Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 28 May 2014 09:58

winchester_royal
maffff So nearly £1m over two years between the two. I'm sure they'll receive some sort of golden handshake if Burman takes over.

It's not a huge amount of money in the grand scheme of things is it really... If Burman is genuinely serious about putting money in and has the capital to fund such investment then there's no reason for this to be a deal breaker. Just let the silly old twat drink himself silly in the director's box for a couple of years then chuck him out.

^ This in the literal sense. I'm sure someone happily sneak in and give him a nudge over the side once he's had too many Sherries. :twisted:

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 May 2014 09:59

Interesting leaking of this information at this stage. I notice no details of other Director remuneration was cited.

Deflection strategy to keep the fans placated and pro SJM.....

The amount of money in the game means parasites and hangers on are always going to find their way into the Trough

Lets hope the new lot can build a competitive playing staff, the rest isnt worth getting stressed over...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 May 2014 10:03

The wages Obolensky and Samuelson are on! You utter c*nts. Get out of our club!! And bollocks to TSI demanding they both stay on.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 May 2014 10:04

SPARTA The wages Obolensky and Samuelson are on! You utter c*nts. Get out of our club!! And bollocks to TSI demanding they both stay on.

They are TSI.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 28 May 2014 10:04

Linden Jones' Tash Interesting leaking of this information at this stage. I notice no details of other Director remuneration was cited.

The amount of money in the game means parasites and hangers on are always going to find their way into the Trough

Lets hope the new lot can build a competitive playing staff, the rest isnt worth getting stressed over...

I can understand Hammond and Howe having a wage, they work for the club and have a role.
Even Samuelson, he's actively around.

What does Oblensky do though?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 May 2014 10:07

ZacNaloen
Linden Jones' Tash Interesting leaking of this information at this stage. I notice no details of other Director remuneration was cited.

I can understand Hammond and Howe having a wage, they work for the club and have a role.
Even Samuelson, he's actively around.

What does Oblensky do though?

It's standard for company directors to be paid. Why would they do it otherwise. He probably does nothing apart from attend board meetings and raise his hand when told, pretty good money for that. I doubt Ian Wood-Smith does the job for nothing either.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 May 2014 10:07

winchester_royal
SPARTA The wages Obolensky and Samuelson are on! You utter c*nts. Get out of our club!! And bollocks to TSI demanding they both stay on.

They are TSI.

I know.. but TSI isn't just two people. They're parasites looking after number one and fcuk the club.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 28 May 2014 10:08

Nameless
CayeneMatt So Samuelson is vetting prospective buyers - and they must retain him at 40K a week for 2 years. I heard our wage bill was bad but......

Don't be silly, that's a monthly rate ! Seems like good value given what they do for the club.

Doh. Getting blinded by all the bullshlt. :lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 28 May 2014 10:10

SPARTA
winchester_royal

They are TSI.

I know.. but TSI isn't just two people. They're parasites looking after number one and fcuk the club.

It's four. CS, AO, AZ, and John Samuelson. With AZ owning 100%.

Well at least that's how it used to be, not sure what the set up is after AZ apparently gave his shares back in the club, but if 'TSI' still exert influence then it's no surprise that two of the main directors are unwilling to forego a 240k annual salary.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 May 2014 10:12

Linden Jones' Tash

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 28 May 2014 10:13

Just to flag that I think Charles Watts must be being well briefed by Burmans people. i can understand why - they are essentially the outsiders of the two bids and therefore need a mediuam to set out their position as they have nothing to lose being the less favoured bid. But I think its also important that we recognise that its in Burmans interest to brief Watts and therefore that bid is going to reported in a positive light. it may well be the better bid... but we only have a partial story at present.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 28 May 2014 10:18

Only one Trevor Morley Just to flag that I think Charles Watts must be being well briefed by Burmans people. i can understand why - they are essentially the outsiders of the two bids and therefore need a mediuam to set out their position as they have nothing to lose being the less favoured bid. But I think its also important that we recognise that its in Burmans interest to brief Watts and therefore that bid is going to reported in a positive light. it may well be the better bid... but we only have a partial story at present.

This is what I was thinking tbh. The club are never this open when it comes to sensitive dealings, and there's absolutely no mention of details with regard to Sagi's bid.

As always it's important to take media reports with a large pinch of seasoning, we still don't know who would be the better owner in the long run, but as Zac said I just can't understand what Obolensky has ever done to earn his money.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 May 2014 10:22

winchester_royal Samuelson and Obelensky apparently both earning 20k a month. :|

£250k a year for a Director (if they're actually doing the job) of a business like RFC isn't over the top though is it?

Do we need them? Possibly not no, but Director pay went up from £117k in 2012 to £517k in 2013 so it sounds about right. Without know what they're doing it's hard to say if its wrong or not.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 May 2014 10:23

Why the fook would anyone want to keep CS and AO on the board - what have they done for this club so far? They should walk imo - and if they only want Sagi because he's willing to keep them on (to do what exactly, by the way), then they are in it purely for the money, not for the good of this club. Their combined £40k a month could go some way to paying the wage of an upcoming player into the club or a couple of the U21s who could come into the first team.

Absolute shit houses the pair of them. :evil: :x

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 28 May 2014 10:25

Of course it's absurd, Samuelson lives in Switzerland! Its only a few hours work a year and when here do you think these two do anything other than plot ways of rinsing the club? It's as much as some players in our league earn! Hard to know how true it is but it was always obvious someone of the ilk of Samuelson was trouble. I don't know how people like that sleep at night, spending your life chasing murky dodgy money. Definitely the Israeli guy sounds like more of the same if he's happy with the them, I'm right behind Burman now!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 May 2014 10:26

What has Samuelson done to earn his money?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 28 May 2014 10:28

Tbf to Samuelson he is often seen at youth team games and what not so at least he takes an interest. Plus by the sounds of it he's been quite influential in the search for a new buyer.

I do object to him holding new investors to ransom over his future though.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 28 May 2014 10:30

Nameless
It's standard for company directors to be paid. Why would they do it otherwise. He probably does nothing apart from attend board meetings and raise his hand when told, pretty good money for that. I doubt Ian Wood-Smith does the job for nothing either.

Until TSI came along the directors remuneration was nil in the accounts so he used to.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 May 2014 10:32

However this thing over retaining the services of MTI for "consultancy" for a 2 year minimum certainly looks like it's stopped other buyers from taking their interest further.

Would like to see something on the pro-Teddy bid though, especially as regards the proposed plans to build a shopping mall/hotel "extension" on the Mad Stad car park (I am presuming that the dome would also be knocked down and moved to the training facilities to make more room for these plans allowing for a good size car park for park and ride to remain.)

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 28 May 2014 10:44

Z175 Of course it's absurd, Samuelson lives in Switzerland! Its only a few hours work a year and when here do you think these two do anything other than plot ways of rinsing the club? It's as much as some players in our league earn! Hard to know how true it is but it was always obvious someone of the ilk of Samuelson was trouble. I don't know how people like that sleep at night, spending your life chasing murky dodgy money. Definitely the Israeli guy sounds like more of the same if he's happy with the them, I'm right behind Burman now!

Samuelson has a flat in Reading and is at the stadium most days.

8684 posts