Furious with Kebe

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Furious with Kebe

by Kitsondinho » 05 Dec 2011 20:21

I heard Jimmy was tiring of playing football for a living and intends to become a goat herder in Southern Spain........

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Dec 2011 20:53

floyd__streete
Svlad Cjelli Have we had a drunk driver? We've had someone who refused to give a sample, yes - but from a legal point of view isn't that a different offence from actual drink driving? :wink:

It is indeed. But you've forgotten a former Northern Irish defender whose surname is the same as one of the Gladiators stage names.
Barry Trojan?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Dec 2011 20:54

Svlad Cjelli
floyd__streete
Svlad Cjelli Have we had a drunk driver? We've had someone who refused to give a sample, yes - but from a legal point of view isn't that a different offence from actual drink driving? :wink:

It is indeed. But you've forgotten a former Northern Irish defender whose surname is the same as one of the Gladiators stage names.

Indeed. So your list of offenders has suddenly got 25% longer .....

Dave Kitson.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 05 Dec 2011 21:34

Jimmy Kebe is unhappy because he's not been offered the contract he want's. Simply as that!

He will be gone at the end of the season or whenever his contract runs out!

Anyone who thinks he's a c*nt is wrong. Because firstly whoever has seen him play for reading will know he celebrates when he scores or hugs a team mate when they score.

I've met the guy in Reading and he's very quite (softly spoken) and I can't imagine he is a bad apple at all.

SO LEAVE JIMMY THE F*CK ALONE!!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 05 Dec 2011 23:34

HRK won't be better than Kebe so you'll all be moaning about him instead.

Not sure which Championship club would have him at the moment for the fee RFC will probably ask.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 06 Dec 2011 07:30

I expect him to go on a free.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 Dec 2011 09:14

royalexile I expect him to go on a free.

Here's his replacement according to the mirror

Reading want to sign Swindon midfielder Matt Ritchie for £750,00 in January to replace Jimmy Kebe. (Daily Mirror)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Dec 2011 09:37

Royalee
Jackson Corner Don't worry you will get your wish in Jan. I just hope he doesn't go to another championship club and come back to haunt us.

Like that other overrated arrogant prick Mills? Laters Kebe

i know you, and everyone else on here is entitled to their opinion, but you just dont come across as a very nice person

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 06 Dec 2011 09:47

melonhead
Royalee
Jackson Corner Don't worry you will get your wish in Jan. I just hope he doesn't go to another championship club and come back to haunt us.

Like that other overrated arrogant prick Mills? Laters Kebe

i know you, and everyone else on here is entitled to their opinion, but you just dont come across as a very nice person

Indeed - you just have to hope he's playing out an "internet persona" and isn't as unpleasant in real life.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Dec 2011 09:56

yeah, that would make me feel better about the world

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2011 10:21

RepressedRoyal Kevin Dillon has told Tim Dellor that Kebe has been having an affair and is carrying the child of Gylfi Sigursson who is coming back on loan in January because he is missing Jimmy so badly............ALLEGEDLY!

If anyone is going to have Gylfi's love child surely it'd be Churchy.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Dec 2011 17:29

floyd__streete

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Dec 2011 00:04

I'm furious with Floyd for being so furious.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 07 Dec 2011 06:26

The hate's gone too far though some of the critisisms are valid. There's definately something missing from Kebe's game at the moment but he's been about as consistant as McAnuff and HRK have been.

Sadly he seems to be going down the Bobby Convey route where by he's only had 12-18 good months in about 4 years about the club :(

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 07 Dec 2011 11:09

After writing the above I decided to take a deeper look into it, here's a Tilehurst End piece on Jimmy and his production this year.

http://thetilehurstend.co.uk/2011/12/07 ... roduction/

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2011 11:23

Kebe's become a reversal of himself. He used to be all excitement and no end product and this season he's looked utter turd whenever I've seen him yet has scored a goal and got three or four assists.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Dec 2011 11:34

just think thats bollox.

he seems almost exactly the same player to me, just not quite at his best due to his usual slow return from injury
if anything i think his delivery has improved slightly.
still get the flashes of brilliance coupled with occasional slip ups(often literally)
still get games where he running all over the place, terrorising full backs, and tackling back coupled withgames where he looks disinterested, and throws arm flapping tantrums.

hes exactly the same player, with exactly the same attitude and attainment imo, its simply that the team are doing badly in many peoples eyes, theres alot of frustration about, and as usual its the luxury player, and jimmy kebe, that gets it first/worst.

the article from wimb is good- though i dispute that 1 goal and 4 assists from 13 games is that far off his previous seasons records, considering his injury etc.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Dec 2011 11:39

I think I probably side more with Brendy's thinking on Kebe here. I don't think he's much different either way, although I've never really been a fan or bought into the idea that he's actually all that good.

The only difference for me is that I don't think he's involved in the game as much as he was when he (and we) were playing well. His bursts of good form usually coincide with us playing better and getting hold of the ball a bit more and therefore feeding Jimmy on more occassions. If he sees a lot of the ball then he has more chances to do something productive, and he needs a lot of opportunities to then actually create something (it's a bit like John Barnes with England).

He's not in good form, but then to my mind this is his normal level or performance and the few runs of being very effective were the exceptions.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Dec 2011 11:48

Bah!

the man is god

Kneel before kebe

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Dec 2011 11:56

said himself he is going in January if he can so don't worry we will lose one of our only real talents

the club offered him an insulting contract of course he isnt oxf*rd interested on the pitch. What oxf*rd more did he have to do last season to earn a decent contract offer?

The club have let him know that your best and tearing people week in week out will still not get you a decent contract so why oxf*rd bother

oxf*rd Reading