GYLFI!!!!!!!!!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: GYLFI!!!!!!!!!

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Aug 2010 21:19

£5m bid i think will see us accept and sell. Hope whoever comes in for him agrees to loan him to us for the remainder of season

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 12 Aug 2010 21:40

LoyalRoyal22
loyalroyaldaz Dont sell him for anything less than £15 million. Does anyone seriously believe that the chairman would allow more than half the money go back into the squad ?
My bet is most of the dosh would end up in the bank for a rainy day or to repay some loan somewhere !
If Bmc ended up with £5m to spend he couldnt replace The Sig and solve our defensive issues with that.
I would like to know why we werent back in for Betrand .

We wouldnt get anything near 15 million for him if we sold him this transfer window. Anywhere between 5-6.5 million would be more realistic.

That is my point entirely. Unless he went for around £15M then by the time the club have skimmed off some for repayments, some for wages etc then Bmc would be left oxf*rd all to strengthen up again.
Sell him for £5m and Bmc can kiss it goodbye altogether !

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 12 Aug 2010 22:14

To be honest if the rumours on here of a £5m relaease clause are true then any talk of a transfer fee over £5m is just wasted breathe. He's probably worth over that now because of his potential, so selling him would be a real shame. As someone else suggested Walcott went to Arsenal for £12m, admittedly this comprised of numerous bonus payments, but it was a high fee nonetheless.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Aug 2010 22:56

ScottishRoyal To be honest if the rumours on here of a £5m relaease clause are true then any talk of a transfer fee over £5m is just wasted breathe. He's probably worth over that now because of his potential, so selling him would be a real shame. As someone else suggested Walcott went to Arsenal for £12m, admittedly this comprised of numerous bonus payments, but it was a high fee nonetheless.

It was high, was good business for Southampton, but more importantly was what, 5 years ago now? There isn't quite as much money about these days.

Agree with the plaudits on this thread though. It's great to see a proper footballer and not just an athlete with just flashes of ability coming to the fore, and I'll be gutted if we don't get another season out of him before he takes the next step up.

peeping bernal

by peeping bernal » 12 Aug 2010 23:15

He is showing real talent and is very much like David Beckham at a simlar age. The most talented and gifted player I have seen play for Reading in my 25+ years watching them. It is just that he is at Reading we do not hear more about him, if he was at one of the big clubs then there would be so much more hype about the kid.
He needs at least one more season at Reading to get match minutes under his belt then if he performs as he has so far he will be off to a big club for a great future.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Aug 2010 00:11

Hoop Blah
ScottishRoyal To be honest if the rumours on here of a £5m relaease clause are true then any talk of a transfer fee over £5m is just wasted breathe. He's probably worth over that now because of his potential, so selling him would be a real shame. As someone else suggested Walcott went to Arsenal for £12m, admittedly this comprised of numerous bonus payments, but it was a high fee nonetheless.

It was high, was good business for Southampton, but more importantly was what, 5 years ago now? There isn't quite as much money about these days.

Agree with the plaudits on this thread though. It's great to see a proper footballer and not just an athlete with just flashes of ability coming to the fore, and I'll be gutted if we don't get another season out of him before he takes the next step up.

spot on, the problem with English football encapsulated by sunderlands chief scout who said - we look for 6 ft plus players with power and pace - no mention there of vision, technical ability, passing etc...unsurprising then that the one player at rfc is from Iceland.

Anyway don't leave us, you're mint.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Aug 2010 09:17

And some time before the current recession started to bite.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 13 Aug 2010 09:46

Is Gylfi among the best players in the division?

The Guardian:...They boast arguably the best player in the division in the shape of Gylfi Sigurdsson. The play-offs, though, will probably be the most realistic target.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/foot ... ue-preview

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Aug 2010 10:22

leon
Hoop Blah It was high, was good business for Southampton, but more importantly was what, 5 years ago now? There isn't quite as much money about these days.

spot on, the problem with English football encapsulated by sunderlands chief scout who said - we look for 6 ft plus players with power and pace - no mention there of vision, technical ability, passing etc...unsurprising then that the one player at rfc is from Iceland.

Anyway don't leave us, you're mint.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.