Ive always rated Shane Long

strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ive always rated Shane Long

by strap » 10 Jan 2011 10:15

"Reading striker Shane Long is staying grounded over rumours of a Premier League move.

West Ham United are preparing a £3million bid for 11-goal hitman Shane Long, who gaffer Brian McDermott insists is staying - despite already having a bid for Plymouth's Bradley Wright-Phillips accepted. "

If this is true from TribalFootball (highly unlikely but there you go), Mr Mad will bite The Shams arm off for £3M for Shane Long. 100k for BWP is EXACTLY the kind of deal to be expected in this situation. GS = £7M IN - 150k spent, SL £3M IN - 100k spent. Mr Mad must be creaming himself.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Jan 2011 10:48

i bet you it doesnt happen though

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Jan 2011 10:54

Apparently we always sell, so it should happen surely!!!

Keep me posted will ya!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Jan 2011 10:57

strap Mr Mad will bite The Shams arm off for £3M for Shane Long. .

As would I, strap. As would I.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Jan 2011 11:00

Apparently he has no choice, we always sell when clubs are interested.

It's a done deal!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Jan 2011 11:03

£3 Million for Long in this window would be seriously stupid business. RFC would be chumps

With BWP in, Elwood, and maybe Cox on loan we will make the play-offs at worst, could even pinch an automatic and thus make FIFTY Million.

And if we fail in the P-Os and we DID have to sell, chances are we could get £4-5M in the summer anyway

Add to that the sense of disappointment when suddenly we had a scary front two
only to lose it within a week. If that didn't cost 1,000 off the gate for the rest
of the season (as opposed to 2-3 thousand ON the gate) I'd be surprised.

3,500 difference at £20 a go = 70K x 10 and that's 700,000 of your 3 Million gone.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 Jan 2011 11:05

If £3m was to be invested back in the squad, and if we can identify and secure targets, and when you consider we are supposedly getting BWP for £300k, we should bite West Ham's arm off should they indeed offer £3m for Long.

But I'd wager less than a million would be reinvested in players, owing to money not being made available, or us being unable to buy who we want to. On that basis, we won't get a like for like (or better) replacement for Long, so no deal.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Jan 2011 11:06

dont worry, not happening.

shlongs clearly one of the best strikers in the division, and we'd need to spend most of that cash to get a decent enough replacement.

no brainer.

when he doesnt go i fully expect the people insisting it will happen never to mention it again

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Jan 2011 11:14

Wrong, if a club wants a player - we always sell.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Jan 2011 11:29

@SkySportsbucko:
West Ham United are continuing their search for new signings and the Daily Mail claims Avram Grant is lining up a £2.5million for Odense striker Peter Utaka.

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 10 Jan 2011 11:33

Even if a bid was accepted, Shane would have to agree to leave for it to happen. He's already stated that he does not want to leave.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Jan 2011 11:34

Woodcote Royal Long will always be cr@p when viewed through Nicky Forster's anus.

Just like Andy Hughes is the greatest player ever and if you, Pardew and Coppell can see it why can't everyone else? But isn't Coppell the grand old duke of york who knows nothing? So does his opinion count or not?
Last edited by sandman on 10 Jan 2011 11:39, edited 2 times in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Jan 2011 11:36

looked ok when coming on for leeds in the cup at the weekend :lol:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Jan 2011 11:41

Adz1871 Even if a bid was accepted, Shane would have to agree to leave for it to happen. He's already stated that he does not want to leave.

If it happens it happens, not gonna worry. Long will go if he is offered the chance, he would be a bloody fool to turn down the money, only way RFC could keep him would be to pay him more, and the last few times we did that Hunt and Doyle, it didnt work out.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Jan 2011 11:46

disagree- think long wouldnt go to a team who is likely to be relegated in the summer. what would be the point. for just 3/4 months prem experience and wages.

plus he is brians love child.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2011 17:45

cmonurz If £3m was to be invested back in the squad, and if we can identify and secure targets, and when you consider we are supposedly getting BWP for £300k, we should bite West Ham's arm off should they indeed offer £3m for Long.

But I'd wager less than a million would be reinvested in players, owing to money not being made available, or us being unable to buy who we want to. On that basis, we won't get a like for like (or better) replacement for Long, so no deal.

Has Austin gone yet? I'd take £3m for Long and be happy to spend half of it on Austin, leaving a tidy profit and everyone but snowball reasonably happy. £3m would be daylight robbery on our part.

He might consider himself good enough to keep them up Brendy, and if he puts in the sort of performances he ought to believe himself capable of then he'd presumably be reasonably confident of another move to a Prem club or to bounce back up... probably more chance than us getting promoted in the next season and a half.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Jan 2011 18:10

Good to see Ian (I promise not to take swipes at Snowball) talking his usual bollocks.

Church (allegedly) even while showing poor form is "at least 1M"

Shane is a proven CCC player, still only 23 years old, who has also scored 11 goals against premiership opposition, and 5 international goals in 500 minutes.

Played well he is becoming almost unplayable and as well as his 13 goals already this season he's won two more penalties, numerous free-kicks
(because he's so hard to stop legally) and has had three players sent off. His assist count is good too.

If he continues his form for this season he will command a similar transfer fee to Doyle. His goals per minutes played is better than Doyle

3 Million is about half what we can probably get for him

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Jan 2011 19:50

Snowball Good to see Ian (I promise not to take swipes at Snowball) talking his usual bollocks.

Church (allegedly) even while showing poor form is "at least 1M"

Shane is a proven CCC player, still only 23 years old, who has also scored 11 goals against premiership opposition, and 5 international goals in 500 minutes.

Played well he is becoming almost unplayable and as well as his 13 goals already this season he's won two more penalties, numerous free-kicks
(because he's so hard to stop legally) and has had three players sent off. His assist count is good too.

If he continues his form for this season he will command a similar transfer fee to Doyle. His goals per minutes played is better than Doyle

3 Million is about half what we can probably get for him

Blimey Snowball we used to think that Pardew was big on hype but you make him look like an amateur.
People are talking of the best striker in this division Bothroyd going for about £2million and Billy Sharp cost less than £1million so for us to get £3million for Long would be almost as difficult to turn down as £7 million for Gylfi.
There is no way Long would get the many chances that he gets at this level in the Premier League and he just has not been clinical enough over a long enough period to be useful to anybody other than a desperate team like West Ham.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2011 20:07

I see I'm being slandered and misquoted again with no provocation. :roll:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Jan 2011 20:15

sandman
Woodcote Royal Long will always be cr@p when viewed through Nicky Forster's anus.

Just like Andy Hughes is the greatest player ever and if you, Pardew and Coppell can see it why can't everyone else? But isn't Coppell the grand old duke of york who knows nothing? So does his opinion count or not?

There I was referring to those who view others through the backside of their moderately talented hero and up pops an expert at talking through his own.