Cardiff in the play offs then

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Cardiff fans

by PEARCEY » 08 May 2011 17:11

I post on their board quite a lot. Friendly bunch and they haven't given me a hard time being a Reading supporter.
They are not particularly optimistic in general about promotion and a lot are unhappy Dave Jones is their manager.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 08 May 2011 17:29

I thought their site was OK and quite funny. I liked the thread about 19 Cardiff fans not being let into Burnley on counter-terrorism suspicions.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 08 May 2011 17:32

PEARCEY I post on their board quite a lot. Friendly bunch and they haven't given me a hard time being a Reading supporter.
They are not particularly optimistic in general about promotion and a lot are unhappy Dave Jones is their manager.

Yer I read your replies on their, none of them were overly rude but not many seem to think we're an obstacle on way to the final.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Cardiff boss Jones let down by players (BBC)

by The Cap » 08 May 2011 17:50

"4-4-2 or 4-4-3 is not so important. This game will not be settled by the line ups, it will be decided by the courage of the players, their character and personality. The biggest problem for both teams is fear. We can't lose energy from being afraid. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself".

Words spoken by Ancelotti that the players would do well to heed prior to the forthcoming games.

heathrow royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: As seen on Soccer AM and somewhere between Heathrow and Southampton airport!!!

by heathrow royal » 08 May 2011 17:51

The Real Sandhurst Royal Dave Jones and Billy Davis are always complaining about something let's hope neither of their teams make the championship play off final.

I agree with this statement

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 08 May 2011 17:54

Hampshire Royal I thought their site was OK and quite funny. I liked the thread about 19 Cardiff fans not being let into Burnley on counter-terrorism suspicions.

The service in the concourse is terrible so fair play.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 May 2011 18:06

The Cap "4-4-2 or 4-4-3 is not so important.

I would really like us to play 4-4-3 but will we get away with it?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 May 2011 18:09

andrew1957
The Cap "4-4-2 or 4-4-3 is not so important.

I would really like us to play 4-4-3 but will we get away with it?

Just don't tell the referee.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 May 2011 18:11

skipper
westendgirl
Z175 "You've got teams that have spent a lot of money that aren't anywhere near it.

Cardiff obviously haven't spent a lot of money lately then :D

That's the one point that stood out for me too! Who else in the league has spent loads?

The likes of Hull, Bristol City, Leicester and 'Boro all have relatively costly squads but haven't got close to where they'd have hoped to be this season, ie challenging for the play offs at least.

Cardiff are THE big spenders yes, but there are other sides who've invested pretty big bit come up short.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 08 May 2011 18:44

They can't buy tickets in the home end.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 08 May 2011 18:49

LoyalRoyalFan They can't buy tickets in the home end.

If you read some posts they appear to think differently

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 May 2011 18:52

fester_royal
LoyalRoyalFan They can't buy tickets in the home end.

If you read some posts they appear to think differently

They would need to be members of Reading FC for a start.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 08 May 2011 18:58

Well if they read this, they were lucky twice against us this season and we should have beaten them twice. Goal never crossed the line at our place and scoring an equaliser that was at least 2 minutes after the amount of injury time given at theirs - laughable. Morally, we've beaten them twice this season already so not sure why they are so confident. Anything can happen in the play-offs as has been seen.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 08 May 2011 21:42

fester_royal Cardiff fans planning to sit in the home end!!

Unless they have members cards from previous games they wont get a ticket.

New members are not allowed to purchase tickets.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 May 2011 21:47

I'm tempted to start a rumour that Man City are re-calling Bellamy and he can't play for Cardiff in the play offs! They all seem to be relying on him to motivate the other players and single handedly win the games for them!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 08 May 2011 21:48

Royal Lady I'm tempted to start a rumour that Man City are re-calling Bellamy and he can't play for Cardiff in the play offs! They all seem to be relying on him to motivate the other players and single handedly win the games for them!

Why would they fall for that? He can't be recalled. :|

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 May 2011 21:57

Z175 ones hit out at those who criticised the team for failing to win automatic promotion, saying pundits should laud the Bluebirds for again being in contention for promotion and describing their attitude as "unbelievable". He added: "It's another fantastic achievement for this club to get to the play-offs. Three of the teams that got relegated [last season] aren't anywhere near it. "You've got teams that have spent a lot of money that aren't anywhere near it. It's still a good achievement and I've never known such disappointment in my life at some of the things that are being said of late. "

Yes, amazing achievement for you, Dave. Finishing 4th with an astronomical wage bill - how much have you been paying Bellamy? - after years of the club running itself into the ground financially. Well done, you shifty tw@t of a man.

If there is any justice, we will smash Cardiff and make their fans suffer for their antics on visits to Elm Park and the Madj over the years ('98 cup tie, the tearing up of seats after AFed's equaliser). And strike a bit of summary justice for the disgraceful FAW non-punishment, ramming Jones's subsequent words after that shambles of a verdict. We also owe Jones for Wolves rather fortunate play-off victory over us over two legs in 02/03. Trouble is, this is football and justice is rarely meted out in such a way.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 08 May 2011 23:36

PEARCEY I post on their board quite a lot. Friendly bunch and they haven't given me a hard time being a Reading supporter.

Cardiff are family club of the year thanks to Dave Jones.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Cardiff in the play offs then

by Mr Angry » 09 May 2011 10:25

Svlad Cjelli When we lost to Burnley in 2009 we'd had a season chasing second place, and we failed miserably and came 4th - so no wonder we bottled it when we came to the semi-final, when we played an unfancied team who'd been out of the play-off places for most of the season.

Spot the parallels - psychologically we're in the best possible situation there is.

Agreed 100%

Add to that the play-offs are cup games.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Cardiff in the play offs then

by loyalroyal4life » 09 May 2011 11:17

Looks like Mark Hudson might be out for them