Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

436 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Sonko can be superman II

by winchester_royal » 22 Jun 2008 13:29

double d Ingimarsson>>>>>>>>Bikey

Eh?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Jun 2008 14:11

I've still not seen enough to be sure Sonko has fully rediscovered his form after injury.

double d

by double d » 22 Jun 2008 14:57

winchester_royal

Eh?

I couldn't decide i do like Bikey a lot but he reminds me of Sonko when he first came and he is not as calm as Ingi hopefully this season will change my mind

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Jun 2008 15:03

Forbury Lion I've still not seen enough to be sure Sonko has fully rediscovered his form after injury.

:lol:

I've not seen enough to be sure that the threat of global terrorism has been defeated.

hutch

by hutch » 22 Jun 2008 15:54

Don`t make me laugh, how many points did Sonko cost us last season? he`s a steaming pile of t*rd. Penalty after penalty he gave away last season, half fit or not the man`s a liability.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Jun 2008 15:56

double d
winchester_royal

Eh?

I couldn't decide i do like Bikey a lot but he reminds me of Sonko when he first came and he is not as calm as Ingi hopefully this season will change my mind

Bikey's raw strength and ability gets himself out of many situations though. I lost count of the number of times Ingimarsson got turned or beaten by the slightest turn of pace last season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jun 2008 19:38

hutch Don`t make me laugh, how many points did Sonko cost us last season? he`s a steaming pile of t*rd. Penalty after penalty he gave away last season, half fit or not the man`s a liability.

Did you perhaps miss the previous 2 seasons? Or do you have the alledged memory of a Goldfish.

LOL at people writing someone off because they had a bad season in a team that had a bad season. I think we have too many emotional teenage brats signed up. A couple of years fighting to avoid relegation to League 1 or 2 should sort that out.

Which is a shame, because I can't see it happening.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 23 Jun 2008 09:07

hutch Don`t make me laugh, how many points did Sonko cost us last season? he`s a steaming pile of t*rd. Penalty after penalty he gave away last season, half fit or not the man`s a liability.

.. and that was precisely how many penalties that he 'gave away'? Come on, support your vitriole with facts.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 23 Jun 2008 09:27

Sonko gave a way 4 pens last season, which I'd say is a little on the high side ! I've got a shocking memory so can;t remember the circumstances of each. Given that Ivar played just about every game and gave away none , and in fact none of our other centre backs gave away a pen there is a case that Sonks wasn't quite on the ball.
That doesn;t make him a bad player, just one who had a poor run of form whilst struggling to come back from a serious injury.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Jun 2008 09:35

On the mention of Bikey, I'd say you would surely have to be blind not to realise that he is head and shoulders above any other defender at the club, however raw he may still be. Classy player, who I hope we will hold on to.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 23 Jun 2008 09:39

cmonurz On the mention of Bikey, I'd say you would surely have to be blind not to realise that he is head and shoulders above any other defender at the club, however raw he may still be. Classy player, who I hope we will hold on to.

'agreed

I can see Sonko coming back into the defence to partner Bikey next season and I would say thats pretty solid and if we keep hold of Shorey we will have a pretty good defence.

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 23 Jun 2008 11:30

rg6royal
cmonurz On the mention of Bikey, I'd say you would surely have to be blind not to realise that he is head and shoulders above any other defender at the club, however raw he may still be. Classy player, who I hope we will hold on to.

'agreed

I can see Sonko coming back into the defence to partner Bikey next season and I would say thats pretty solid and if we keep hold of Shorey we will have a pretty good defence.

Or maybe you won't see Sonko in defence.. well for us anyway.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7468943.stm

Sonko's U-turn on Reading future
By Piers Edwards
BBC Sport, Dakar

Ibrahima Sonko now says he wants to leave Reading
Senegal's Ibrahima Sonko has told BBC Sport he wants to leave Reading despite recently pledging his future to the English Championship side.

"I think I need a new start," Sonko said, after scoring in Senegal's 3-1 win over Liberia on Saturday.

"I heard on Friday that the manager said he would like to keep me but it's time for me to move on.

"That's what I am going to try to do now - go back home and sort my situation out."

Having joined Reading in 2004, the 27-year-old's current contract does not expire until the end of the 2009/2010 season.

Yet his future has been in doubt since missing a reserve game in April, although he maintains this was a misunderstanding over his desire to preserve his fitness after returning from injury.

The centre-back, who has played over 100 games for the Royals, has recently been linked with the trio of newly-promoted Premier League sides: Hull City, Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion.

"I've done my time with Reading, having been there for four years - the longest I've ever stayed with a club," the former Brentford player explained. "I've given them everything.

I love Reading but I need to think about myself now. "I'd like to join a Premiership club but there's nothing certain yet.

I've got to wait but with the two games I've just played, I hope people saw me and will make a move."

Despite playing in several friendlies for Senegal, Sonko's first competitive match came in Liberia earlier this month after injury ruled out regular starter Abdoulaye Diagne Faye of Newcastle United.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Jun 2008 11:33

and he can feck orf and all

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 23 Jun 2008 11:36

what is going on at the Mad Stad, we all expected Shorey and one or two others but Little and Sonko has comeout of the blue for me :cry:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Jun 2008 11:42

Nobody wants to play for Coppell, surprise.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 23 Jun 2008 11:43

Don't worry the others will all follow soon.

I expect the following the leave in the next 5 weeks.

Shorey, Hunt, Sonko, Bikey, Kitson, Lita and possibly Doyle.

To be replaced by ???????

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Jun 2008 11:53

Royalee Nobody wants to play for Coppell, surprise.

:roll:

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

said all along if anyone gets an offer theyll be off
and thats a good thing really
like people have been saying we cant just go into next season with the same squad

gutted about little-though there was nowt we could have done about it either
but sonks was a pretty woeful prem CB, and i dont see it as a great loss to our championship ambitions, though he was awesome there last time round

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 23 Jun 2008 11:57

Blue and White Toucan Don't worry the others will all follow soon.

I expect the following the leave in the next 5 weeks.

Shorey, Hunt, Sonko, Bikey, Kitson, Lita and possibly Doyle.

To be replaced by ???????

And don't forget Harper. What perplexes me is that if these players are so good why did we go down in the first place.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Jun 2008 12:02

Well it’s not difficult TE. Square pegs in square holes and all that. A good team is bigger than the sum of its parts and these individual players may complete jigsaws for other teams. Is that world record cliché usage?

Just because it didn’t work for us doesn’t mean individuals might not make a difference for other Premier League clubs.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 23 Jun 2008 12:16

I think he's probably right. There are a few players that I think should move on for their own, and the club's good.
As long as he's the only centre back we lose then we can cope without him and he may find his form of a couple of years ago.
If he does go to WBA, Hull or Stoke he'll certainly have lots to do !

436 posts