TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3930 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Stranded » 04 Jul 2024 07:53

Also claiming that there is a new period of exclusivity and that something positive may be announced today or tomorrow or it may not as things change.

Someone else saying that funding is being sorted currently by Couhig.

So yeah, there we go.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 04 Jul 2024 08:23

Don't often do the rumour mill thing, but was told at the weekend that Couhig is running the show behind the scenes.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Jul 2024 09:22

I'm expecting bad news tomorrow or Saturday given the cynical way the club works now...new government overnight followed by big England game so no national exposure.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jul 2024 10:01

Zammo Don't often do the rumour mill thing, but was told at the weekend that Couhig is running the show behind the scenes.

Well, if that is true I would be OK with that.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Jul 2024 13:50

It would be a relief that someone is paying the bills, because as sure as eggs are eggs, it won't be Dai!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jul 2024 13:53

Hmm some teaser up on X…

Genuinely no idea what it’s about

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jul 2024 14:01

Oh well, as unexciting as it gets - Rushesha extended to 2025

Thought he’d already done that

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jul 2024 12:26

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jul 2024 09:40

Tim Dellor "confirming" on the latest Reading FC podcast that Couhig is "in the building" and looking to get the deal done.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 08 Jul 2024 09:48

Would bring stability but at the same time quite underwhelming, Maybe that's what we need though.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 08 Jul 2024 10:02

When you consider what he's done at Wycombe, I for one would be delighted if it's Couhig who seals the deal. Just hope he can get it done in days, not months.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jul 2024 10:19

Armadillo Roadkill When you consider what he's done at Wycombe, I for one would be delighted if it's Couhig who seals the deal. Just hope he can get it done in days, not months.

If he's not Dai, I'm happy. But we're not Wycombe; if it's true that he was behind the decision for the women he'll immediately be on the back foot. Fans have stated that they want us to be "sustainable", but I don't think they're ready for what that really means, especially if the academy has cuts too.

That being said, his Wycombe ambition was to be a sustainable Championship club. That's much more achievable here.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jul 2024 10:41

WestYorksRoyal
Armadillo Roadkill When you consider what he's done at Wycombe, I for one would be delighted if it's Couhig who seals the deal. Just hope he can get it done in days, not months.

If he's not Dai, I'm happy. But we're not Wycombe; if it's true that he was behind the decision for the women he'll immediately be on the back foot. Fans have stated that they want us to be "sustainable", but I don't think they're ready for what that really means, especially if the academy has cuts too.

That being said, his Wycombe ambition was to be a sustainable Championship club. That's much more achievable here.

Whilst Academy cuts are likely, it could be a mistep - we just brought in a 6 figure fee for a 16 year old and there are plenty of deals out there to be had which could see the Academy essentially pay for itself if run properly. If we had cashed in on players like Loader, the Academy would likely be at worst a break even over the years.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jul 2024 11:43

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal

Whilst Academy cuts are likely, it could be a mistep - we just brought in a 6 figure fee for a 16 year old and there are plenty of deals out there to be had which could see the Academy essentially pay for itself if run properly. If we had cashed in on players like Loader, the Academy would likely be at worst a break even over the years.

Definitely if you consider the hypothetical income we could have gained from the likes of Loader and Richards going for nothing and Olise going for below market value due to major incompetence with the ownership, the academy has been very successful.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jul 2024 11:50

tidus_mi2
Stranded
WestYorksRoyal If he's not Dai, I'm happy. But we're not Wycombe; if it's true that he was behind the decision for the women he'll immediately be on the back foot. Fans have stated that they want us to be "sustainable", but I don't think they're ready for what that really means, especially if the academy has cuts too.

Definitely if you consider the hypothetical income we could have gained from the likes of Loader and Richards going for nothing and Olise going for below market value due to major incompetence with the ownership, the academy has been very successful.

Whilst I take your point for the 4,654,564,622nd time - Olise would never, ever, ever have played for Reading FC if we didn't agree to the contract and the relevant clauses. So we made 8m (soon to potentially be about 12m) for a player who would otherwise have been shifted off to another club if we hadn't accepted.

That would have been incompetence on a grand scale.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jul 2024 11:58

Stranded
tidus_mi2
Stranded

Whilst I take your point for the 4,654,564,622nd time - Olise would never, ever, ever have played for Reading FC if we didn't agree to the contract and the relevant clauses. So we made 8m (soon to potentially be about 12m) for a player who would otherwise have been shifted off to another club if we hadn't accepted.

That would have been incompetence on a grand scale.

Damn you're annoying.

Who's to say we wouldn't have been able to negotiate a higher release clause in exchange for higher wages? Certainly seems Palace were able to do something similar.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jul 2024 12:00

It comes back to ambition though. L1 academy products are worth less than those with Championship experience, and would Olise have joined us in L1? I'm not convinced the academy pays for itself at this level, we probably need to be in the Championship for that to be an effective strategy. Will the Couhigs be willing to take a bet on achieving that?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jul 2024 12:29

WestYorksRoyal It comes back to ambition though. L1 academy products are worth less than those with Championship experience, and would Olise have joined us in L1? I'm not convinced the academy pays for itself at this level, we probably need to be in the Championship for that to be an effective strategy. Will the Couhigs be willing to take a bet on achieving that?

It would definitely be an understandable stance if funding were reduced to the academy while we're in League One, although I'm not sure how many of the fanbase would be accepting of it.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Jul 2024 12:33

tidus_mi2
WestYorksRoyal It comes back to ambition though. L1 academy products are worth less than those with Championship experience, and would Olise have joined us in L1? I'm not convinced the academy pays for itself at this level, we probably need to be in the Championship for that to be an effective strategy. Will the Couhigs be willing to take a bet on achieving that?

It would definitely be an understandable stance if funding were reduced to the academy while we're in League One, although I'm not sure how many of the fanbase would be accepting of it.

But that would probably mean the academy no longer meets the criteria for Category One (number of coaches, player to coach ratios, etc) which would severely hamper the ability to retain and keep promising young players. And those who did leave would leave with poorer compensation to the academy.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jul 2024 12:34

tidus_mi2

If it gets the idiot out of the club any quicker I'd be more than happy to "lose" the Academy for a year or two.

3930 posts