Mikele Leigertwood

830 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Mikele Leigertwood

by Hoop Blah » 22 Nov 2010 13:19

Snowball This season he's competing with people like Taraabt and Faurlin and has played 1 (9) so he's not unfit

but he started 44 (1) games last season, so must be reasonably solid.

40 Appearances in the Championship last season

Must admit I'd never heard or noticed the name before today.

Having seen this post and a few of your others recently about things you've seen or not seen I can totally see why you have to rely so heavily on stats and don't trust what other people see with their eyes.

Snowball...should've gone to specsavers!

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 22 Nov 2010 13:21

Snowball Must admit I'd never heard or noticed the name before today.

:|

Satisfied with this loan signing. Once again, I'm not sure who people think we're likely to bring in on loan so as to be really disappointed with this type of player.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Nov 2010 13:23

Hoop Blah
Snowball This season he's competing with people like Taraabt and Faurlin and has played 1 (9) so he's not unfit

but he started 44 (1) games last season, so must be reasonably solid.

40 Appearances in the Championship last season

Must admit I'd never heard or noticed the name before today.

Having seen this post and a few of your others recently about things you've seen or not seen I can totally see why you have to rely so heavily on stats and don't trust what other people see with their eyes.

Snowball...should've gone to specsavers!

tbf snowballs point about mistrusting your own eyes is just about his most interesting, telling, relevant and proven point of all of them.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 22 Nov 2010 13:24

What's the point in releasing Karacan when the lad is a defensive midfielder and should be staying in that position?! My hope is that Howard is off and this is a replacement. We are crying out for a Gylfi replacement/ some who can create something.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 22 Nov 2010 13:24

Could be just me, but I think that Brian's had enough of Brian (Howard).

Whilst not a direct replacement, it gives either Tabb or Karacan greater license to get forward, whilst Mikele sits.

Maybe...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Nov 2010 13:26

Jeffers217 What's the point in releasing Karacan when the lad is a defensive midfielder and should be staying in that position?! My hope is that Howard is off and this is a replacement. We are crying out for a Gylfi replacement/ some who can create something.

karacan is as box to box as they come in his natural game.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 22 Nov 2010 13:30

brendywendy
Jeffers217 What's the point in releasing Karacan when the lad is a defensive midfielder and should be staying in that position?! My hope is that Howard is off and this is a replacement. We are crying out for a Gylfi replacement/ some who can create something.

I agree he's becoming more like that, I've always rated him as our best central midfielder at the club for a while, now I am laughing at those who said he was crap! He's the closest player to Sidwell. However I still see him as more defensive rather than attacking and thus we need an attacking midfielder, and someone to score especially as realistically those strikers are not going to get you enough goals

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 22 Nov 2010 13:30

Agent Balti Could be just me, but I think that Brian's had enough of Brian (Howard).

Whilst not a direct replacement, it gives either Tabb or Karacan greater license to get forward, whilst Mikele sits.

Maybe...

I'm in agreement with you sir.

Anyone know why Howard wasn't even in the squad at Watford? I wasn't aware of any injury

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 22 Nov 2010 13:33

I've a feeling that this signing is a replacement for Bryn, with us probably signing him permanantly in Jan.

I reckon at the beginning of the season BMc had plans for Bryn, but injuries/fatigue etc may have restricted him, this should shore things up. Still want this poxy striker though!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Nov 2010 13:34

Big Foot
Agent Balti Could be just me, but I think that Brian's had enough of Brian (Howard).

Maybe...

I'm in agreement with you sir.

Anyone know why Howard wasn't even in the squad at Watford? I wasn't aware of any injury

Because he is shit. HTH

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Nov 2010 13:35

brendywendy tbf snowballs point about mistrusting your own eyes is just about his most interesting, telling, relevant and proven point of all of them.

And I don't disagree with it either. Perception and recall obviously differ massively from the reality in many cases but some people obviously have a better view of what's going on than others.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 22 Nov 2010 13:36

cmonurz Wiki lists him as a defensive midfielder. One of those players who seems to have been around for ages without really doing much.

Clearly signed with something in mind, just confused as to what.

Brian McDs personal gimp.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Nov 2010 13:40

Jeffers217
brendywendy

I agree he's becoming more like that, I've always rated him as our best central midfielder at the club for a while, now I am laughing at those who said he was crap! He's the closest player to Sidwell. However I still see him as more defensive rather than attacking and thus we need an attacking midfielder, and someone to score especially as realistically those strikers are not going to get you enough goals

Having watched him a fair bit for the reserves I'd agree with brendy, he is, and has always been a box to box energetic midfielder. That is exactly what Sidwell was too, although he had that knack of being able to get into scoring positions that Karacan doesn't really have in his game. He's not a good enough passer (again like Sidwell) to do be a properly creative midfielder either.

He is a useful player though, just not one to be sitting deep in this defensive midfield role that's become all the rage the last 5 years or so.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Nov 2010 13:45

Wycombe Royal Reading Fans: We need to sign a striker.

The Club: We've signed a defensive midfielder.......

Reading Fans: Joke of a signing.

PREDICTABLE. :roll:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Nov 2010 13:59

Steady Championship player. Was it what Reading needed? Probably not.

They've got 3 or 4 guys that play his type of role in the side, unless he's maybe going to bring some cover in at centre half?

Centre forward is the position they are desperate for, still nothing.

Reading could be in the top 4 right now, the last 3 games that have been drawn would all have been won if a decent centre forward had been on the end of the chances created, as it is they are 11th. That's where they will stay unless they bring in a regular scorer.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Nov 2010 14:06

Alan Partridge Steady Championship player. Was it what Reading needed? Probably not.

They've got 3 or 4 guys that play his type of role in the side, unless he's maybe going to bring some cover in at centre half?

Centre forward is the position they are desperate for, still nothing. Reading could be in the top 4 right now, the last 3 games that have been drawn would all have been won if a decent centre forward had been on the end of the chances created, as it is they are 11th. That's where they will stay unless they bring in a regular scorer.

OR

if they had stopped the Watford header, or if they hadn't had the joke "back-pass" v Norwich, or if they'd stopped Bothroyd having a shot...

The reality is we are converting chances MORE OFTEN than the 18 clubs we have played and we're top-scorers in the league for the last 6 games.

Therefore we have a problem with the defence.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Nov 2010 14:09

The general consensus I have got from Sheff Utd, Palace and QPR fans is that he is very good at tackling. But not much else. His passing is mediocre at best and he goes missing for long periods of games.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 22 Nov 2010 14:12

this could be our best signing since Robert Codner

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Nov 2010 14:34

Wycombe Royal The general consensus I have got from Sheff Utd, Palace and QPR fans is that he is very good at tackling. But not much else. His passing is mediocre at best and he goes missing for long periods of games.

Sounds like a poorer version of Khaliffe Cisse.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Nov 2010 14:37

andrew1957
Wycombe Royal The general consensus I have got from Sheff Utd, Palace and QPR fans is that he is very good at tackling. But not much else. His passing is mediocre at best and he goes missing for long periods of games.

Sounds like a poorer version of Khaliffe Cisse.

Cisse went to save us Premiership wages. We probably have this guy on half-wages, Championship money?

830 posts