RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by SLAMMED » 24 Oct 2009 01:22

floyd__streete
SLAMMED LOL @ Floyd streete posting drunk. :lol:

anyway why am I explaining myself to you when you are one of my very least favourite posters? :|.

:cry:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 02:13

SLAMMED
floyd__streete
SLAMMED LOL @ Floyd streete posting drunk. :lol:

anyway why am I explaining myself to you when you are one of my very least favourite posters? :|.

:cry:

Be thankful you're not his least. :cry:

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 24 Oct 2009 03:36

One of my best memories of being a Reading fan was Oct 2001.

Reading are 2-0 down to Swindon, and a load of the singing bridgade from Y25 call for Pardews head and leave early in protest, chanting Pardew Out on their way down the stairs. Reading knock in a late goal, and they all come tearing back up, willing the team on. Swindon knock in a third...cue more Pardew out chants, and mass arguments amongst fans at the final whistle.

Had arguments with several nobbers about why he shouldn't go, and look at what happened that season. At Bury later in the season, I confronted some of the protagonists from that day, all of whom claimed they'd always had faith in Pards.

Here are the results up to that day:
Blackpool 0-2 Reading
Reading 1-0 Huddersfield
Reading 4-0 Luton
QPR 0-0 Reading
Port Vale 0-2 Reading
Reading 1-2 Cardiff
Reading 0-0 West Ham*
Stoke 2-0 Reading
Reading 1-0 Cambridge U
Reading 2-0 Wycombe
Bournemouth 1-0 Reading
Reading 1-1 Bury
Colchester 2-0 Reading
Aston Villa 1-0 Reading *
Reading 1-3 Swindon

Managers need more time. Sacking Rodgers now would put the club in a worse position. You'll get a bloke in who'll want his own tactics and players and can do flip all about it until Jan.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 24 Oct 2009 11:01

Stooper One of my best memories of being a Reading fan was Oct 2001.

Reading are 2-0 down to Swindon, and a load of the singing bridgade from Y25 call for Pardews head and leave early in protest, chanting Pardew Out on their way down the stairs. Reading knock in a late goal, and they all come tearing back up, willing the team on. Swindon knock in a third...cue more Pardew out chants, and mass arguments amongst fans at the final whistle.

Had arguments with several nobbers about why he shouldn't go, and look at what happened that season. At Bury later in the season, I confronted some of the protagonists from that day, all of whom claimed they'd always had faith in Pards.

Blackpool 0-2 Reading
Reading 1-0 Huddersfield
Reading 4-0 Luton
QPR 0-0 Reading
Port Vale 0-2 Reading
Reading 1-2 Cardiff
Reading 0-0 West Ham*
Stoke 2-0 Reading
Reading 1-0 Cambridge U
Reading 2-0 Wycombe
Bournemouth 1-0 Reading
Reading 1-1 Bury
Colchester 2-0 Reading
Reading 1-3 Swindon

Managers need more time. Sacking Rodgers now would put the club in a worse position. You'll get a bloke in who'll want his own tactics and players and can do flip all about it until Jan.

As long some 'bloke' keeps his word about what tactics he actually utilises i couldnt care less. The calling for Pards head never had any extended support unlike with the present regime, and rightly so given that we were only mid table at the time of the supposed slump after Swindon.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Oct 2009 16:52

Stooper One of my best memories of being a Reading fan was Oct 2001.

Blackpool 0-2 Reading
Reading 1-0 Huddersfield
Reading 4-0 Luton
QPR 0-0 Reading
Port Vale 0-2 Reading
Reading 1-2 Cardiff
Reading 0-0 West Ham*
Stoke 2-0 Reading
Reading 1-0 Cambridge U
Reading 2-0 Wycombe
Bournemouth 1-0 Reading
Reading 1-1 Bury
Colchester 2-0 Reading
Reading 1-3 Swindon

Generally I'd be in agreement with you. But Rodgers is an exception and should not just be sacked but hanged, drawn and quartered for crimes against the Royals.

07RFC

Leicester Game

by 07RFC » 24 Oct 2009 17:34

Anyone else want us to get annihilated and completely embaressed on Monday night, on tv, so Rodgers will get the boot? Worst thing in my opinion would be us scraping a draw, so this crap continues.

What you think?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Leicester Game

by PEARCEY » 24 Oct 2009 17:40

No because I hope he can turn it around...what will a hammering do to the confidence of this side anyway?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 Oct 2009 17:42

What if we play well tomorrow and pull a surprise win from out of the hat? What then?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 17:43

07RFC Anyone else want us to get annihilated and completely embaressed on Monday night, on tv, so Rodgers will get the boot? Worst thing in my opinion would be us scraping a draw, so this crap continues.

What you think?

Anyone hoping for us to lose a potentially critical match just so we can get in a new manager who probably wouldn't change our fortunes is not an RFC fan in my eyes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:08

winchester_royal
07RFC Anyone else want us to get annihilated and completely embaressed on Monday night, on tv, so Rodgers will get the boot? Worst thing in my opinion would be us scraping a draw, so this crap continues.

What you think?

Anyone hoping for us to lose a potentially critical match just so we can get in a new manager who probably wouldn't change our fortunes is not an RFC fan in my eyes.

I couldn't give a toss what I am in your eyes. Just because you think it won't help doesn't mean it won't. In this case it is very definitely better the devil you don't know.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:09

Sarah Star What if we play well tomorrow and pull a surprise win from out of the hat? What then?

It needs to be backed up with two or three more performances or it's just another shitty false dawn like Barnsley or Preston, which extends Rodger's pathetic tenure a little longer.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:10

Ian Royal
winchester_royal

What you think?

I couldn't give a toss what I am in your eyes. Just because you think it won't help doesn't mean it won't. In this case it is very definitely better the devil you don't know.

Just giving my opinion. As does everyone on a discussion forum.

Tit.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:11

Ian Royal
Sarah Star What if we play well tomorrow and pull a surprise win from out of the hat? What then?

It needs to be backed up with two or three more performances or it's just another shitty false dawn like Barnsley or Preston, which extends Rodger's pathetic tenure a little longer.

You're the new Royalee. Irrational hatred for a man who's trying to do his best for the club.

Pathetic.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Oct 2009 18:16

winchester_royal
Ian Royal

You're the new Royalee. Irrational hatred for a man who's trying to do his best for the club.

Pathetic.

Who gives a sh1t whether he's trying his best? On £200K salary I should think he is trying his best. I want someone who's succeeding, not just trying. I can try for £200K. Actually, come to think of it, I couldn't buy crappier palyers or employ crappier tactics and select crappier teams than Rodgers and I'd do it for £50K. And I'd try. How's that?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:17

winchester_royal
Ian Royal

Pathetic.

P14, W2, D4, L8, F12, A24 against Championship quality opposition is not irrational.

I don't hate him, I think he's a dick and is so far out of his depth it's untrue. I think he's doing an appalling job and have come to this conclusion slowly and carefully over almost 5 months of his management.

His best, assuming we've actually seen it, which I fricking hope not for his sake or he'll never get another management job in football, is simply not good enough. We are getting worse he is looking more and more clueless and desperate and we can't afford to get cut adrift at the bottom.

We have a squad capable of finishing mid-table. We do not have a squad capable of getting us to mid-table from being bottom 3 and adrift by Xmas. Which is where we are currently heading.

So take your head out of your arse.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:19

Yep, because any other manager could walk into a club under complete upheaval, selling its best players, keeping costs as low as possible, and succeed.

IT IS AN IMPOSSIBLE JOB. WHY DO YOU THINK NO-ONE ELSE APART FROM A READING MAN WAS WILLING TO TAKE IT ON? WHO DO YOU THINK WE'LL GET WHO WILL BE ANY BETTER THAN A MAN HIGHLY THOUGHT OF ACROSS WORLD FOOTBALL?

Christ.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:28

winchester_royal Yep, because any other manager could walk into a club under complete upheaval, selling its best players, keeping costs as low as possible, and succeed.

IT IS AN IMPOSSIBLE JOB. WHY DO YOU THINK NO-ONE ELSE APART FROM A READING MAN WAS WILLING TO TAKE IT ON? WHO DO YOU THINK WE'LL GET WHO WILL BE ANY BETTER THAN A MAN HIGHLY THOUGHT OF ACROSS WORLD FOOTBALL?

Christ.

You are as deluded as Rodgers.

How about a manager with some managerial experience? How about someone who is capable of assessing their squad and giving a team selection and tactics a chance to work. Someone who can send out players with some clue as to what they are doing.

Don'y you dare paint me as someone who is demanding something unreasonable. We do NOT have a squad that are relegation certainties. We have a manager who is so clueless he is guiding us down unnecessarily. The sooner we get shot and give someone competant the chance to turn us around the sooner we can pull it together. Because it IS going to take anyone time to turn the shambles that Rodgers has created around.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:32

We have a squad which is littered with youngsters, new players, inconsistent players, and players severly lacking in confidence. No continuity from last season, and as a result we should have fully expected to struggle, especially in the last 3 games.

Sorry, but Rodgers isn't the anti-christ, and I still don't know who you think would join us ATM.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:35

winchester_royal We have a squad which is littered with youngsters, new players, inconsistent players, and players severly lacking in confidence. No continuity from last season, and as a result we should have fully expected to struggle, especially in the last 3 games.

Sorry, but Rodgers isn't the anti-christ, and I still don't know who you think would join us ATM.

We wanted no continuity from last season. The players are lacking in confidence because of the shit position of the club which is directly attributable to the management. The youngsters are our best performers and who's fault is it we don't have the players we need?

Afterall we've spent £3.5m on 7 new players and sent half a dozen out on loan.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:37

Ian Royal
winchester_royal We have a squad which is littered with youngsters, new players, inconsistent players, and players severly lacking in confidence. No continuity from last season, and as a result we should have fully expected to struggle, especially in the last 3 games.

We wanted no continuity from last season. The players are lacking in confidence because of the shit position of the club which is directly attributable to the management. The youngsters are our best performers and who's fault is it we don't have the players we need?

Afterall we've spent £3.5m on 7 new players and sent half a dozen out on loan.

We couldn't afford or attract the types of players needed. And the confidence swept out of this club during Coppell's tenure not this one.

467 posts