Matt Mills

708 posts
The Surgeon of Crowthorne

Re: Matt Mills

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 17 Mar 2010 22:19

Fair amount of humble pie eaten by Mills and it seems genuine.

I hope he now gets cheered to the rafters next home game.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 17 Mar 2010 22:33

Royalee
MeMeMe I recall Paul Holsgrove giving the Southbank two fingers after several poor performances from him.... it was his last ever game for the Royals

Yes, but the difference is that he was actually shit.

that's true :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Mar 2010 22:59

royal goof The East Stand is the only place any noise comes from. I actually thought most of the people in the other stands were dead, until I logged onto this today!

Yeah the East Stand are just brain dead.

Armadillo Roadkill McD has commented on it on the OS now, playing it down, as you'd hope and expect.

My final comment on the matter - as far as I'm aware, players have always been berated by sections of their own fans. I wonder if true gentlemen like Sir Bobby Robson or temperamental characters like Brian Clough ever made offensive gestures to their home crowd? Probably not. It's not about passion, it's about acting like a grown man and having a bit of class.

That would be the same Brian Clough who once smacked one of his own clubs fans round the back of the head.

As for the kids issue, one Adrian Williams of Bracknell, Berkshire once screamed the words "f**king 'ell what the f*** was that" in front of the family enclosure at Elm Park.It certainly didn't do me any effing harm.

Just do what I do take your I Pod to the game instead of that annoying thing your Missus gave birth to. It doesn't ask inane questions like which team are Reading? It doesn't puke, sh*t or screech at the top of it's voice either.
Last edited by sandman on 17 Mar 2010 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

Fluff

by Fluff » 17 Mar 2010 23:01

I recall Stuart Beavon giving the Tilehurst End the oxf*rd gesture, didn't seem to much of a problem there

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Mar 2010 23:13

sandman Just do what I do take your I Pod to the game instead of that annoying thing your Missus gave birth to. It doesn't ask inane questions like which team are Reading? It doesn't puke, sh*t or screech at the top of it's voice either.

I'm guessing you're bald, a bit twitchy, and go to lots of games on your own. You've got a bit of a gut, no mates, listen to all the scores on your all important I-Pod. I'm close aren't I? Trust me, you'll soon be sporting a satchel and sitting in the East Stand. It's the de rigeur thing these days.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Mar 2010 23:19

Nice one Millsy.

Great apology mate.

You're a top lad and whilst I was indifferent to you before am now turning into a fan.

Good work and thanks for your excellent part in our revival!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Mar 2010 23:21

Para Handy
sandman Just do what I do take your I Pod to the game instead of that annoying thing your Missus gave birth to. It doesn't ask inane questions like which team are Reading? It doesn't puke, sh*t or screech at the top of it's voice either.

I'm guessing you're bald, a bit twitchy, and go to lots of games on your own. You've got a bit of a gut, no mates, listen to all the scores on your all important I-Pod. I'm close aren't I? Trust me, you'll soon be sporting a satchel and sitting in the East Stand. It's the de rigeur thing these days.

I've got long hair, have a good laugh with the people who sit around me, run regularly to keep fit and Listen to Slipknot, Metallica, Slayer and Rage Against The Machine on my generic music player because I support Reading and don't care about other teams. Apart from that spot on.

tlcs

by tlcs » 17 Mar 2010 23:24

2 world wars, 1 world cup Nice one Millsy.

Great apology mate.

You're a top lad and whilst I was indifferent to you before am now turning into a fan.

Good work and thanks for your excellent part in our revival!

Totally agree...........time to move on

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Mar 2010 23:24

sandman
Para Handy

I've got long hair, have a good laugh with the people who sit around me, run regularly to keep fit and Listen to Slipknot, Metallica, Slayer and Rage Against The Machine on my generic music player because I support Reading and don't care about other teams. Apart from that spot on.

Exactly. You sound like a right pcunt.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Mar 2010 23:30

Para Handy
Exactly. You sound like a right pcunt.

Thanks. BTW grow up.
Last edited by sandman on 17 Mar 2010 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 17 Mar 2010 23:51

zummerset The West stand - ghey prawn sandwich munchers, North stand - we know you're there but can anyone hear you? East stand best atmosphere and banter. And yes we boo'd Mills after the same repetitive errors and cheered him when he got stuck in. I don't give a flying one if he gave us the finger - he cares and thats a good thing. Thanks for the apology Matt (that the club PR team put together) but forget about it and have a good game next week. Oh and all you sanctimonious weepies that probably joined in the stick for Mills (and previously Oster/ Kebe etc) please accept the finger for your finger wagging, hang me on a cross attitude.

He must have been taking acting lessons from his broad - as he looked pretty gutted/sincere in that interview.

On a side note - I really do not understand why people are getting their back up over this. I would have cheered him if I was there!

+1 to time to move on

schubert06

by schubert06 » 18 Mar 2010 00:01

A moving mea culpa. i've not seen the likes of that interview before and frankly, i was touched. respect.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 18 Mar 2010 00:07

YAAAWN.

He did what you or me would do if someone booed us in our workplace. To be honest, I think a STAR spokesman should issue a similar statement apologising on behalf of the fools who booed a player considered so vital to our revival that he was rewarded with the captaincy in Ivar's absence.

Look at it this way. The fans were wrong to boo him, although the frustration can get to the best of us. Mills was wrong to react, although the frustration can get to the best of all players. On balance, I would still say the fans were "more wrong" due to the fact he is a DEFENDER, with three clean sheets from the last four league games and a cracking record in the context of our revival. He deserves better than last night.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Mar 2010 00:23

^
+1 To Farley Hill Primary Schools' best ever player

From,
It's worst.
Last edited by sandman on 18 Mar 2010 00:46, edited 2 times in total.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 18 Mar 2010 00:29

Scripted b*llsh*t

Un-rehearshed actions show the truth.

He's laughing at us all.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Mar 2010 00:30

Ozymandias Scripted b*llsh*t

Un-rehearshed actions show the truth.

He's laughing at us all.

Tbf it's hard not to.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 18 Mar 2010 05:01

Decent apology seemed genuine and club have taken the appropriate action against him. Far as I'm concerned it's water under the bridge now, onwards and upwards etc.

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 18 Mar 2010 06:17

Matt Mills is magic, he’s magic at the back,
When he passed to Kebe it made us very sad,
When he gave the finger, we gave the finger back
Now he’s said he’s sorry, that’s the end of that.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Mar 2010 07:07

schubert06 A moving mea culpa. i've not seen the likes of that interview before and frankly, i was touched. respect.

I agree, schumiester.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2010 08:57

Apology accepted.

Everyone needs to move on from this point, as we have more important things to focus on from now on.

708 posts