No, you as well :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Report the ref/Leeds?

by RoyalBlue » 08 Apr 2012 12:13

Far Canal
Royal Lady No-one would take any notice if anyone DID report Leeds/Warnock. What riles me more is that no-one in the media when reporting on the game appears to have criticised their tactics - I'm looking specifically at YOU Manish and Leroy. Pathetic. Like they're scared to say they thought the tackling was atrocious etc. Puffs. :evil:

Spot on RL. The producers and presenters of the Football League show completely bottled it and missed a golden opportunity to state publicly what most football fans think of Brown, Pugh and Warnock.

Agreed. They merely hinted at Warnock and Leeds' approach rather than openly criticising them as they should have done. I'm disappointed Claridge wasn't on, because I think he might have been rather more forthcoming even though he is often accused of being 'old school'.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 08 Apr 2012 16:20

Sorely tempted to find out if some of the stuff posted at this link http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/topic/8910-michael-brown-is-fucking-brilliant/page__view__findpost__p__306984 couldn't land someone in court.

Edited to add; bloody swearing filter oxf*rd ur the URL, yet it still works! Don't understand that.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 08 Apr 2012 16:27

Fukking nora, there's some horrible shit going on there...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Apr 2012 16:28

RoyalBlue
SouthDownsRoyal Its little wonder many think our fans are a joke.

We are top of the table and people want to discuss "report nolan" "report the ref" "report leeds"

:roll:

Personally I think those that just shrug off what they witnessed yesterday (many because 'we won') are the joke.

The fact that a good number are still incensed about what they saw, despite winning, gives an indication of how bad it was. And why shouldn't fans be angry when they see a player's season ended because of deliberate tactics adopted by the opposition and a referee who was incompetent beyond belief?
Ideal
howser Drysdale is a sergeant in the RAF, maybe we could get him courts marshalled and shot ??

Oh, I am just waiting for Ian Royal and the rest of the idiots to discover your comment, and chime in with their mindless drivel about how it "is completely out of order", and that you're "a cretin", and "imagine how offended all the people whose families have been court marshalled are" or some other bile.
Nevermind the fact that they have to be complete idiots to actually think you are serious, I'm not sure if they are pretending to be morons or if they really are that dumb..

Are you really that thick and pig ignorant?!

Your attempt to justify your previous outrageous remark is Warnockesque beyond belief!

You really think it is acceptable to not be serious about the holocaust and turn it into a joke?!

Thick and/or complete and utter low life. :twisted:

how is it more offensive?it offends more people,but at the same level.im sure family of courtmarshalled and shot would be upset at the reference. if you are up for beng the internet police im not sure i like your double standards and hypocrisy

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Apr 2012 16:32

Pseud O'Nym Sorely tempted to find out if some of the stuff posted at this link http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/topic/8910-michael-brown-is-oxf*rd-brilliant/page__view__findpost__p__306984 couldn't land someone in court.

Edited to add; bloody swearing filter oxf*rd ur the URL, yet it still works! Don't understand that.

vile scum

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 08 Apr 2012 16:40

melonhead
Pseud O'Nym Sorely tempted to find out if some of the stuff posted at this link http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/topic/8910-michael-brown-is-oxf*rd-brilliant/page__view__findpost__p__306984 couldn't land someone in court.

vile scum

Pots and kettles.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Apr 2012 16:45

melonhead how is it more offensive?it offends more people,but at the same level.im sure family of courtmarshalled and shot would be upset at the reference. if you are up for beng the internet police im not sure i like your double standards and hypocrisy

Avon Royal tries to explain why it is so offensive on the thread where the remark first appeared. I think he does a damn good job but some people's ignorance seems beyond education.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Apr 2012 16:46

:roll:

im reporting you for racism

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Apr 2012 16:52

RoyalBlue
melonhead how is it more offensive?it offends more people,but at the same level.im sure family of courtmarshalled and shot would be upset at the reference. if you are up for beng the internet police im not sure i like your double standards and hypocrisy

Avon Royal tries to explain why it is so offensive on the thread where the remark first appeared. I think he does a damn good job but some people's ignorance seems beyond education.

lol.

how is it more offensive than courtmarshalling and shooting soldiers for cowardice?
im sure i could find someone equally offended by that.
doesnt make it off limits for humour or off the cuff remarks.

ive been there,know first hand how horrfic it is, and if he had actually,or intended to gas warnock you could have some sort of point.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 08 Apr 2012 16:56

melonhead

vile scum

Probably, but what about those Leeds fans?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 08 Apr 2012 17:08

Badger Finger Fukking nora, there's some horrible shit going on there...

The mentality of some fans is almost frightening.

You'd expect plenty of "hard but fair" type comments, but loads on there seem to relish Warnock style tactics and see nothing wrong with going out to nobble the other team.

And of course, any criticism is because people are "anti-Leeds".

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 08 Apr 2012 17:15

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Leeds fans are scum.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Apr 2012 18:09

Badger Finger Fukking nora, there's some horrible shit going on there...

The mentality of some fans is almost frightening.

You'd expect plenty of "hard but fair" type comments, but loads on there seem to relish Warnock style tactics and see nothing wrong with going out to nobble the other team.

And of course, any criticism is because people are "anti-Leeds".

Pig ignorant bastards saying that Jem was only injured because he pulled out of the challenge! Difficult to pull out of a challenge when you are stood the way that Jem was before the thug Brown decided to injure him. :twisted:

The club really should take this matter further. Both Brown and Leeds have a record of doing this sort of thing.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 08 Apr 2012 18:36

Unless we have proof that Warnock deliberate sent his players out to nobble our players (and we don't) there isn't anything we could do even if we wanted to (and I'd be surprised if we did want to).

The sad things is that thuggish cheats are almost never punished to the extent they should be. A desire to seem even-handed will invariably lead refs to be soft on teams if they've taken hard action already.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 08 Apr 2012 18:40

Rev Algenon Stickleback H Unless we have proof that Warnock deliberate sent his players out to nobble our players (and we don't) there isn't anything we could do even if we wanted to (and I'd be surprised if we did want to).

The sad things is that thuggish cheats are almost never punished to the extent they should be. A desire to seem even-handed will invariably lead refs to be soft on teams if they've taken hard action already.

I believe the fact that the ref didn't even award fouls for the two tackles may play into our favour, as technically they are now within the remit of punishment following video evidence. Had the ref taken action at the time ( for example by booking the player) then this would not be available.

The Cube

by The Cube » 08 Apr 2012 18:56

Avon Royal
Rev Algenon Stickleback H Unless we have proof that Warnock deliberate sent his players out to nobble our players (and we don't) there isn't anything we could do even if we wanted to (and I'd be surprised if we did want to).

I believe the fact that the ref didn't even award fouls for the two tackles may play into our favour, as technically they are now within the remit of punishment following video evidence. Had the ref taken action at the time ( for example by booking the player) then this would not be available.

The fact that the referee took no action against Pugh and Brown means that they can be charged by the FA. Both clubs submit reports on the referee's performance after each game, and ours will surely mention those incidents, so charges may be forthcoming. Leeds will no doubt try to get Hunt suspended, plus a club fine for surrounding the ref, which apparently we did the whole game through, and always do because we're that sort of club.

In Pugh's case his own manager has already said he is guilty, so he's surely going to get a three-match ban (plus a game extra for any previous red cards this season). However, for the Pugh incident, the referee did signal that he was playing an advantage so he certainly recognised that it was a foul. In fact, i wondered if the only reason there was no card was because he had forgotten which player it was. That shouldn't happen but does - I've always thought they should call the captain over and ask which player it was, but of course that would be a sign of weakness.

For Brown the referee decided there was no foul. But I'm pretty certain that there's a FIFA directive that says two-footed scissor challenges should be considered a red card offence even if the ball is played. So again there's a chance of a ban.

But I'm struggling to work out how this favours us. They still played the rest of the game against us with 10 men, and our players are still injured.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Apr 2012 18:57

Move on - it's over.

Best to WNG 3 times (which I think should be enough) and then laugh at those left in the Championship, welcome Jem back next season and enjoy the next ride.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 08 Apr 2012 18:58

Far Canal
Royal Lady No-one would take any notice if anyone DID report Leeds/Warnock. What riles me more is that no-one in the media when reporting on the game appears to have criticised their tactics - I'm looking specifically at YOU Manish and Leroy. Pathetic. Like they're scared to say they thought the tackling was atrocious etc. Puffs. :evil:

Spot on RL. The producers and presenters of the Football League show completely bottled it and missed a golden opportunity to state publicly what most football fans think of Brown, Pugh and Warnock.

Most of the match reports I read attacked Leeds' style and the BBC guy doing their "Friday football" page laid into them and published some pretty intense criticism of them from their twitter feed.

This thread is chat for chat's sake. Yes Leeds were dirty. Yes it's terrible that Jem has been crocked. Yes the ref made a mistake not sending Pugh off. No we can't write to our MP, the FA, Citizen's Advice or Dear Dierdre about it. These are the cards we have been dealt - let what has happened galvanise the team and respond ultimately in the way we did to Leeds - win with no bookings.

BTW expect more of the same from Brighton.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 08 Apr 2012 19:00

Nice explanation, thanks Cube.

By "Favours us", I meant only with respect to our desire for justice.