What sort of reception should Pardew receive on Saturday?

149 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: What sort of reception should Pardew receive on Saturday

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Sep 2012 10:26

Regardless of what you think on here, the boo's will ring out loud at the Mad Stad on Saturday for Pardew.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Sep 2012 10:27

he will get a muted and short round of applause from me

cant beat a good pantomime villain, but hes no colin oxf*rd is he
Last edited by melonhead on 27 Sep 2012 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

larry1971

by larry1971 » 27 Sep 2012 10:28

gazzer, loyal royal i don't think i can ever forgive Pardew. The club bent over backwards when he signed a new contract. He always wanted the clause that if a prem club came in for her he could talk to them.

As soon as West Ham, a championship club, came in for him he resigned because he wasn't allowed to speak to them. He shafted us, when we in the promotion positions and back him with the signings of Murray and Goater that summer.

Although he doesn't say anything bad against the club, he's still a tosser

I think you should know by now that contracts are meaningless.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 27 Sep 2012 10:49

It must be vitriolic, nasty and very threatening.

No matter what he is up to now, let us not forget how he treated the club and Sir John with utter contempt and disdain. He was ‘found out’ at Southampton who are the only club that have seen through this shallow, self indulgent man up to now.

The facts are that Parjudas is an opportunist, self righteous and totally arrogant individual who is not welcome at our club.

Let’s give him a Galatasaray style ‘Welcome to Hell’ reception that he deserves! :evil:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 27 Sep 2012 11:03

You've got to be a complete fcuking idiot to hold a grudge against Pardew.

Started the process by which this club turned around and started it's march towards the PL. A great manager proving his abilities now at a big club. I won't be going out of my way to applaud him, but if there's a bit of it and he acknowledges, I'll certainly join in.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 27 Sep 2012 11:09

Excellent manager, should have got the england job, one of our best managers, just a shame he didn't stick around to finish the job. Doesnt matter what reception Reading fans give him at the weekend, they'll be too many miles up in the stand for him to hear them

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Sep 2012 11:32

No issues with Alan, good luck to him and his team - except Saturday of course.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Sep 2012 11:36

Think I might try and get off with him, but if he rejects me then I will boo him.

boycey

by boycey » 27 Sep 2012 11:42

Will be dusting off my

We
Parjudas

shirt for this one

boooooooooooooo

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Sep 2012 11:53

Applause but only after the match, regardless of his previous affiliation he is an opposing teams manager!

Is is touchline ban finished now?

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 27 Sep 2012 12:02

The reason he will get a good reception from me is because he is now at a bigger club if he was at a worse club than us he would still get a bad reception.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Sep 2012 12:04

If he was at a smaller club it would be gay to f/ck him. But as he is at a bigger club, it's not gay.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 27 Sep 2012 12:22

TBM Personally I think we should applaud him - it's was him who set us up for when Coppell took over

Would we be where we are today without his input?

Totally agree. There is so much childish crap spouted on here about his departure and little about the way he set us up to be here now. AP has to be credited with starting the build up to the type of success we are experiencing. When he took over we were scraping along towards another relegation to the basement level in (what is now) L2. Since he took over we have rarely been outside the promotion contenders at the end of the season (notwithstanding the relegation from the PL) or pressing for a Euro place.

Add to that the fact that he is a genuinely decent chappie and he ought to be applauded.

fruits

by fruits » 27 Sep 2012 12:32

What he did was wrong if you belong to the old school of business practice, but quite ok in the world of today. That prize prat Brooking was more to blame.

Pards certainly started our climb, he got the team playing some great football just before he left. I have wondered many times where we would be today had he stayed on , personally I think we would have got promotion earlier, but not sure the Pardew of say 2003 would have kept us up for more than a season. His record at West Ham was reasonable, Charlton a disaster and he did a great job at the Saints and quite how Newcastle managed a top six finish last season is still a surprise. They have been a bit mercurial this season and are 10th at the moment but if they beat us could be back in the top 6.

He was lucky to get the Newcastle job, Ashley not withstanding,and so far has done a great job.

It is said time is a great healer, I have forgiven him but will never forget what he did.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 27 Sep 2012 12:47

fruits What he did was wrong if you belong to the old school of business practice, but quite ok in the world of today. That prize prat Brooking was more to blame.

Pards certainly started our climb, he got the team playing some great football just before he left. I have wondered many times where we would be today had he stayed on , personally I think we would have got promotion earlier, but not sure the Pardew of say 2003 would have kept us up for more than a season. His record at West Ham was reasonable, Charlton a disaster and he did a great job at the Saints and quite how Newcastle managed a top six finish last season is still a surprise. They have been a bit mercurial this season and are 10th at the moment but if they beat us could be back in the top 6.

He was lucky to get the Newcastle job, Ashley not withstanding,and so far has done a great job.

It is said time is a great healer, I have forgiven him but will never forget what he did.

Exactly.

FWIW I want him to do well at Newcastle (minus our games) and then have a go at the England job once they have done with him.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 27 Sep 2012 13:31

Divvy He wont get any reception from me. He's there to beat us, we're there to beat his side. Not interested in thank you's or boo's.

So many people were w@nking over Siggy the other week when he played for Spurs.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 27 Sep 2012 14:11

Pardew was gash for us. Wasn't pants day under his regime?
We were the laughing stock of the 3rd tier (can't remember what it was called then) in the late 90's - early 00's with overpaid players not able to get us promotion.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 27 Sep 2012 14:15

OldBiscuit when they were struggling in the Championship a few years ago only 8,000 were turning up for home games.

You sure about that?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 27 Sep 2012 14:18

marcusopp Pardew was gash for us. Wasn't pants day under his regime?
We were the laughing stock of the 3rd tier (can't remember what it was called then) in the late 90's - early 00's with overpaid players not able to get us promotion.

..and where did we finish that season?

And we were never the 'laughing stock' that you suggest - except maybe in your own mind. Just track our (finishing) league positions since Pardew took over in Oct (I think) 99 and you will see what utter tripe your comment is. Facts not fiction.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 27 Sep 2012 15:24

The man is an utter knob. His horrific rape comments on MOTD provided a little insight into just what a small minded, sexist and arrogant man he is. No matter what others say, I will still take (like all previous years) my Parjudas banner, shirt and gallows facemask (kindly donated by a Charlton friend).

Let's hope that we can provide the intimidating atmosphere that Parjudas absolutely deserves and will undoubtedly spur us on to a result!

149 posts