been moved to Monday for UK TV, some --I emphasize some-- may access a live stream via ESPN360.com for the 2:45 PM EST kickoff

Get the oxf*rd in. ESPN360 rocks, I am all set for Monday.

stlmike

by stlmike » 25 Apr 2009 05:06

Does ESPN 360 archive all the games on it automatically still?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 25 Apr 2009 06:34

stlmike Does ESPN 360 archive all the games on it automatically still?

Yes, that will keep me busy in the off-season to go back and watch all the games they have for Reading this year. (Maybe 5 or 6 so far)

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 30 Apr 2009 14:23

Doesn't look like Setanta has the game on Sunday :(

630 posts