Everton (A) - Match Thread

396 posts
72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Everton (A) - Match Thread

by 72 bus » 02 Mar 2013 21:36

There is no point in keeping BM if we go down.

We need a management/coaching team with some idea of how the modern game is played.
IF we were fortunate to get back into the PL at the first attempt, it would just be more of the same from a BM team.
BM is incapable of learning, does not understand the level of player needed for the PL and will always try to buy on the cheap because those are the types of players he can handle.
If he is here next season you can look forward to more of Jobi and Legs because he will keep those two and continue to play them every game.
Fed's, Pearce, Guthrie, Pog will be gone, replaced by more L1 an L2 players and we will still be playing in the same boring style.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Mar 2013 22:07

72 bus There is no point in keeping BM if we go down.

We need a management/coaching team with some idea of how the modern game is played.
IF we were fortunate to get back into the PL at the first attempt, it would just be more of the same from a BM team.
BM is incapable of learning, does not understand the level of player needed for the PL and will always try to buy on the cheap because those are the types of players he can handle.
If he is here next season you can look forward to more of Jobi and Legs because he will keep those two and continue to play them every game.
Fed's, Pearce, Guthrie, Pog will be gone, replaced by more L1 an L2 players and we will still be playing in the same boring style.

If McDermott had shown that he had actually learned the lesson I would have disagreed with you. But I think we've seen this week he's not learned he lesson at all really. So there is no reason to expect any different if he does get us promoted a second time.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Mar 2013 22:37

Yeah, why would we want a manager with a brilliant track record in Championship football?

We'd be like Wolves after they sacked McCarthy.

"Who's the best man for the Wolves job?"
"Mick McCarthy"
"Shit"

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Mar 2013 22:42

I guess that's the difference between actually thinking about something, or just lazily referring to a few stats.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 02 Mar 2013 22:51

72 bus There is no point in keeping BM if we go down.

I would keep him and then fire hIm if we got promoted. Sounds harsh, but probably for the best as he can't hack it at Prem level but he is a very good Chump manager.

Jobi and Legs would be fine at Chump level so I am not too worried about them, as would be the majority of our squad.

Just hope if we go down and bounce straight back we don't make the same mistakes for a third time...although I have my doubts.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Mar 2013 22:53

Big Ern I would keep him and then fire hIm if we got promoted

:lol:

jellytot

by jellytot » 02 Mar 2013 22:56

Maguire

It is what it is.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Mar 2013 22:59

How many here wanted Coppell to go when we failed to reach the play-offs first time round?

Looks like they all cut and pasted the posts from then

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 02 Mar 2013 23:00

Maguire

Harsh, but I would. He can't hack the Prem. bit like Korkss was disscarded by QPR and then us when it became painfully obvious the Prem was step too far. Would welcome Korkss back in the team if we get relegated next year without hesitation.

My comment may have been ruthless, but keeping someone in situ out of blind loyalty when they are not up to the job s just crazy.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 03 Mar 2013 09:06

jellytot
Maguire

It is what it is.

Agree with big ern.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 03 Mar 2013 09:16

Big Ern
Maguire

Harsh, but I would. He can't hack the Prem. bit like Korkss was disscarded by QPR and then us when it became painfully obvious the Prem was step too far. Would welcome Korkss back in the team if we get relegated next year without hesitation.

My comment may have been ruthless, but keeping someone in situ out of blind loyalty when they are not up to the job s just crazy.

Korkss? Who is that

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Mar 2013 09:25

If you can keep a calm head when all around you are panicking then you'll be a man my son...

(Korky The Cat)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Mar 2013 10:24

We are supposedly 'fighting' for our PL survival and our super sub is Blackman! :shock: It says it all. :cry: Add to that, we sign a player who has hardly played all season, hasn't recovered from injury and therefore doesn't even feature in the match day squad. So much for signing players who can come in and make an immediate contribution to helping the team avoid relegation. :twisted:

At the turn of the year we had given ourselves half a chance of survival and needed to do some really good business during the transfer window. We failed. Yes there was a very last minute bid for Sig, which stood little chance of success, but much more work should have been done elsewhere a lot earlier in the window.

McDermott has presided over two piss poor transfer windows and now we are paying the price. Of all the signings McDermott has made, only two (Kelly and Akpan) have really been automatic and regular selections from the time they joined. And that is largely due to the fact that McDermott's signings in the summer were so poor (Gunter, not good enough. Guthrie not able/willing to play the McDermott way and therefore frozen out).

Most people - pundits and supporters alike - could see that we had nowhere near enough quality to compete effectively at this level but McDermott and Hammond failed to take the necessary action and largely wasted what funds were available.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Mar 2013 11:18

I'm a massive McD & Hammond fan but can't really disagree with this ^.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Mar 2013 11:19

McD was in a no-win situation over this game.

If he went 442 and lost it would be "because" he didn't go 451.

If he went 451 with no player really right for the lone-striker role, that would be his error, too.

The simple truth is, we have a squad of top-end Championship players who are naturally
limited. We have a fighting chance of staying up (Beat Villa and Saints, don't lose to QPR
and find one away win and it should go to the line - beat all three and we have a great chance)

a fighting chance of staying up, but more importantly, if/when we go down we have to play
a season in the championship where we learn to stroke it around more, score THROUGH
midfield, have greater variety

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 03 Mar 2013 11:50

Snowball McD was in a no-win situation over this game.

If he went 442 and lost it would be "because" he didn't go 451.

If he went 451 with no player really right for the lone-striker role, that would be his error, too.

The simple truth is, we have a squad of top-end Championship players who are naturally
limited. We have a fighting chance of staying up (Beat Villa and Saints, don't lose to QPR
and find one away win and it should go to the line - beat all three and we have a great chance)

a fighting chance of staying up, but more importantly, if/when we go down we have to play
a season in the championship where we learn to stroke it around more, score THROUGH
midfield, have greater variety

Beat all 3 that gives us 32 points, draw with QPR thats gives us 30, where are the other 6/8 points coming from? we only have 5 points out of 42 on our travels you know?

396 posts