Matt Mills

708 posts
yappy

Re: Matt Mills

by yappy » 17 Mar 2010 20:09

Just realised they made the video interview free to view! Just watched all 6 minutes of it, does seem very sincere indeed.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Mar 2010 20:16

floyd__streete
Woodcote Royal Install ejecter seats with Boo meters and synchronized retractable roofing throughout Y26......................job done

How about installing a strop-o-meter for the driver's seat of your car and a synchronized retractable season ticket in case you decide the team line-up isn't to your liking again any time soon :lol:

The point being that I would sooner have gone home that day than have sat in my seat in a frame of mind where I would have been tempted to take out my frustrations over Coppell on the players........................and that's precisely what I would like the morons who boo our players to do.......................if you can't support the team....................fuvk off home.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Mar 2010 20:23

2 reasons for this apology:

A) He is truly sorry

B) He realises that the team is more important than his relationship with the fans and he must continue to give his all.

Either way, it surely deserves forgiveness as a fan.

zummerset

by zummerset » 17 Mar 2010 20:24

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
SpaceCruiser
joe999 believe it or not, Ive actually taken the time to sit down and read the last 10 pages of this the morning, and now we have an apology, I think it's time to move on. Fair play to him for what he said, hopefully it will all settle down now.

One thing I will say.. (and this is not a pop at the west stand at all) all you lot saying the east stand fans are a "Bunch of morons" etc. etc. We have IMO some of the best fans in the country, and I think the east stand fans are some of the most passionate lot Ive seen throughout the country. There's a reason we've got voted best family friendly club, and its not just the workings of the backroom staff. Yes, you will get some idots at every ground.. but do they just sit in the east stand? No, they dont. It's not a holding pen for thugs and idiots. Ill actually quote Mills here, 99.9999% of our fans are absolutely brilliant, so much better than most. And one thing that DIDNT need to come out of this thread was the fans having a pop at each other.

Case closed, the guys apologised. Everyone move on. Lock the thread.

LOL, are you serious about us having the best fans in the country? I would like to believe you, but on what do you base that opinion?

Tamest fans. Works both way, don't get the hard core support, but don't the venom either...

The West stand - ghey prawn sandwich munchers, North stand - we know you're there but can anyone hear you? East stand best atmosphere and banter. And yes we boo'd Mills after the same repetitive errors and cheered him when he got stuck in. I don't give a flying one if he gave us the finger - he cares and thats a good thing. Thanks for the apology Matt (that the club PR team put together) but forget about it and have a good game next week. Oh and all you sanctimonious weepies that probably joined in the stick for Mills (and previously Oster/ Kebe etc) please accept the finger for your finger wagging, hang me on a cross attitude.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 17 Mar 2010 20:28

I recall Paul Holsgrove giving the Southbank two fingers after several poor performances from him.... it was his last ever game for the Royals

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2010 20:34

MeMeMe I recall Paul Holsgrove giving the Southbank two fingers after several poor performances from him.... it was his last ever game for the Royals

the clue is in the word "several"

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 17 Mar 2010 20:46

yappy Just realised they made the video interview free to view! Just watched all 6 minutes of it, does seem very sincere indeed.

Just watching it now... Seems very humble and sorry. Fair play to lad... All forgiven

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Mar 2010 20:47

MeMeMe I recall Paul Holsgrove giving the Southbank two fingers after several poor performances from him.... it was his last ever game for the Royals

Yes, but the difference is that he was actually shit.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Mar 2010 21:08

zummerset The West stand - ghey prawn sandwich munchers...

This often repeated bollox does make me laugh. I think you'll find the West Stand is most likely to be populated by fans that have been watching Reading for years. I know from my experience that I recognise lots of faces from Elm Park.

Let me guess, you're one of those, oh so passionate Y25 and Y26 fans that are the best fans the club has ever had. The same Y25 and Y26 areas that always seem to be the first to be sparsely populated areas when results aren't going well.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 17 Mar 2010 21:12

That's true as well.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 17 Mar 2010 21:15

Big respect to Mills and McD. It's over now as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair, most of the crowd offered Mills the olive branch last night by chanting his name, but it appears he was too upset or angry to take it. Glad he's done so now and he can get back to (metaphorically) shafting opposition attackers, and we can get back to cheering it.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Mar 2010 21:17

Para Handy

This often repeated bollox does make me laugh. I think you'll find the West Stand is most likely to be populated by fans that have been watching Reading for years. I know from my experience that I recognise lots of faces from Elm Park.

Let me guess, you're one of those, oh so passionate Y25 and Y26 fans that are the best fans the club has ever had. The same Y25 and Y26 areas that always seem to be the first to be sparsely populated areas when results aren't going well.

Agreed. There are times when a mass exodus goes on with is pitifull. Sometimes even when a game is in the balance.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Mar 2010 21:23

19 pages on and so many people still don't get it.
The booing was not at Mills per se IMHO it was directed at the tactic of wellying the ball out wide.

Mills took it personally and had a fit.
He has done the right thing presumably after the manager told him to do it,the manager who also presumably told him to go long rather than let Siggy and Tabb come and collect the ball and build through midfield.
The sooner we get back to our successful passing game the better.

Some of you lot really are pathetic when going on about the best stand in the ground,just as bad as when there is a bout of "we're the right side...etc" (mainly at away games) when you really ought to be at Butlins or on an 18-30 trip than at a football match.

Back to normal on Saturday Matt and we will all be happy even though you look like Freddie Flintoff's brother and so many on here seem incredibly jealous of you and your bird-what does she think of that finger?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2010 21:29

Para Handy

That's odd - all the seats near me have been pretty much sold out every week for 5+ yrs & I sit in Y25. And yes I go every week.

Why get into this stupid debate? For the record, I used to sit in the west stand when I first started going to Mad Stad but I did find it quite quiet so I moved to east 6 years ago & have been there since. I personally find the atmosphere better & the banter with the away fans is good fun. Helping to build up the atmosphere at games & vocally getting behind the team is a good thing isn't it?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Mar 2010 21:31

Victor Meldrew
Back to normal on Saturday Matt and we will all be happy even though you look like Freddie Flintoff's brother and so many on here seem incredibly jealous of you and your bird-what does she think of that finger?

I'm sure she's a happy woman.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Mar 2010 21:32

Why do some of you have to slag off other stands? Its bloody ridiculous to generalise about the behaviour of each and every supporter in any one stand.
Some of us are noisier than others. Who cares?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2010 21:34

PEARCEY Why do some of you have to slag off other stands? Its bloody ridiculous to generalise about the behaviour of each and every supporter in any one stand.

Quite. This whole thread stinks of "East Stand" STH's are all morons & it get on my nerves.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Mar 2010 21:43

MmmMonsterMunch
PEARCEY Why do some of you have to slag off other stands? Its bloody ridiculous to generalise about the behaviour of each and every supporter in any one stand.

Quite. This whole thread stinks of "East Stand" STH's are all morons & it get on my nerves.

Erm, I'm not actually slagging off other stands. I was responding to a point about the West Stand by saying it was often repeated bollox that all the fans there are prawn sandwich types. I chose to point out that Y25 and Y26, who I hear about on here all the time, often appears fairly empty long before full time. TBH I couldn't give a toss where you sit, when you leave, or whether you sing or not. However, I think it's fair to respond to the usual bollox about the West stand supporters.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 17 Mar 2010 21:45

I predict Mills will get a hero's welcome at the next game. And to be hinest he'll deserve it. Whatever the provocation (and it doesn't appear to have been much), he let himself down.

But in my view his swift apology redeems him, and in some ways makes him a bigger man than he appeared before. Well done to the lad (and his manager).

Smart damage limitation by the Club too, it has to be said.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2010 21:50

Para Handy
MmmMonsterMunch

Erm, I'm not actually slagging off other stands. I was responding to a point about the West Stand by saying it was often repeated bollox that all the fans there are prawn sandwich types. I chose to point out that Y25 and Y26, who I hear about on here all the time, often appears fairly empty long before full time. TBH I couldn't give a toss where you sit, when you leave, or whether you sing or not. However, I think it's fair to respond to the usual bollox about the West stand supporters.

Fair enough. I wasn't referring directly to that one comment - this thread is full of stuff about the east stand & the people who choose to sit in it. Who actually cares? I like my seat!

708 posts