TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3874 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Royalwaster » 30 May 2024 15:58

Sutekh
Hendo
Forbury Lion When did they ask you to post this, hopefully not 6 weeks ago?

:arrow: https://x.com/STARReading/status/1795815747920212164

@STARReading tweeted We are in a tough position. Discretion is essential at this stage of negotiations, but we also know Reading fans are anxious for updates. This is being made worse by false reporting and inaccurate rumour-mongering.

We have spoken to Nigel and he has assured us that he is still working on a deal and as soon as there is something to share it will be shared. Put bluntly, there is not yet good news, but - contrary to online speculation - no bad news either. Talks are ongoing.

We know how desperate we all are for this situation to be over and for everyone to have some clarity going forward.

Can we all now accept the above and just wait? If it doesn't come from an official source it's likely rubbish. Some unknown on twitter is, surprisingly, not an official source.

The bed wetters will never accept it.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 30 May 2024 16:49

Schards#2 If there is bad news coming, I would expect it to be announced early next week - after the deadline for season ticket renewals. I certainly wouldn't let anything Howe says dissuade me from that view

If Chiron had pulled out why would they care about waiting until after the deadline to announce it ?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 May 2024 17:06

Crusader Royal
Schards#2 If there is bad news coming, I would expect it to be announced early next week - after the deadline for season ticket renewals. I certainly wouldn't let anything Howe says dissuade me from that view

If Chiron had pulled out why would they care about waiting until after the deadline to announce it ?

I really don’t want to fuel to any dread fire, but if they’re under an NDA during exclusivity they might not have that option

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 May 2024 17:26

Royalwaster
Sutekh

@STARReading tweeted We are in a tough position. Discretion is essential at this stage of negotiations, but we also know Reading fans are anxious for updates. This is being made worse by false reporting and inaccurate rumour-mongering.

We have spoken to Nigel and he has assured us that he is still working on a deal and as soon as there is something to share it will be shared. Put bluntly, there is not yet good news, but - contrary to online speculation - no bad news either. Talks are ongoing.

We know how desperate we all are for this situation to be over and for everyone to have some clarity going forward.

Can we all now accept the above and just wait? If it doesn't come from an official source it's likely rubbish. Some unknown on twitter is, surprisingly, not an official source.

The bed wetters will never accept it.

This is the default position of anyone with a lick of sense anyway.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 May 2024 18:12

I've had a reminder to renew my season ticket, probably to help pay the wage bill. Presumably there's a few million pounds from the ST sales that could fall on either side of the deal, is Dai stalling until the deadline?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 May 2024 06:33

Franchise FC
Crusader Royal

I really don’t want to fuel to any dread fire, but if they’re under an NDA during exclusivity they might not have that option

If they have pulled out of any agreement then the NDA ceases to hold weight - it will be for the length of the process. If the process "is complete" they can say what the hell they like.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2024 07:48

Stranded
Franchise FC
Crusader Royal

If they have pulled out of any agreement then the NDA ceases to hold weight - it will be for the length of the process. If the process "is complete" they can say what the hell they like.

NDA’s are incident specific, so potentially could have any clause they like.
For example, the loans made so far could be said to become voidable if the purchaser blabs
If the NDA says they can’t say anything ever, then they can’t say what they like … ever

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 May 2024 08:45

Franchise FC
Stranded
Franchise FC I really don’t want to fuel to any dread fire, but if they’re under an NDA during exclusivity they might not have that option

For example, the loans made so far could be said to become voidable if the purchaser blabs
If the NDA says they can’t say anything ever, then they can’t say what they like … ever

In that case then, we are very unlikely to hear anything from either side on anything until it completes, or someone else completes, or we go bust.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 May 2024 08:57

PieEater I've had a reminder to renew my season ticket, probably to help pay the wage bill. Presumably there's a few million pounds from the ST sales that could fall on either side of the deal, is Dai stalling until the deadline?

I was mildly intrigued by the wording on the email, particularly "one thing that you can rely on is the Royals will be lining up in August ready for another action packed campaign"

All the activity definitely gives me a feeling that they're confident stability is around the corner, maybe misplaced but who knows eh? Nobody on here that's for sure

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 31 May 2024 09:13

Silver Fox
PieEater I've had a reminder to renew my season ticket, probably to help pay the wage bill. Presumably there's a few million pounds from the ST sales that could fall on either side of the deal, is Dai stalling until the deadline?

I was mildly intrigued by the wording on the email, particularly "one thing that you can rely on is the Royals will be lining up in August ready for another action packed campaign"

All the activity definitely gives me a feeling that they're confident stability is around the corner, maybe misplaced but who knows eh? Nobody on here that's for sure

I'm sure lots of people are holding off in case it all goes tits up, I'm not that confident the Royals will be lining up in August if Dai is still in charge and they would say that anyway wouldn't they? I mean the marketing dept wouldn't send out a reminder to get your ST caveated by administration/oblivion if we don't sell!

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 31 May 2024 09:30

PieEater
Silver Fox

I'm sure lots of people are holding off in case it all goes tits up, I'm not that confident the Royals will be lining up in August if Dai is still in charge and they would say that anyway wouldn't they? I mean the marketing dept wouldn't send out a reminder to get your ST caveated by administration/oblivion if we don't sell!

Surely people would be buying on a credit card and would therefore simply claim the money back from the credit card company if the club folded?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 May 2024 09:53

Greatwesternline
PieEater
Silver Fox

Surely people would be buying on a credit card and would therefore simply claim the money back from the credit card company if the club folded?

I've always just paid in full up front by debit. I don’t have a credit card any more.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 May 2024 09:58

Players and staff paid in full today (Earnshaw reporting, I'm not ITK). Suggests Chiron still happy paying the bills which can only be positive.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 31 May 2024 10:05

Greatwesternline
PieEater
Silver Fox

That implies people have credit cards. Around 64% of adults have at least one credit card in the UK - leaving 36% without one. The age breakdown is such that younger people are significantly less likely to have one than a middle-aged adult as well.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 31 May 2024 10:23

Clyde1998
Greatwesternline
PieEater

That implies people have credit cards. Around 64% of adults have at least one credit card in the UK - leaving 36% without one. The age breakdown is such that younger people are significantly less likely to have one than a middle-aged adult as well.

So the majority have credit cards then.
Debit cards are for mugs, a cash back credit card makes more sense and is magnitudes safer.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 31 May 2024 10:23

The subject line of the RFC season ticket email received yesterday was this....

Reading FC Zammo, putting aside the 'ELEPHANT' in the room...

.....actual lol.

I'm holding off to renewal date deadline day at the latest.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 31 May 2024 10:51

Clyde1998
Greatwesternline
PieEater

Buying anything worth more than £100 on debit card is stupid. If it never turns up, or the company goes bust, a credit card company just gives you the money back no questions asked.

Martin Lewis' very existence clearly still passing millions by.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 May 2024 10:57

Stranded
Franchise FC
Stranded

In that case then, we are very unlikely to hear anything from either side on anything until it completes, or someone else completes, or we go bust.

Don’t get me wrong I am most definitely NOT ITK
All I’m saying is we don’t have a clue what the NDA says, or even if one exists (although I think we’d all be very surprised if it didn’t)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 May 2024 11:00

Mid Sussex Royal The Olise things is rumours.

I would assume if a player has a buy out clause which is fully met it nullifies the existing contract and would leave the buying club free to negotiate from scratch.
I guess it depends what the actual contract said.

On this weeks That Peter Crouch podcast, they were covering contracts and Steve Sidwell has some of his there including a Reading one, They told the story of someone whose contract has a line about letting them talk to clubs who made a bit of £1m*, so the club let him speak to them then said we're not selling you for less than £5m* so the transfer never happened as the contract only stated they would let the player speak to those clubs, not that they had to sell for £1m*

*Can't remember the exact numbers quoted, but was along these lines

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 May 2024 11:02

Greatwesternline
Clyde1998
Greatwesternline

Buying anything worth more than £100 on debit card is stupid. If it never turns up, or the company goes bust, a credit card company just gives you the money back no questions asked.

Martin Lewis' very existence clearly still passing millions by.
People are stupid.
I know an accountant who bought a top of the range TV on her debit card from a website nobody has ever heard of, it didn't turn up and the website disappeared :roll:

Also, when paying with paypal, never use friends and familly to pay even if the seller insists because that means you are not covered.

3874 posts