Coppell out!

532 posts
Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Coppell out!

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Feb 2009 16:51

Royalee
Gordons Cumming If was Coppell I'd run as far as I can from this club with it's fickle fans.

We have a slightly bad run and everyone panics!!

Good grief. :roll:

He runs wherever he goes anyway, doesn't need you to inform him to do so - he runs from big decisions and the likes of Man City.

Sorry........but you're an idiot.

HTH

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Feb 2009 16:54

Gordons Cumming If was Coppell I'd run as far as I can from this club with it's fickle fans.

We're no worse than any other set of fans, in fact I'd say we're a hell of a lot better and show much more support (not vocal obviously!) and patience than the majority of clubs fans.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 24 Feb 2009 17:24

Gordons Cumming

HTH

To associate Royalee with idiots is unfair - on idiots. He/she/it is way beyond that level of stupidity.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Feb 2009 17:45

Hoop Blah

We're no worse than any other set of fans, in fact I'd say we're a hell of a lot better and show much more support (not vocal obviously!) and patience than the majority of clubs fans.

ditto Royalee. :wink:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Feb 2009 17:47

Hoop Blah
The 17 Bus Both of whom were bought to go straight into the team tho.

Both? Who do you mean?

Armstrong, who was brought in to replace Shorey, and Doobs who was brought in to cover for an injury, to Sonko I think.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Feb 2009 17:51

Sun Tzu
Ian Royal Presumably not Doyle or Kitson who weren't bought to come straight in. Doyle happened to get an early chance due to injuries and excelled. Kitson was eased in, although with a fair few run outs.

Kitson didn't go straight in because he was injured when we bought him. No real way of knowing what would have happened if he'd been fit from the start.

JM told me that Kitson was actually not injured, amnd that it was done to make him a hungrier player, and not get the feeling he had a right to play straight away. This was witnessed by a couple of other nobbers in the hotel area at the time.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Feb 2009 17:57

and seems to be a club policy with every new player pretty much

seems like a good way of getting the best out of tghem, and the player they may possibly replace too
and means no one should get the hump

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Feb 2009 18:00

It's fair enough if it is presented as club policy, but to tell the press that a player is injured, and then tell fans that was not the case its kind of daft.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Feb 2009 18:16

Gordons Cumming
Royalee

He runs wherever he goes anyway, doesn't need you to inform him to do so - he runs from big decisions and the likes of Man City.

HTH

Says one of the idiots who were in denial about relegation until the final day last year.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Feb 2009 18:21

speaks captain denial

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 24 Feb 2009 18:27

brendywendy and seems to be a club policy with every new player pretty much

seems like a good way of getting the best out of tghem, and the player they may possibly replace too

like Fae

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 24 Feb 2009 20:14

papereyes

like Fae

It always used to work well for Liverpool under the old boot room

Not sure it carrys into the modern game with pampered players and twitchy agents quite so well though

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Feb 2009 20:43

West Stand Man
Gordons Cumming

HTH

To associate Royalee with idiots is unfair - on idiots. He/she/it is way beyond that level of stupidity.

Says another complete tosspiece.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Feb 2009 08:59

Gordons Cumming
Hoop Blah

ditto Royalee. :wink:

Not sure what your getting at there Gordon???

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Feb 2009 09:34

papereyes

like Fae

yeah good one! :roll:

or you could choose the longer list of players it didnt seem to bother much and ended up with them coming in and doing well

i know its a personal thing,and im clearly too positive, but why would you purposely just look for the negatives? unless you were a swindon sabateur?!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 25 Feb 2009 09:54

What's the point of saying "and no-one should get the hump" when we've got some high profile cases where they have?

Oh, and its not negative. Its realistic.
Deal. With. It.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Feb 2009 09:58

papereyes What's the point of saying "and no-one should get the hump" when we've got some high profile cases where they have?

Oh, and its not negative. Its realistic.
Deal. With. It.

no, its negative not realistic

you ruddy deal with it.:lol:

i think your examples of fae and halford getting th ehump just go to show how right i am

the rest of the players deal with it, and force their way in
and those two threw paddies, and ended up being embarrassingly shipped out toot sweet
showing that clearly its a club policy, and anyone who cant cope with their ego taking the tiny knock, and knuckling down,may as well just feck orf.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 25 Feb 2009 10:02

No, they show that your first point was wrong.

I agree, that its a good idea, but I think you have to be prepared to change things, slightly, to suit different personalities or have a more thorough scouting looking at their personality and temperament.

I'd much rather we'd spent that nearly £5 million sum on two players that contributed to last season - imagine having two quality players in the squad when we needed them most. There's no point in making a bit of money back for them if they've achieved absolutely nothing on the pitch.

I'd much rather the side was successful than I were right.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Feb 2009 10:09

papereyes No, they show that your first point was wrong.

I agree, that its a good idea, but I think you have to be prepared to change things, slightly, to suit different personalities or have a more thorough scouting looking at their personality and temperament.

I'd much rather we'd spent that nearly £5 million sum on two players that contributed to last season - imagine having two quality players in the squad when we needed them most. There's no point in making a bit of money back for them if they've achieved absolutely nothing on the pitch.

I'd much rather the side was successful than I were right.

ok

that i can agree with nearly all of that. management in any sector should be about changing your management style to adapt to different peoples needs. not sticking to your style, and anyone else can get stuffed
but then that is pretty rare in any business

though im pretty sure my original point was just that it seems like a club policy, to settle the players in, get them used to our style, then play their way into the team-perhaps waiting for the encumbent to make a mistake/get sent off/injured etc
and i thought that the fact that the two players who couldnt cope with it were instantly shipped out proved it.
perhaps informing players that this could be the case during signing negotiations would stop the slightly embarrassing player huffs happening.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Feb 2009 10:25

papereyes I agree, that its a good idea, but I think you have to be prepared to change things, slightly, to suit different personalities or have a more thorough scouting looking at their personality and temperament.

And there is the crux of good management, the ability to manage the personalities in your squad.

532 posts