Plans for Saturday

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Plans for Saturday

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Apr 2012 11:20

Seal To be fair to the pubs if this lot turned up I'd be pretty worried about it kicking off in my pub too

Awful head gear!

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 20 Apr 2012 11:21

royalexile Apparently the temporary closure is just a rumour. Perhaps this needs clearing up once and for all. :?

I thought i just did? :roll:

The police have said there is no plans to close pubs

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 20 Apr 2012 11:21

HoneyRoastHoax
royalexile Apparently the temporary closure is just a rumour. Perhaps this needs clearing up once and for all. :?

Missed your post Honeyroast.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Apr 2012 11:21

I am on a mother of all-dayers, starting at 12pm and hopefully ending up in the AD 'till the early hours of Sunday. Told Mrs Zammo I won't be coming home* 8)

*hopefully someone will let me crash, otherwise I'll be forking out for a hotel.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 20 Apr 2012 11:25

royalexile
HoneyRoastHoax

Missed your post Honeyroast.

Oh right you are, happy they aren't doing this else id of just had to catch the train back down south and keeping up with results on my phone

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 20 Apr 2012 11:28

HoneyRoastHoax The Royals will win the Championship tomorrow if they do better at home to Crystal Palace than Southampton do away against Middlesbrough.

I think I just dribbled down my shirt.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 20 Apr 2012 11:33

HoneyRoastHoax
Oh right you are, happy they aren't doing this else id of just had to catch the train back down south and keeping up with results on my phone

What time is the last feasible train you can catch. I think i can predict a weary night ahead. :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Apr 2012 11:36

Walkabout?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 20 Apr 2012 11:52

We've got a box for Saturday 8)

Meeting up with Dare to Dream and a few other colleagues from our Sweden branch and making a weekend of it. I'm going to pay for it into next week, I know it! :P

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 20 Apr 2012 11:59

Maguire
Silver Fox Rumours were abounding on Tuesday night that TVP are locking town down on Saturday post-match, don't know how true this is

Unprecedented. Can't see it happening myself

Seeeeeeeeeeee

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 20 Apr 2012 12:11

royalexile
HoneyRoastHoax

What time is the last feasible train you can catch. I think i can predict a weary night ahead. :lol:

need to get back to Brighton so presumably quite late as I can go into Laaaandon

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 20 Apr 2012 12:25

Cobi We've got a box for Saturday 8)

Meeting up with Dare to Dream and a few other colleagues from our Sweden branch and making a weekend of it. I'm going to pay for it into next week, I know it! :P

Flying back Tuesday now. I think that's wise! Wont make it back for Birmingham celebrations but I think I'll be all celebrated out after this weekend, league or not!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Apr 2012 16:30

I should clear this up once and for all. Pubs WON'T be closed, but door staff probably won't let you in if they suspect you've been to football, turn up in groups etc. Even on a quietish matchday, places like O'Neills, Walkabout etc can be funny about letting you in. Tomorrow they will be extra vigilant. Best bet is head to pubs like the Allied, Bugle etc and Gr8 Ex, Turks, Red Lion if you want to watch the Boro/S'oton game.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 20 Apr 2012 16:46

bobby1413 Walkabout?

only if you want to queue for half an hour for a pint of over priced lager in a plastic glass

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Apr 2012 16:59

If Kes is right, and I have no reason to suspect he is, why would jubilant RFC fans be stopped from entering certain establishments in groups? Do they think they're all going to fight each other or something. If we'd been relegated, I could understand a certain amount of worry by TVP that it would kick off as people would be fed up etc, however, we'll all be really happy. I'm certainly not intending to cause any damage to anyone with my mobility scooter.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 20 Apr 2012 17:02

Oakford
Purple
AD

I might dress smart and look respectable for a change.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 20 Apr 2012 17:03

The monks was the place to be last time we went up, great chanting between the top bar and bottom .

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Apr 2012 17:58

Chaney The monks was the place to be last time we went up, great chanting between the top bar and bottom .

Very true although we were all asked to leave eventually

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Apr 2012 18:07

Royal Lady If Kes is right, and I have no reason to suspect he is, why would jubilant RFC fans be stopped from entering certain establishments in groups? Do they think they're all going to fight each other or something. If we'd been relegated, I could understand a certain amount of worry by TVP that it would kick off as people would be fed up etc, however, we'll all be really happy. I'm certainly not intending to cause any damage to anyone with my mobility scooter.

This is what I don't understand about Reading town centre pubs RL. They really don't like football fans at all. Take it from me, someone who is out most weekends. Not RL who's idea of a night out is when B&Q are open late.

Pubs tomorrow will be VERY cautious who they let in. Especially straight after football. IMO, it's best to go to a pub on the outskirts of town. Main places showing the footy in town (O'Neill's and Walkabout) WILL be funny about letting loadsa of footy fans in.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 20 Apr 2012 18:10

Strange when most of their clientele consist of such.