Peterborough (A) Match Thread In Association With The Posh

396 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Peterborough (A) Match Thread In Association With The Posh

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2009 18:18

Charlton's decline started as soon as Curbishley left. In his mind, Coppell was already gone during last season. :cry:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Sep 2009 18:20

'lista
Alivey ...he can be a resoniory at times

What the f uck is this?

LMAO! that word doesn't even bring up one google search :shock:

I think he's invented a new word, can we copyright it? wow.

yuomi

by yuomi » 19 Sep 2009 18:21

im waiting for king RTGoyalee's take on the game. there must be positives, even if we were playing on the wrong type of grass in the 2nd half...oh and BR is entirely responsible for tommysmith-gate royal belly, when he as good as claimed smith was a dead cert to come join us it always either going to be a) us royally fecked off when he signed for someone else or b) us royally fecked off when he eventually signed for us and we were still in this position after 8 games.

the more i watch us, the more i think BRs influence is behind this form, he doesnt have the tactical nouse, he doesnt have the motivational capacity and, most importantly, he doesnt seem to have authority over the side. any manager who tolerates pearce's 2nd half performance today with mills on the bench is taking the p*ss. hes full of wind. he had a pre-season and he didnt get his side together (i know there were absences/injuries). we're running out of time and he seems to have run out of ideas.

plus, straw poll, who's in favour of sleevless ralph lauren knits on football managers?

ghey.

Alivey

by Alivey » 19 Sep 2009 18:25

FiNeRaIn
'lista

What the f uck is this?

LMAO! that word doesn't even bring up one google search :shock:

I think he's invented a new word, can we copyright it? wow.

if it worked for shakespeare... :?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 19 Sep 2009 18:52

'lista

What the f uck is this?

Typo for "Roseniory" meaning to shout your mouth of at every opportunity. See also "to have a Rosenior moment" meaning to talk oneself into a booking for no reason at all.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 19 Sep 2009 22:08

yuomi how has pearce ghosted into this captaincy/homegrown john terry role when he is devoid of any sort of footballing mind/ability/talent/leadership?

hes a useless lanky streak of piss if ever i saw one. and lets stop calling these guttersnipes kids. theyre not oxf*rd kids. theyre in the their 20s. supposedly at or approacing the pinnacles of their careers. which at this rate looks to be league 1 football.

You're in trouble now - not allowed to slate Pearce on here

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Sep 2009 07:05

I don't know what he put in their half time Lucozade butthat 2nd half performance was absolutely disgusting.

How professional footballers can let themselves fall apart and within 10 minutes have blown their comfortable lead is quite beyond me.

Oh and why on earth is Matejovsky in the side, he is quite obviously a luxury this team does not need. And so far I am yet to see the point in Brian Howard.

Secondly why on earth is their no width and why did it take Clodagh (and it may as well have been) so long to try and change the shape by bringing Kebe on?

Cutting your cloth I can understand, but the damn stupid penny pinching we've seen this summer has really done for us

Thanks John, hope you're enjoying the ever decreasing home support.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 20 Sep 2009 07:15

hurry up and get back in the first team please Ivar :(

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Sep 2009 21:22

Why was Church taken off instead of Rasiak?
Why was the exhausted Gunnarsson substituted so late in the game?
Will we ever score from open play again?
Can things get any worse?
Why is there a 50mph limit on some sections of the A1?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 20 Sep 2009 21:36

floyd__streete Why was Church taken off instead of Rasiak?
Why was the exhausted Gunnarsson substituted so late in the game?
Will we ever score from open play again?
Can things get any worse?
Why is there a 50mph limit on some sections of the A1?

LOL at the last one :lol:
and IMHO i think Ferguson rang his dad at HT and was on speakerphone to the Peterbrough team telling them what to do :shock:

ROY AL

by ROY AL » 21 Sep 2009 09:54

It makes you wonder why Mills has been benched when he is a proven Championship player and has not been given any chance to prove himself here when much less experienced players are on the pitch.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Sep 2009 10:00

ROY AL It makes you wonder why Mills has been benched when he is a proven Championship player and has not been given any chance to prove himself here when much less experienced players are on the pitch.

Sun Tzu and other apologists He's not match fit.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 21 Sep 2009 10:10

ROY AL It makes you wonder why Mills has been benched when he is a proven Championship player and has not been given any chance to prove himself here when much less experienced players are on the pitch.

I can understand Brendan wanting to give the O'Dea/Pearce partnership a chance to bed down. However, Pearce was so poor in the second half on Saturday - compounding his below-par performances against Cardiff and Sheff Utd - that I would now drop him for Mills. If Mills and Ingi aren't yet match fit, I'd have to ask a) why they are taking up two places on the subs' bench when attacking players like Davies and Robson-Kanu miss out, and b) why we don't arrange more reserve matches to at least try to get them up to speed a bit more quickly.

Good on you for not letting go of this particular bone by the way, RL. Each successive match is justifying your tenacity a little bit more, in my opinion.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Sep 2009 10:18

Um cheers. I think.

As you've said, how do you get "match fit" if you're sat on a bench? People can come on here and make excuses for the club/management as much as they like - fact is, we're dire, we've got a £2 million guy sat on the bench and yet people still blindly think "he's one for the future!" A lot of money to pay for a Division 1 player - cos that will be our future if something isn't done to sort out this shite soon.
Last edited by Royal Lady on 21 Sep 2009 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Sep 2009 10:19

floyd__streete Why is there a 50mph limit on some sections of the A1?

You mean the parts that go past the houses and other buildings? I think you have the answer there.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Sep 2009 10:23

I'm down with the Ralph jumper, fwiw.

O'Dea is certainly a must-start, you can tell he's just a level of class above our other defenders. Much I as I don't like the usual supporters reaction of bigging up whoever isn't in the team as an answer to our woes (how many of you banged on about playing Henry last season? Look where he's ended up), I wouldn't object to Mills getting a bit of game time. That said, one bad game and you'd all be hammering the club for spaffing 2 million on him.

The main reason I don't think 4-4-2 works for us with current staff is that we only have one proper winger. It's more viable when McAnuff gets himself fit.

And up front I think we're suffering through not having a strong channel-runner like Doyle or Forster. Our strikers are generally back-to-goal sorts and there isn't anyone who can isolate a centre-half and go past him.

396 posts