TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3874 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jun 2024 10:57

I wonder if Wycombe were ever going to buy our training ground or if their ex-owner saw it as a way to get a foot in the door to buy the rest of Reading FC on the cheap after selling on Wycombe?

Maybe he was just impressed with the protests and thought, These fans are so passionate, I want a piece of that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jun 2024 11:17

Crowbar6753
Franchise FC
Crowbar6753 I have no idea what's going on anymore, is Dai stalling or are Chiron stalling!! we really don't know, however, with another offer being put on the table and according to the report is a more substantial offer maybe this might just be the kick up the backside that Chiron need to get this deal completed.
Regarding any new owners, i'm sure they're all crooks in some way or another!! Maybe its time to use the German template and start having fan owned clubs or at least a fan led consortium who own 50% in the club to stop these crooks from ruining our clubs.

Which 1,000 rich Nobbers do you think could stump up £30,000 each for the purchase, followed by £10,000 each per annum to run the club ?

Hi Franchise,
tbh i haven't looked into how the whole system works, however, it seems to be slowly taking off and gaining some traction. Having lived in Germany for 5yrs i do understand that and i'm sure your also aware that the Germans are very good at what they do and you never know there might be something to it :D

Isn't the massive difference that Germany hasn't allowed Sky and co to completely undermine the financial stability of their professional football pyramid? Consequently German football operates within a sensible and sustainable financial model?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Jun 2024 11:23

RoyalBlue
Crowbar6753
Franchise FC Which 1,000 rich Nobbers do you think could stump up £30,000 each for the purchase, followed by £10,000 each per annum to run the club ?

Hi Franchise,
tbh i haven't looked into how the whole system works, however, it seems to be slowly taking off and gaining some traction. Having lived in Germany for 5yrs i do understand that and i'm sure your also aware that the Germans are very good at what they do and you never know there might be something to it :D

Isn't the massive difference that Germany hasn't allowed Sky and co to completely undermine the financial stability of their professional football pyramid? Consequently German football operates within a sensible and sustainable financial model?

I think there’s a bit of the genie being out of the bottle
How many current owners are going to willingly give up half the value in their clubs ?
If they are to be paid out for it, then how is that to be funded ?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 12 Jun 2024 16:11

Forbury Lion I wonder if Wycombe were ever going to buy our training ground or if their ex-owner saw it as a way to get a foot in the door to buy the rest of Reading FC on the cheap after selling on Wycombe?

Maybe he was just impressed with the protests and thought, These fans are so passionate, I want a piece of that.

He got a handful of death threats on Twitter. Absolute lol if he came in and banned them for life :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jun 2024 16:39

Zammo
Forbury Lion I wonder if Wycombe were ever going to buy our training ground or if their ex-owner saw it as a way to get a foot in the door to buy the rest of Reading FC on the cheap after selling on Wycombe?

He got a handful of death threats on Twitter. Absolute lol if he came in and banned them for life :lol:

They already should be.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jun 2024 18:45

Franchise FC
RoyalBlue
Crowbar6753
Hi Franchise,

I think there’s a bit of the genie being out of the bottle
How many current owners are going to willingly give up half the value in their clubs ?
If they are to be paid out for it, then how is that to be funded ?

I think you are right. The only possible, but highly unlikely, scenario is that the FA finally wake up to the fact that their very raison d'être is to safeguard and promote our game at all levels and start to push the genie back into the bottle in terms of the undue influence that they have allowed Sky and the PL teams to exert over it.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 12 Jun 2024 18:47

Snowflake Royal
Zammo

They already should be.

Well Wycombe were clearly in the market for a new training ground having just switched their training base to Harlington. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... nn480vp1vo

Not sure what was wrong with the quite pleasant training ground on Marlow Road.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Jun 2024 20:40

PieEater
Snowflake Royal
Zammo

They already should be.

Well Wycombe were clearly in the market for a new training ground having just switched their training base to Harlington. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... nn480vp1vo

Not sure what was wrong with the quite pleasant training ground on Marlow Road.

I did some glider training flying up at Booker, not being funny but used to fly over their training ground really low when coming in to land. Not ideal.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 12 Jun 2024 22:25

Wycombe needed a new training ground. We needed cash. He offered to buy it and let us rent it. At the time, that looked like the only way to pay the bills and avoid another points deduction and almost certain relegation.

A combination of a minor technicality in the original planning permission and, to a very much lesser extent, the reaction from reading fans and media, and they pull out of the deal.

Hardly anything to complain about.

I'm very wary of being in hock to any Saudis, but if they just provide some of the cash and he's in charge, it's better than administration.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jun 2024 07:18

Armadillo Roadkill Wycombe needed a new training ground. We needed cash. He offered to buy it and let us rent it. At the time, that looked like the only way to pay the bills and avoid another points deduction and almost certain relegation.

A combination of a minor technicality in the original planning permission and, to a very much lesser extent, the reaction from reading fans and media, and they pull out of the deal.

I'm very wary of being in hock to any Saudis, but if they just provide some of the cash and he's in charge, it's better than administration.

More or less wary than a Russian ?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Jun 2024 08:44

Snowflake Royal
Zammo

They already should be.

Would that apply to anyone who's wished death on Dai?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Jun 2024 08:45

Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal
Zammo

They already should be.

Or sang "sell the club and f[u]ck off home"?

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 13 Jun 2024 08:48

Franchise FC
Armadillo Roadkill Wycombe needed a new training ground. We needed cash. He offered to buy it and let us rent it. At the time, that looked like the only way to pay the bills and avoid another points deduction and almost certain relegation.

I’d rather it wasn’t anyone from an autocratic state with medieval laws, corrupt public institutions, entrenched violence and systematic abuse of human rights.

Fan ownership >>> Western Europeans >>>> other OECD countries (as short-hand for democratic, developed countries with the rule of law) >>>> Stable democracies outside the OECD >>>>>>> Ian Royal >>>>>>>>>>>>> Russians >> murderous theocracies.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jun 2024 08:53

Armadillo Roadkill
Franchise FC

I’d rather it wasn’t anyone from an autocratic state with medieval laws, corrupt public institutions, entrenched violence and systematic abuse of human rights.

Fan ownership >>> Western Europeans >>>> other OECD countries (as short-hand for democratic, developed countries with the rule of law) >>>> Stable democracies outside the OECD >>>>>>> Ian Royal >>>>>>>>>>>>> Russians >> murderous theocracies.

I'd take a Saudi over a Russian.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jun 2024 09:09

Armadillo Roadkill
Franchise FC

You missed off ‘Dai’ after the murderous theocracies

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Jun 2024 09:34

Armadillo Roadkill
Franchise FC

So you don't want an American owner then?

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 13 Jun 2024 09:37

South Coast Royal
Armadillo Roadkill
Franchise FC More or less wary than a Russian ?

The USA, Canada, Mexico, Chile and Colombia are all American OECD countries.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Jun 2024 09:40

Armadillo Roadkill
South Coast Royal
Armadillo Roadkill

I was light-heartedly (?) picking up on your first para. not the second.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 13 Jun 2024 09:45

South Coast Royal
Armadillo Roadkill
South Coast Royal

I was light-heartedly (?) picking up on your first para. not the second.

Ah, sorry, got you now. The US is in kind of a mess, but then, just about everywhere is, barring the Nordics. So fingers crossed for a consortium if Finns, Danes and Icelanders if we can't swing fan ownership.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jun 2024 10:20

Orion1871
Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal They already should be.

Or sang "sell the club and f[u]ck off home"?

These things have no equivalence and I'm surprised you would try to draw it.

3874 posts