Back from the game .... Peterboro

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game .... Peterboro

by leicsRoyal » 30 Nov 2011 10:47

melonhead
leicsRoyal
melonhead

Fed: great saves, maybe could have got across for their first, but the pst was covered by karacan- who was just too short to stop the header -7

what happened with the last goal? Not seen the highlights but sounded on commentary that Feds made a howler?

totally missed it looking at the table in the programme to see how close to th eplayoffs we would be......... :lol:

On the commentary it sounded like that's what Feds was doing as well.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 30 Nov 2011 10:56

Fererici started to come out, stopped, then came out again too late to stop the 'Boro player getting to the ball first and putting it past him.

I have no doubts if he'd either carryed on coming out when he started or just stayed put he'd have done better, but it was a massive lack of judgement that gave him the worst chance of all of stopping the goal.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 30 Nov 2011 11:20

Hunt did fcuk all, all game and didn't contribute anything. Church ran hard, made the first goal with the charge down, and didn't give fouls away. Yet you are all on his back? I wonder why. Church > Hunt after last night.

We were shite. We looked better with Jobi in midfield more than with Le Fondre up front. Also our fans are shit.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 30 Nov 2011 11:22

lowerwestjnr Hunt did fcuk all, all game and didn't contribute anything. Church ran hard, made the first goal with the charge down, and didn't give fouls away. Yet you are all on his back? I wonder why. Church > Hunt after last night.

We were shite. We looked better with Jobi in midfield more than with Le Fondre up front. Also our fans are shit.

apart from that, did you have a good night LWJ?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 Nov 2011 11:23

melonhead
Gordons Cumming Anyone see the guy with a beard in the North stand? Looked like he want to conduct the entire crowd (without much success I might add :wink: )

He and his mate were very animated...(Unusual for the North)

Maybe be they are East stand rejects..................?

turned up for one game, never seen him there before,probably there for a fiver and started mouthing off and swearing at everyone for the whole game
even came out at half time and started having a go at everyone for not singing, outside, during their fag break,
even came and had a go at our bus after the game, "why arent you oxf*rd singing?"

err, cos its the bus, and the game is over.........

he was the most entertaining thing in the game for the first hour though, ill give him that,
not in a good way though,

go and sit in the east stand if you want singing an cheering, thats not what we do in the north. :wink:
i gave up trying years ago, its pointless

Yea that would be my cousin. Very, very p*ssed up. I can assure you it was all just banter. I can also tell you he has been a supporter since EP days and had a ST in the north for a good few years.

Nearly got thrown out but the steward couldn't justify it as once told to stop swearing, he did.

People call him the gruff. He likes a mean feed.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Nov 2011 11:34

i enjoyed it m8- laughing at him was the only enjoyable thing for an hour!

i was actually wetting myself as he had a go during half time/at our bus.

thats actually how i feel in the northstand every week, but years of it has sucked all the fight out of me nowadays
you could do that all game, and literaly no one will join in
as he found out.....

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Nov 2011 11:45

Dreadful game, awful performance but win secured nonetheless. Not terribly hopful of getting any points from our next 3 games based on the last two performances.

McAnuff will be suspended for Blackpool though so expect HRK to start in an otherwise unchanged team.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 30 Nov 2011 11:46

I find our play at the moment all too predictable. We do the same things over and over again. Nothing different, same old tactics. No cutting edge up front. Why Le Fondre was on the bench is baffling to be perfectly honest.

Once again Federici is at fault. What was he doing for the 2nd goal? More evidence as to why he should dropped.

People always talk about experience with Ian Harte, but where was that experience with that awful back pass? :roll:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 30 Nov 2011 11:49

Ferris Anyone else notice how much Alex Pearce looks like the beast?

<3

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 30 Nov 2011 11:49

Peterborough a good side.

But their big banner, sponsored by a mob called Pisser??

IT'S POSH WE ARE :shock: Dreadful play on words.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 30 Nov 2011 11:52

leicsRoyal
lowerwestjnr Hunt did fcuk all, all game and didn't contribute anything. Church ran hard, made the first goal with the charge down, and didn't give fouls away. Yet you are all on his back? I wonder why. Church > Hunt after last night.

apart from that, did you have a good night LWJ?

Not really Leics :( Even my high score of 8 in the prediction league got beaten so i'm upset now ;)

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 30 Nov 2011 11:54

A reflection on the performance on the pitch.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 30 Nov 2011 12:11

On Another note, no way were there 500 Peterborough fans. From looking at their site they sold 200 on Monday afternoon!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 30 Nov 2011 12:25

LoyalRoyalFan
Once again Federici is at fault. What was he doing for the 2nd goal?
Making an error of judgement while trying to prevent a goal being scored.

More evidence as to why he should dropped.

No it isn't, unless you have a superhuman or extra-terrestrial alien who is faultless in mind?

People always talk about experience with Ian Harte, but where was that experience with that awful back pass?

Earth calling.

We are inhabited by human beings who aren't perfect all the time..

(Even the very best make errors sometimes. Harte is a human).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Nov 2011 12:28

Well that was one of the most turgid piles of shit I've sat through. We really were poor. Peterborough were even worse. TBH both teams deserved to lose.

Federici - Mediocre: Missed their first but he looked weak on their second
Cummings - OK
Harte - Shit, nearly gifted them a goal and was beaten badly several times as usual. Not only for pace. defenders had to cover him as usual
Gorkss - OK
Pearce - OK
Karacan - Mediocre
Leigertwood - Shit: gave the ball away cheaply way too often and was generally poor.
McAnuff - OK ish, best attacking threat until ALF came on.
Kebe - Shit: putting far below 100% in and no final ball.
Church - Mediocre even considering the goal
Hunt - OK: cynical, diving little cheat he is

Le Fondre - Good: easily our best player this season, MUST START!!!
HRK - Good: well taken goal.

McDermott - Mediocre, should have started ALF and don't like his rejigging of the team for the subs, even if largely the right players came on.
Ref - Good: no real poor decisions against us, several for us IMO.

Brilliant result under the circumstances. LOLZ @ Church being the only player capable of scoring first half.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 30 Nov 2011 12:41

Ian Royal wrote: Well that was one of the most turgid piles of shit I've sat through. We really were poor. Peterborough were even worse. TBH both teams deserved to lose.

Peterboro even worse than Reading you must have had blinkers on for the 90 minutes..... The Boro midfield and their general movement was good to watch. McDermott should watch the video back and learn from it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Nov 2011 12:47

Harte - 7, thought he did well considering he had no defensive support down the left, pinged in some decent corners, and the cross for ALF's goal was quality

kebe passed to ALF didnt he?

Kebe - 5, shadow of former self, almost pointless playing with him

despite two(?) assists

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Nov 2011 12:48

biscuitman On Another note, no way were there 500 Peterborough fans. From looking at their site they sold 200 on Monday afternoon!

i counted them- 500 seemed about ok

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Nov 2011 12:49

Ian Royal Hunt - OK: cynical, diving little cheat he is

:roll:
currently in hospital, having his eye cut- boxer style, and cant remember much of the game as a result of the assault on him.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 30 Nov 2011 13:09

I thought that was because he took a hit to his head from the ball 5 minutes before the end?