Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Brum (H) SUN 8:15 AM EDT on ESPN360

by RoyalChicagoFC » 30 Apr 2009 14:51

Royal Yank Doesn't look like Setanta has the game on Sunday :(

Nope, Prem game going at that hour. However...

I just checked the listings and found that some --I emphasize some-- may access a live stream via ESPN360.com of Sunday's finale of Brum at home. Kickoff is set for the unusual hour of 8:15 AM EDT, which is 5:15 in the morning on the West Coast

It's likely that those with non-U.S. IPs are SOL, although it's conceivable that a proper football pub would be open for business and could patch the stream onto a big screen, I dunno

In any case, those interested should click the above link to ESPN360 and do the setup work beforehand. They've also got two Eredivisie games and another from Serie A going at the same hour, but I guess that they can stream multiple things simultaneously

Notwithstanding the fact that Setanta US are the exclusive platform for Football League fare in the states, RY correctly reports that they have no current plans to show final-day Championship action owing to overlap with a Prem game

I can report on the basis of precedent that Setanta US should have all of these on live as we get deeper into May; watch this space for updates in the regrettable event that it should prove necessary, and roll on Sunday in the meantime

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 02 May 2009 00:06

ESPN360.com ESPN360.com is available at no charge to fans who receive their high-speed internet connection from an ESPN360.com affiliated internet service provider. ESPN360.com is also available to fans that access the internet from U.S. college campuses and U.S. military bases.

Your current computer network falls outside of these categories.

Bastards.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 02 May 2009 00:18

I think we can get this sorted by, you know, other means

See you on Sundee mornerz

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 02 May 2009 02:41

I'm counting on the Dutch boys to come through.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 02 May 2009 07:53

I got my 360 to work at home by connecting via VPN to my work network. So I am set. See you all on Sunday.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 02 May 2009 13:06

So to be prepared for the inevitable in- and post-match board cROFLMAOash, 'Hawkerz, bookmark this

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 02 May 2009 17:42

seahawk10 I got my 360 to work at home by connecting via VPN to my work network. So I am set. See you all on Sunday.

:idea:

Alivey

by Alivey » 02 May 2009 18:11

HobnobTV will be streaming the game also FYI

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 03 May 2009 13:32

uhm - all I get on ESPN360 is a ESPNRadio stream - anyone getting the match stream????

unclewal

by unclewal » 03 May 2009 13:37

PremAddict uhm - all I get on ESPN360 is a ESPNRadio stream - anyone getting the match stream????

i'm having same problem

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 03 May 2009 13:37

Can't get the stream to work. Listening to the audio via RW.

Wait, it just got turned on.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 04 May 2009 20:21

Any news on Setanta airing the playoffs? I just looked at their schedule and nothing regarding them is listed - either live or in replay. Did they add the matches late last season?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Arrangements for pLOLayoffs pending

by RoyalChicagoFC » 04 May 2009 20:44

Nuttin' to report; I think it's got to do with matchups not being made final until the close of bidness yesterz

Recent history suggests Setanta US all the way when it comes to the playoffs --but even more recent history suggests that they may just farm it out to ESPN360 for a live stream (and instant archiving)

Keep an eye on ESPN360, on Setanta's sked and on LiveSoccerTV

Soon as I know anything, I'll post it here

Kickoffs:
Away leg this coming Saturday 9th May 12:20 PM EDT
Home leg Tuesday 12th May 2:45 PM EDT
Final is scheduled for Monday 25th May (Memorial Day in the States) @ 10:00 AM EDT

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: PLOLayoff semifinal schedule posted

by RoyalChicagoFC » 06 May 2009 12:58

Pipin' hot 'n' fresh off the griddLOLe "FO" U first thaaaaang in the mawnin'... :roll:

Right, TV arrangements for the two legs of the playoff semifinal appear to've been fixed overnite. They are:

First Leg --Burnley (A) Saturday 9th May live stream on ESPN360 from 12:20 PM Eastern U.S. time (and instantly available in the archive)

Second Leg --Burnley (H) Tuesday 12th May screens live on Setanta US from 2:45 PM Eastern (with same-day repeat screening from 8:30 PM EDT)

Keep an eye on ESPN360, on Setanta's sked and on LiveSoccerTV for any changes that might crop up --as we have witnessed, one never knows

The promotion playoff final at Wembley Jr. is scheduled for Monday 25th May (Memorial Day in the States) @ 10:00 AM EDT, and I gotta believe that Setanta'll have it live, although... :roll:

jgriowa

Reading FC on U.S. TV

by jgriowa » 28 Jul 2009 20:20

Just saw that Setanta has the Chelsea match scheduled to air, delayed a day, on Sunday at 1:15 EDT. Let's hope Setanta doesn't make any last-minute changes to their schedule...

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Toon (A) SAT 15 AUG LIVE on SetantaUS

by RoyalChicagoFC » 04 Aug 2009 20:40

Well spotted, neighbor --cheerz

Right then, new season upon us, everybody on level points and 46 matches away from the Premier League, yada yada

We'll have to scramble on the curtain-raiser at home to Forest this coming Saturday 8th Auggerz from 10 AM EDT, but it would appear that with the match away to Newcastle on Saturday the 15th having been rearranged for UK TV, and with Setanta US having that time blocked off for a Championship match, we'll get that live here

I'll confirm when those laggardly hibernian pillocks get around to updating their schedule to reflect reality, but we might as well pencil it in:
Newcastle United (A), Saturday 15th August/KO 12:20 PM EDT (5:20 over across) on Setanta US

I've done a complete update, with fresh links, in the first post to this thread (which is where one always would do well to look first for the very latest). I post the general information and spell out some of the changes that have been made for the coming season of which an enthusiast living in the States of just passing thru will want to be generally aware; to summarize:

--League Championship fare screens live and on delay on the Setanta US satellite channel, in particular the Saturday 12:20 PM Eastern U.S. time kickoff
--Some Championship matches also stream live, and are kept in archive, at the ESPN360 site (registration and the meeting of registration criteria req'd)
--ESPN360 also has an Eredivisie fetish
--Champions League has moved from ESPN2 to Fox Soccer Channel (and, perhaps, other channels under the Fox umbrella)
--ESPN will be screening Spanish Primera Division matches live; it would appear that they will do so mostly from 11 AM Eastern U.S. time on Sundays
--FSC remains your primary home for live and delayed screenings of Premier League matches, with Setanta US also in on the act
--GolTV remains the place to check for live and delayed Bundesliga and Primera Division fare

Links to all of the applicable channels, with schedules, are to be found in the first post to this thread, and I'll be leaving 'em there until a need to update them should arise

Best of luck to RFC and boss Rodgers for a successful 2009/10 campaign from Chi-City, yo

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 10 Aug 2009 02:48

The game on Saturday against Newcastle is on ESPN360 as well:

From their schedule:
Sat, Aug 15 12:20PM ET Football League Football League - Newcastle United vs. Reading

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 10 Aug 2009 18:51

ESPN's new found interest in footy is awesome!

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 10 Aug 2009 19:00

You will probably be able to watch on http://www.justin.tv. I watched both the WBA/Toon game and Reading/Chelsea live. Sky Soccer Saturday and tons of other footy as well.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Toon (A) SAT 15 AUG *LIVE* 2 options

by RoyalChicagoFC » 12 Aug 2009 15:53

H-Town Royal ESPN's new found interest in footy is awesome!

Predicted here and on my local sports-talk radio station a couple of winters back, mm hmm

Right, cheerz 'Hawkerz --ESPN360 have added Saturday's 12:20 PM EDT kickoff away to Newcastle to their streaming schedule and should have it added to their archive not long after the full time whistle goes

One must be registered there in order to stream, and there are issues assiciated with one's home cable/satellite provider having things on the up and up with ESPN --registration and testing it out in advance is strongly recommended, and I don't think non-North American IPs can use it in any event

For the socially inclined and pub-bound, Setanta US also have it scheduled for a live screening and for repeat screenings on Monday the 17th from 11:15 AM EDT and again on Friday the 21st from 3:15 PM EDT

Could be a while before we get the boys on TV here again --rearrangement of fixtures to odd times for UK TV heralds good news on that front, generally speaking

And ^^what Arky sez^^ is true too. Ciao

630 posts