play-offs?

567 posts
westendgirl

Re: play-offs?

by westendgirl » 29 Mar 2010 10:39

Stranded It is - and if they are wound up someone will get the chance to a Denmark I would assume or there would be a bye for their opponents. I can't see the Premier League accepting them if they are in admin anyway.

There is a strong possibility though that they could still go in to admin prior to that.

Won't they have to go into administration before the next hearing as that hearing would wind them up so points deduction would be irrelevant as they wouldn't exist any more .

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Mar 2010 11:21

Sorry mixed my words a bit - if they are in admin and points are not deducted this term, them being in the play-offs makes no sense anyway as I just can't see the PL accepting a promoted club in administration.

friday fan

by friday fan » 29 Mar 2010 11:56

whether Cardiff go into administration or not shouldn't figure into the equation. The teams we seem to be looking at chasing are Leicester and swansea. What we need to do it take one game at a time as two months ago playoffs were fairyland stuff. Of course play offs would be nice but a team has to build for the next step or buy when you get there and I can't see SJM buying when we get there. As a Reading fan I'd love to see us back in the Prem but keeping our current status would be a massive achievement considering where we were 2 months ago.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 29 Mar 2010 12:48

Stranded Sorry mixed my words a bit - if they are in admin and points are not deducted this term, them being in the play-offs makes no sense anyway as I just can't see the PL accepting a promoted club in administration.

I may be being a bit stupid her but would the money gained by promotion not pull them out of administration?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2010 12:52

Well Rodgers was right about one thing. A good run of wins could take us into the play offs.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 29 Mar 2010 19:02

I completed the Predictor on the BBC website until the end of the season.

Reading came 5th with 72 points - makes the big assumption we can go unbeaten to the end of the season with 6 wins and 2 draws, but that looks to be enough as all the other teams in contention have several tough games.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 29 Mar 2010 23:14

After beating Notts Forest tonight it is a safe bet that by the time we play Newcastle they will already be promoted so will not have much to play for - might help us - especially if they are recovering from the after promotion party.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 29 Mar 2010 23:51

The one thing that might --might-- motivate them to put out the best available team and give the maximum effort is the pursuit of a 100-point season

They can afford either to lose once or to draw twice over their remaining seven, but any finishes worse than that, and they'll fall short of triple digits

Their foremost priority, with promotion secured, should be to rest guys who need it and to see what they've got in terms of squad depth, but of course it's they who'll be weighing up and making those decisions

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Mar 2010 14:55

parky
Stranded Sorry mixed my words a bit - if they are in admin and points are not deducted this term, them being in the play-offs makes no sense anyway as I just can't see the PL accepting a promoted club in administration.

I may be being a bit stupid her but would the money gained by promotion not pull them out of administration?

I'm not sure you get that much money just for getting into the Prem.

You'll make some money from the playoff games off course, but probably spend that on bonuses.

They've already spent a big chunk of next season's season tickets i believe.

The income from the Prem then acrues over the season, TV money is paid in chunks and you get place money atthe end of the season.

Being in admin means you need cash NOW, not in a few months time and of course once you hit May your income dries up for a few months anyway but a lot of your expenses continue.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Mar 2010 15:04

RoyalChicagoFC The one thing that might --might-- motivate them to put out the best available team and give the maximum effort is the pursuit of a 100-point season

They can afford either to lose once or to draw twice over their remaining seven, but any finishes worse than that, and they'll fall short of triple digits

Their foremost priority, with promotion secured, should be to rest guys who need it and to see what they've got in terms of squad depth, but of course it's they who'll be weighing up and making those decisions

That should be an incentive for our boys not to let them get to 2 digits. I think by the time we play them our playoff hope will be buried and we will just be playing with alternative motives!!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 30 Mar 2010 15:25

:lol: Now why couldn't I connect that dot myseLOLf!

Well done

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Mar 2010 15:45

loyalroyal4life That should be an incentive for our boys not to let them get to 2 digits.

i think that horse may have already bolted to be fair

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 30 Mar 2010 15:50

So we want Cardiff to Beat Leicester tonight?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Mar 2010 15:50

'appen we do

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 30 Mar 2010 16:04

i know this is a bit difficult, but can any of you bitches tell me if we are gonna make the play offs?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Mar 2010 16:08

Focher i know this is a bit difficult, but can any of you bitches tell me if we are gonna make the play offs?

Don't call me a bitch, but I can tell you that my answer is "Possibly".

coyrls

by coyrls » 30 Mar 2010 17:22

leww_rfc So we want Cardiff to Beat Leicester tonight?

I think we either want Cardiff to beat both Leicester and Swansea
or lose to both Leicester and Swansea.

If Cardiff lose both those games, getting to the playoffs is "in our hands" (i.e. if we win all our games!)

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 30 Mar 2010 17:26

Whenever those above (thru the side now fourth) match up, I'll go for the draw and two points dropped by both --unless someone can show me why I shouldn't

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Mar 2010 17:27

I'd quite happily settle for a draw. They both get a point further ahead, but we get an extra game in hand and can potentially reel them both in by two with it. Rather than 3 on one and 0 on the other.

Draws in any games between Swansea, Leicester and Cardiff for me please.

coyrls

by coyrls » 30 Mar 2010 17:47

I think there's something psychologically positive abut knowing that if we win all our games we will be in the playoffs, which would be the case if Cardiff lose their next two games (Leicester today and Swansea on Saturday) and we win on Saturday. I accept that mathematically draws are probably the best though. Leicester also play WBA on Friday and so by Saturday night things could look a lot clearer (and hopefully better for us).

567 posts