TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3874 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Sutekh » 10 Jun 2024 06:32

Crowbar6753 I have no idea what's going on anymore, is Dai stalling or are Chiron stalling!! we really don't know, however, with another offer being put on the table and according to the report is a more substantial offer maybe this might just be the kick up the backside that Chiron need to get this deal completed.
Regarding any new owners, i'm sure they're all crooks in some way or another!! Maybe its time to use the German template and start having fan owned clubs or at least a fan led consortium who own 50% in the club to stop these crooks from ruining our clubs.

The alternative offer that's appeared is apparently a £30-£45m bid from the aforementioned Saudi/US consortium. They're apparently fronted by Marc Bircham so would at least have some understanding of the insanity of football in this country.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 10 Jun 2024 12:08

Sutekh Who'll pay the tax and wage bills in June?

The next mugs sorry, the next group in exclusive talks? I can see him stringing a few groups along, liquidating the club and say "Sue me for the money, but I am here in China, so don't fancy your chances"

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 10 Jun 2024 12:13

The Royal Forester

The next mugs sorry, the next group in exclusive talks? I can see him stringing a few groups along, liquidating the club and say "Sue me for the money, but I am here in China, so don't fancy your chances"

Others will know for sure but could he liquidate the club while there are charges on the assets ?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Jun 2024 12:26

Crusader Royal
The Royal Forester

Others will know for sure but could he liquidate the club while there are charges on the assets ?

Not without the consent of the secured creditors
Depending upon the nature of the charge they may have the right to place the business into administration

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jun 2024 12:44

The Royal Forester

He'd be a brave chap spending his time in China given the state of his businesses there.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jun 2024 15:11

The Chronic's latest update on the latest update:

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... turn-fold/

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Jun 2024 18:14

Sutekh
Crowbar6753 I have no idea what's going on anymore, is Dai stalling or are Chiron stalling!! we really don't know, however, with another offer being put on the table and according to the report is a more substantial offer maybe this might just be the kick up the backside that Chiron need to get this deal completed.
Regarding any new owners, i'm sure they're all crooks in some way or another!! Maybe its time to use the German template and start having fan owned clubs or at least a fan led consortium who own 50% in the club to stop these crooks from ruining our clubs.

The alternative offer that's appeared is apparently a £30-£45m bid from the aforementioned Saudi/US consortium. They're apparently fronted by Marc Bircham so would at least have some understanding of the insanity of football in this country.

I'm not sure what his take on the insanity of business is though, as the sports streaming site he fronts doesn't seem to have a single bit of content to offer.

It sounds like the streaming equivalent of that non-existent energy drink, just another bid made for publicity.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jun 2024 08:51

Ian Baker writes in The Sun today that Rob Couhig is part of the consortium looking to purchase the club. May be a case of 2+2=5 here but he did leave his Chairman role at Wycombe on Friday and has been seen at the club.

Baker is also Wycombe based, so may well have contacts close to Couhig.

May not like how the guy comes across but he has certainly left Wycombe in a stronger position that when he took over.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Jun 2024 09:12

Not trying to defend Couhig because he does come across as a bit of a dick but at the time of the Bearwood shenanigans, he did make some statement about us not knowing the full facts and that it would all become clear in time.

Maybe he saw buying Bearwood as leverage towards buying the club? I don't know, purely speculation on my part.

I wonder how the people who gave him some very personal abuse on Twitter would respond if he did buy the club.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Jun 2024 10:56

So what's the lowdown with this Couhig guy? Has he got money? Is he an assured business man, strong links? Can his Wycombe stint be classed as a success?

Balance of probabilities with activities regarding him in the last week does indicate that he may well be involved in some consortium to buy us. What an incredible turnaround that would be after the abuse copped (deserved or not) over training ground sale.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Jun 2024 11:58

Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester

He'd be a brave chap spending his time in China given the state of his businesses there.

Agreed. It sounds like he has probably made some very powerful enemies out there,

However, wouldn't put it past him doing a runner (or at least his assets doing a runner) to a country that isn't too worried about welcoming dodgy characters with iffy money.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Jun 2024 12:07

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester The next mugs sorry, the next group in exclusive talks? I can see him stringing a few groups along, liquidating the club and say "Sue me for the money, but I am here in China, so don't fancy your chances"

Agreed. It sounds like he has probably made some very powerful enemies out there,

However, wouldn't put it past him doing a runner (or at least his assets doing a runner) to a country that isn't too worried about welcoming dodgy characters with iffy money.

He’s being sent to Rwanda ? :shock:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Jun 2024 12:25

paultheroyal So what's the lowdown with this Couhig guy? Has he got money? Is he an assured business man, strong links? Can his Wycombe stint be classed as a success?

Balance of probabilities with activities regarding him in the last week does indicate that he may well be involved in some consortium to buy us. What an incredible turnaround that would be after the abuse copped (deserved or not) over training ground sale.

They love him at Wycombe. Has provided their most successful era and left them in a much better position than when he joined.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2024 12:37

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester The next mugs sorry, the next group in exclusive talks? I can see him stringing a few groups along, liquidating the club and say "Sue me for the money, but I am here in China, so don't fancy your chances"

He's already here mate

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jun 2024 13:43

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal He'd be a brave chap spending his time in China given the state of his businesses there.

He's already here mate

Indeed

Couhig stuff - broadly positive I think. Knows how to run a club.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jun 2024 14:15

Hound
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

He's already here mate

Indeed

Couhig stuff - broadly positive I think. Knows how to run a club.

Also owned a successful AAA Minor League Baseball franchise before Wycombe - so does appear to know what he's doing.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 11 Jun 2024 16:10

Franchise FC

Which 1,000 rich Nobbers do you think could stump up £30,000 each for the purchase, followed by £10,000 each per annum to run the club ?

Hi Franchise,
tbh i haven't looked into how the whole system works, however, it seems to be slowly taking off and gaining some traction. Having lived in Germany for 5yrs i do understand that and i'm sure your also aware that the Germans are very good at what they do and you never know there might be something to it :D

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 11 Jun 2024 17:02

If he can stabilise the club and then pass it on to someone decent with deeper pockets like he's seemingly done with Wycombe then it's a positive.

The only questions are what his methods will be to achieve that and what role the Saudis have. He's not exactly starting off on a positive footing with the fans either.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jun 2024 08:26

Orion1871 If he can stabilise the club and then pass it on to someone decent with deeper pockets like he's seemingly done with Wycombe then it's a positive.

The only questions are what his methods will be to achieve that and what role the Saudis have. He's not exactly starting off on a positive footing with the fans either.

Most of the reaction was pantomime. Fans have short memories and if he comes in soon, stabilses the club and even helps get us back to the Championship, then it will all be forgotten very quickly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jun 2024 09:33

Stranded
Orion1871 If he can stabilise the club and then pass it on to someone decent with deeper pockets like he's seemingly done with Wycombe then it's a positive.

Most of the reaction was pantomime. Fans have short memories and if he comes in soon, stabilses the club and even helps get us back to the Championship, then it will all be forgotten very quickly.

Most of the fans who gave out are the sort of idiots who were worshipping Dai a few years ago. So agree

3874 posts