When will your pain stop?

174 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: When will your pain stop?

by John Madejski's Wallet » 31 May 2011 13:12

TBM I was tempted to watch the football league show just to get it out of my system

I watched it, good job you missed it.

Mark Bright is a c*nt in his anti-Reading commentary, just as he was in the Cardiff match :evil:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 May 2011 13:15

North Somerset Royal It hurt when Jem hit the post & then we gave away the ridiculous pen but nowhere near as much as Archie missing the pen at 2-0 up & then letting Bolton back in. Since then i always expect the worst!

For me it started when Reading were top of Div 3 in Feb 1970 and bottled it to finish 8th!

The start of things to come........................... :roll:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 31 May 2011 13:16

Emotionally drained by it all. At halftime I was resigned to losing so was emotionally detached. Stood with gf and bf (badger finger) having a beer in the concourse, didn't want to go back in. We scored as we were there, went back in, went mental when we scored. After game just drained, made some jokes, then was shattered. Feeling pretty down now, still haven't got up.

Take me a couple of days to recover I reckon.

Really enjoyed it though, what an occasion! Urrzzzz!

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 31 May 2011 13:26

Gordons Cumming
North Somerset Royal It hurt when Jem hit the post & then we gave away the ridiculous pen but nowhere near as much as Archie missing the pen at 2-0 up & then letting Bolton back in. Since then i always expect the worst!

For me it started when Reading were top of Div 3 in Feb 1970 and bottled it to finish 8th!

The start of things to come........................... :roll:

Yes & to make matters worse we were relegated the following year after Terry Bells back headed OG. Never been easy.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 31 May 2011 13:39

North Somerset Royal For me it started when Reading were top of Div 3 in Feb 1970 and bottled it to finish 8th!

Serial bottle-jobs. 3 play off final losses. 2 up at half time in an FA Cup QF last season, we lost 2-4. A billion points clear at the top in 01/02, we sneaked second place with a late, nervy draw on the last day. Missed out on play offs with dreary last day defeats in successive seasons under Coppell. Finished fourth in a three-horse race in 08/09. I am sure we could go on and on with this list.

Next time someone tells me not to be negative about RFC I might punch them in the face.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 31 May 2011 13:43

Don't be negative about RFC Floyd m8.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 31 May 2011 13:44

floyd__streete
North Somerset Royal For me it started when Reading were top of Div 3 in Feb 1970 and bottled it to finish 8th!

Serial bottle-jobs. 3 play off final losses. 2 up at half time in an FA Cup QF last season, we lost 2-4. A billion points clear at the top in 01/02, we sneaked second place with a late, nervy draw on the last day. Missed out on play offs with dreary last day defeats in successive seasons under Coppell. Finished fourth in a three-horse race in 08/09. I am sure we could go on and on with this list.

Next time someone tells me not to be negative about RFC I might punch them in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUkCHOpzpX0

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 31 May 2011 13:52

I only enjoy watching Reading play through serious beer goggles, yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmkW4gV- ... ideo_title

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 31 May 2011 16:16

I am already over it...for the most part. I will never forget but I won't dwell on it. But then again I am well seasoned in dealing with heartbreak having grown up a Red Sox fan and having to endure 42 years of those 86 years of continual heartbreak. So i'm used to dealing with this kinda thing, unfortunately. Already looking forward to next season and putting this thing right... :twisted:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 31 May 2011 16:22

floyd__streete

Agreed, I think we now have the worst play-off record of all time in the history of English football. 0/5 - is it even possible to be that bad?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 May 2011 16:25

floyd__streete

I'll hold them still for you....

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 31 May 2011 16:25

That's glass half empty stuff really, there are four teams in play off compeitions so a one in four chance of winning, so we're not that far beyond par. We've also won the championship before and established ourselves as a championship team.

And who can forget the glory of the Simod cup?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 31 May 2011 16:26

John Madejski's Wallet
TBM I was tempted to watch the football league show just to get it out of my system

I watched it, good job you missed it.

Mark Bright is a c*nt in his anti-Reading commentary, just as he was in the Cardiff match :evil:

Yup, I've added Mark Bright to my hated list

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 31 May 2011 16:34

TBM For me, once i can go on the BBC website and not see videos/pictures/reports/quotes about the game i will then start to feel better and look forward to next season.

I was tempted to watch the football league show just to get it out of my system, but i cant bring myself to watch/read anything about the game.

I watched the FLS last night to get some closure.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 May 2011 16:36

Did we sound loud when Mills scored?......certainly did in the stadium

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 31 May 2011 16:40

LoyalRoyal22
TBM For me, once i can go on the BBC website and not see videos/pictures/reports/quotes about the game i will then start to feel better and look forward to next season.

I was tempted to watch the football league show just to get it out of my system, but i cant bring myself to watch/read anything about the game.

I watched the FLS last night to get some closure.

I did too, but couldn't bare to watch the post match interviews. Just didn't want to hear Brendan's voice.

Why all the BS anti-Reading commentary though?

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 31 May 2011 16:41

I woke up today, and it was the first thing I thought about, pretty sad really but ugh.

My old man always buys a paper, and it so happened to be sport faced up... It's on the radio, it's on TV, it's on people's Facebook statuses who don't give a fuck about football.

Gonna be a long few months, have never wanted a football season to start so badly, just want to fucking forget yesterday.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 31 May 2011 17:33

I'm down and not enjoying the defeat. It just doesn't 'burn' like '01 or make me feel sick like '95. '95 was awful because we were within touching distance with Archie's penalty. However I still find '01 the hardest to cope with. I doubt I'll ever be really over that defeat. We should never have been in the Play-Offs that year. We should not have thrown away the lead twice against an average Walsall side. The memory of Byfield charging towards our goal and everyone around me screaming for a tackle to be made still haunts me!! That drive back up the M4 was the longest trip of my life. Seeing the ten happy Walsall fans drive past in the taxi they came in was just torture. Yesterday I just felt we weren't going to come back from being behind. Even at 2-3, I was concerned at how easily they were scaring our defence without really trying. So, yes I'm still in pain.....but not like before. If we had been 2-0 and lost 4-2.....then I would be really upset :twisted: :cry: . At the moment I'm just :roll: bloody play-offs!!

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 31 May 2011 18:06

I feel worse today than I did yesterday. Ctainly not as gutted as 2001 or 1995 because we have been to the premiership before but it still sucks to lose at Wembley. The fact that we were never winning makes losing a bit easier but I wish we hadn't hit the post. I'd rather it went a mile wide than get that close to an amazing fight back.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 31 May 2011 18:08

I've been in my pit all day just listening to music. I suppose just getting back to work tomorrow will help so long as no one makes a crappy comment.

174 posts