Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Oct 2013 15:22

But of course we are free to discuss, and share our thoughts on the matter, on this wee forum built for things just like that.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Oct 2013 15:48

yay!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Oct 2013 15:53

:shock:

You agree? Hallelujah.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Oct 2013 16:38

yeah i agree its great to discuss and argue.
i just think it should be done on the basis of what's actually known, o what there is evidence for
not what we think might be, or what we imagine to be, or what we fear to be, or what some bloke said on twitter.

anton not completing the buyout right now is neither good nor bad for me personally
if i get evidence that is bad for the club ill cry with the rest of you. it just doesnt seem to tally with everything else i see about how hes done/doing things so far.

ive got no gr8 love for anton, thats the good thing about him being a random bloke from russia who is only out for profit/profile.
be much happier if SJM just had a bit more cash, didnt have to sell at all, and we could all moan about how he was only in it for the profit and profile, safe in the knowledge that he was a lonely mentalist who we thought we could vaguely trust.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Oct 2013 17:17

But if we only ever discussed what is known, we wouldn't really discuss anything.

Half the fun and most of life is spent considering what might happen, piecing together the bits you do know and sharing opinions. Football discussion is almost entirely based around what could happen game to game: scores, formations, tactics, selection.

Like it or lump it, the world is more concerned with what could happen than what has happened, and you aren't immune to that either.

Saying 'hmm, something seems amiss here' isn't really hysteria, however much you need it to be for whatever reason.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Oct 2013 18:01

this is true - we can all go off on one about random possible outcomes of anything if we like.

and i did say what is known, or what there is some evidence for

like i said ill happily cry with you when our club is remortgaged and anton runs off with all of our cash.
ill happily shout and scream with you when it looks as though that might be what he is about to do
ill happily be disappointed with you if it looks like he may not have as much money as we had hoped/backs out of the purchase, and it becomes clear it doesnt look like he's moving the club forward as promised

just dont expect me to panic with you, or try and discuss it with you on a hugely serious basis if you have nothing in the way of evidence other the fact they didnt give you as fullsome a statement as u wanted explaining why the full purchase has been delayed.

is all

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2013 19:12

Ian Royal Let the spazzfest continue.

Uke So the buyout doesn't "complete" for two more years at least

No problem with that

LoyalRoyal22 Why is this good news? Just shows Anton probably short on the money. Why else would he not want to complete the takeover.

And there we go.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Oct 2013 19:59

And its going full pace on twitter as well

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Oct 2013 20:31

ZacNaloen And its going full pace on twitter as well

Compo demanding some sort of fans protest :roll:

Seriously don't think some of these guys will be happy till they get a seat on the board.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Oct 2013 20:49

Ian Royal
Ian Royal Let the spazzfest continue.

Uke So the buyout doesn't "complete" for two more years at least

No problem with that

And there we go.

When did not having a problem become spazzfest-worthy?

I have no problem with continuing as we have done for another two years.

A lot can happen in that time and SJM isn't getting younger though

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2013 23:07

winchester_royal

Seriously don't think some of these guys will be happy till they get a seat on the board.

It's not often that I think a nobber has let themselves down. But I'm a bit :shock: if Compo really believes that.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Oct 2013 08:27

The facts we are aware of are that a publically stated date for the completion of a major financial transaction concerning our club has been missed, that no revised date for said transaction has been set, and that no reason has been given for the missing of that date. Simply repeating that everyone is comfortable with the situation is not the same as the club giving a reason why it hasn't happened.

SJM being asked to continue as Chairman for 2 Years is significant as it implies that Anton isn't looking to complete the purchase of the club within that time frame at a minimum. Personally, I'm happier now that I know SJM is staying on as Chairman, as it maintains stability.

I now seriously doubt that we will ever be told what has caused the deadline to have been missed, but I'm equally sure that the speculation as to why will continue.

As has been pointed out, Anton already owns 51% of the club; therefore, the only person who might be genuinely concerned about the delay is SJM - IF he needs the money. If he is comfortable with that situation, so be it.

As for the rest of us, keep calm and carry on.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Oct 2013 08:47

Mr Angry The facts we are aware of are that a publically stated date for the completion of a major financial transaction concerning our club has been missed, that no revised date for said transaction has been set, and that no reason has been given for the missing of that date. Simply repeating that everyone is comfortable with the situation is not the same as the club giving a reason why it hasn't happened.

SJM being asked to continue as Chairman for 2 Years is significant as it implies that Anton isn't looking to complete the purchase of the club within that time frame at a minimum. Personally, I'm happier now that I know SJM is staying on as Chairman, as it maintains stability.

I now seriously doubt that we will ever be told what has caused the deadline to have been missed, but I'm equally sure that the speculation as to why will continue.

As has been pointed out, Anton already owns 51% of the club; therefore, the only person who might be genuinely concerned about the delay is SJM - IF he needs the money. If he is comfortable with that situation, so be it.

As for the rest of us, keep calm and carry on.

I'm not that worried cos SJM doesn't seem to be. As this is a private transaction between two individuals, rather than say a takeover involving shareholders, I'm not all that sure that any sort of public statement needs to be made. It may be that the reason is AZs involved somewhere else and doesn't want his plans coming out. That's nothing more than speculation, but probably means it's just as probable as most of the reasons being given. Now let's get on and win the league :D .

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Oct 2013 08:50

It may equally be that the training ground has to be done asap, his cash flow isn't infinite, and it makes more sense to do that than complete a takeover of a company he already owns when he has a cordial relationship with the only other major shareholder?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Oct 2013 09:10

ZacNaloen It may equally be that the training ground has to be done asap, his cash flow isn't infinite, and it makes more sense to do that than complete a takeover of a company he already owns when he has a cordial relationship with the only other major shareholder?

Even better idea. If SJM is happy to stay on (and by the sounds of it he really is), then push the available funds towards the priority. It wasn't so long ago that I am sure someone posted on here we were expected to miss the grading for EPP1 (is that right?) so maybe getting it took the club a little by surprise, who knows?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Oct 2013 10:50

winchester_royal

a representative of the fans on the board would be brilliant.
i just wouldnt vote for compo,

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Oct 2013 10:52

Elm Park Pasty
ZacNaloen It may equally be that the training ground has to be done asap, his cash flow isn't infinite, and it makes more sense to do that than complete a takeover of a company he already owns when he has a cordial relationship with the only other major shareholder?

Even better idea. If SJM is happy to stay on (and by the sounds of it he really is), then push the available funds towards the priority. It wasn't so long ago that I am sure someone posted on here we were expected to miss the grading for EPP1 (is that right?) so maybe getting it took the club a little by surprise, who knows?

or maybe alot of the funds put aside for the full sale were used up in order to ensure we got the status at the second attempt and buying the training ground.

this in my mind is much more the full blown AZ is on the con conspiracies.

without actual info and proof to the contrary im forced to go with what i know and see happening

Esteban

by Esteban » 18 Oct 2013 13:17

RoyalBlue
Harpers So Solid Crew JM kept those print workers in a job for longer than most.

I'll give you that but I'd still rather be down to my last £100M than my last £10K!

Print is a very tough industry, I've been in it in one form or another my entire career. You're bang on the money though, Madejski should have sold out much earlier, if he wanted the money. Fair play to him though, I've seen plenty of printers take the money and run, leaving their staff high and dry.

EDIT: Christ, I'm really boring.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 18 Oct 2013 14:27

I think the use of the word 'deadline' is used incorrectly here and was probably started the press (Dave Wrong mk 2) and Dim Tellor to try and create some kind 'scoop' . My understanding of a 'deadline' is that when I don't submit my Tax Return by the 31st Jan 'deadline' there is a consequence and they fine me. From what I understand the September date was just a 'date' that could be moved by the 2 parties as they see fit and there is/was no negative consequence if this date moves. So all this h0rsesh1t has been stirred up by the press looking for a story and then the fire further fuelled by about 12 other people. :roll:

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 18 Oct 2013 17:40

Maybe the club hasn't said anything because it's none of our facking business.

As much as we like to think we are part of the club, we aren't. We're just the mug punters.

8684 posts