Jason Roberts idiot

370 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jason Roberts idiot

by Norfolk Royal » 11 Dec 2011 10:05

This from Claridge who used to run around with his socks down trying every trick in the book and played for Cambridge under John Beck when their team became synonomous with gamesmanship, leaving the grass uncut in the channels etc. Mind boggling hypocrisy.

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 11 Dec 2011 10:07

Jack Celliers
Yahoops I have complained to the BBC about Steve Claridge.

It's easy here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/ ... B80#anchor

Why?

I'd have thought it was obvious, but here goes:

1. For excusing a lunging studs up challenge and a subsequent two-handed push in the chest on a static Kebe by saying that Jimmy had been "a little bit disrespectful."
2. For the xenophobic statement about the lack of respect being shown by a non-British player.
3. For just being an arse. Give the job to Leroy Rosenior.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Dec 2011 10:18

Svlad Cjelli It seems that lots of people here can't tell the difference between "explain" and "excuse".

The vast majority of the pundits are explaining why Collinson had the red mist - which is that Kebe did something that professionals just don't do, taking the piss in a match situation. In every profession there's an unspoken code that no-one oversteps - but Kebe didn't just overstep it, he drove a coach and horses through it. (And LOL at those calling Claridge racist - he's quite right that this is is cultural thing in England, something a foreign player is less likely to understand).

So why are people getting themselves so wound up when pundits say that they understand why Collinson did it? That's quite different from saying that he was justified or shouldn't have been sent off.

Jason Roberts "I guess he's going to have to pay the price with his red card but I think he was well within his rights to do it"

"I think he was absolutely right to do that"
Last edited by sandman on 11 Dec 2011 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 11 Dec 2011 10:19

Jack Celliers

It's easy here:

Why?

LOL

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 11 Dec 2011 10:20

Svlad Cjelli It seems that lots of people here can't tell the difference between "explain" and "excuse".

The vast majority of the pundits are explaining why Collinson had the red mist - which is that Kebe did something that professionals just don't do, taking the piss in a match situation. In every profession there's an unspoken code that no-one oversteps - but Kebe didn't just overstep it, he drove a coach and horses through it. (And LOL at those calling Claridge racist - he's quite right that this is is cultural thing in England, something a foreign player is less likely to understand).

So why are people getting themselves so wound up when pundits say that they understand why Collinson did it? That's quite different from saying that he was justified or shouldn't have been sent off.

Trying to defend the indefensible?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Dec 2011 10:22

Far Canal
Jack Celliers

It's easy here:

Why?

I'd have thought it was obvious, but here goes:

1. For excusing a lunging studs up challenge and a subsequent two-handed push in the chest on a static Kebe by saying that Jimmy had been "a little bit disrespectful."
2. For the xenophobic statement about the lack of respect being shown by a non-British player.
3. For just being an arse. Give the job to Leroy Rosenior.

For me his "Not surprised that it wasn't an English player" comment was worse than anything that Clarkson said recently. Complete xenophobic twaddle.

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 11 Dec 2011 10:28

the point is, if enough people do jump on the racist bandwagon and complain, maybe, just maybe, we can get the pointless, pencil tapping cretin off the show

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 11 Dec 2011 10:33

It's easy here:

Done. Here's mine:

Steve Claridge excused a lunging studs up challenge and a subsequent two-handed push in the chest by WHU player Jack Collison on Reading's Jimmy Kebe by saying that Jimmy had been "a little bit disrespectful" in pulling up his socks.
Since when has pulling up your socks been an offence that warrants a physical attack?

He then followed it up by noting that the "disrespect" was not shown by a British player and that he would not expect it from one (Jimmy Kebe being a French Malian).

I accuse Steve Claridge of bias, xenophobia and displaying a poor standard of broadcasting.

I suggest you give the job to Leroy Rosenior full time.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 11 Dec 2011 10:35

I know at least 100 people on twitter that have complained. tbf even after he's made to apologise he'll just dislike us even more :D

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 11 Dec 2011 10:38

It's easy here:

Thanks. Just sent mine in.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Dec 2011 10:52

Add Bhasin to that who finished the commentary by saying "he won't do it again" :roll:

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 11 Dec 2011 11:01

Just posted mine too. I was mouth-opened shocked by that Claridge nob head. What a prick.........

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2011 11:10

He might not have intended it to be racist but it was clear racial stereotyping. To suggest that no English player has ever done it is also wrong. I am sure if people give it some thought they can come up with some instances - Gazza for example. And a while back didn't Coppell criticise one of our youngsters for 'showboating'?

Truth is, West Ham deserved to have the piss taken for their lack of fight and commitment when they went down to 10 men - no wonder their supporters walked out in their droves. Usually you expect things to get harder when a team goes down to 10 but their overpaid PL Prima Donnas just rolled over and gave up. Had Collison and/or his team mates been as quick to close Kebe down as he was went he assaulted him, Kebe wouldn't have even considered pulling the stunt.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 11 Dec 2011 11:11

Avon Royal For me his "Not surprised that it wasn't an English player" comment was worse than anything that Clarkson said recently. Complete xenophobic twaddle.

Hardly! Just reflecting the fact that someone from abroad is less likely to understand the culture and "unwritten rules" that exist within English football than someone brought up within it.

Much as it pains me to defend Claridge, who ordinarily is a twat, he's right here.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2011 11:16

what a lot of rot

funniest thing ive seen for ages, the guys a legend, well played jimmy- thoroughly entertaining, had me on my feet applauding even before the disgusting challenge.

showboatings totally fine in my book.and that was one of the greatest pieces of it ive ever seen

hilariously amusing imo

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2011 11:17

Svlad Cjelli
Avon Royal For me his "Not surprised that it wasn't an English player" comment was worse than anything that Clarkson said recently. Complete xenophobic twaddle.

Hardly! Just reflecting the fact that someone from abroad is less likely to understand the culture and "unwritten rules" that exist within English football than someone brought up within it.

But he didn't say that did he. He referred to the fact that Kebe wasn't English rather than the fact that he was relatively inexperienced in the ways/unwritten rules of the English game.

Percy's Rocket What it has done is raise the temperature on the return game unnecessarily, the media will see to that, ,,,,,,, though it was great value at the time.

Good, that will play right into our hands.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 11 Dec 2011 11:17

Svlad Cjelli

Because there is usually a brief "of course his reaction can't be justified" comment followed by an extended discussion of why he did do it, so the focus is on the explanation rather than the condemnation.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2011 11:25

sorry- clattering a player, kicking him in the air, and raking studs down his knee, while pushing him in the face, really isnt understandable, let alone justifiable

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Dec 2011 11:34

What's the difference between what Kebe did and Ronaldo down the touchline, Mr Bendy legs with a step over a step over without touching the ball. So what if Kebe's routine is pulling his socks up! He gets slated for doing it which then leads to a goal and would of got slated for doing it and losing possession! Get off his back!

John Peel

by John Peel » 11 Dec 2011 11:36

Just seen BBC coverage. Steve Claridge you utterly thick racist c*nt. Manish a little wet sh*t. No Mr Claridge, he won't be doing that again sir, will he. Why didn't you just bend over as well Manish.

370 posts