Brian's Press Conference today

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brian's Press Conference today

by Royalee » 14 Dec 2012 12:30

For even the likes of Shorey to come out and criticise the football says it all - thanks for getting us here playing dire football Brian, but you're out of your depth now.

murof

by murof » 14 Dec 2012 13:39

Muskrat
Lacoste Can't believe he's still in a job. Probably just the Reading way to allow an inept manager to stay in the job.

Nice club we are

Do you know what it makes me sick to the stomach when I read comments like this. We aren't the first and won't be the last club to get promoted and then struggle in the Premier League on limited funds. We are a small club in this league, it's different to when we were a big team in league one and lording it over the likes of Macclesfield Town (no diss obvs).

Brian has done a spectacular job for Reading and will go down as one of our best and most successful managers ever - saving us from almost certain relegation in his first year, getting to the play off final the second and winning the Football League Championship in his third, with two FA Cup quarter finals thrown in for good measure.

If we do go down (and it looks likely let's be honest), I say stick with Brian, let him build again and learn from the experience. There's nobody I'd rather trust with my team the Brian.

BM won't get sacked because of the very few number of points we get, he will get sacked for the money the club will lose as a result of that. Football is a business and that is all that matters to the owners. It doesn't matter that he can do a good job in the championship, the owners do not want to be in the championship, they want to be in the premier league where the big money is. Why should Reading keep BM as a manager when hey get relegated when most other clubs who get relegated get rid of their managers.
The thing is for BM, if we get relegated then get promoted again, he will probably be brushed aside as the owners will want to get someone else in then who can keep them in the top flight
My own feeling is that BM should stay, and the owners should gamble a bit and spend money on bringing in some class players. (but I can't really see that happening)

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 14 Dec 2012 17:00

The false hoops tried a different model and they are really doing fantastic, not!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Dec 2012 17:17

murof BM won't get sacked because of the very few number of points we get, he will get sacked for the money the club will lose as a result of that. Football is a business and that is all that matters to the owners. It doesn't matter that he can do a good job in the championship, the owners do not want to be in the championship, they want to be in the premier league where the big money is. Why should Reading keep BM as a manager when hey get relegated when most other clubs who get relegated get rid of their managers.
The thing is for BM, if we get relegated then get promoted again, he will probably be brushed aside as the owners will want to get someone else in then who can keep them in the top flight
My own feeling is that BM should stay, and the owners should gamble a bit and spend money on bringing in some class players. (but I can't really see that happening)

Have you read a word the owners have said?

Zingarevich wanted us to be promoted within three years. He considers the early promotion to be a bonus. Relegation now would still leave us on track.

Of course, he could be lying, or he could change his mind, or he could conclude that McDermott isn't the man to keep us on track long term.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 14 Dec 2012 17:31

murof Football is a business and that is all that matters to the owners.

Utter bollocks. If it was they'd put their money in a more certain profitable business. It's a business sure, but a lot more matters.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Dec 2012 17:32

Royal Ginger There's also strong rumors that he's had a bust-up with Roberts and that the Pog isn't happy about his lack of 1st team football.

strong rumours=people on twitter making stuff up based on very little

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2012 17:44

Cripple Creek Personally, I think the worst case scenario is that Brian gets the push or is "encouraged to resign", we get a new manager in and things remain the same. The outcome being we continue to perform shockingly, lose a talented championship division manager (who may grow into a decent premier manager on the basis of this season's experience) into the bargain and end up relegated anyway. That would put us in a far worse situation than we are currently in.

Worst case scenario is worst case scenario shocker.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2012 17:47

SydenhamRoyal
SPARTA
SydenhamRoyal What difference do you really think that a change in manager will bring in terms of who is bought in the transfer window, when it is clear from the names we have most been linked with -that they are Russian - is telling you who is choosing the players.

You can't listen to who we've been linked with. We're a Premiership club, you get linked with everyone, and most of it is from agents touting their players. A change of manager wont keep us up, but it might improve things having a fresh set of eyes come in, change the system, freshen everything we do here up a bit and build for next season. With the dressing room the way it is, next season doesn't look very promising, as we'll need to ship out a lot of trouble makers and then replace them, as well supposedly try and improve the squad which was the first priority..

Denis Cheryshev from Real Madrid - Anton confirmed this publicly
Pav the £8m flop - all over the papers at the moment
Pog the free flop - I know it might seem like a rumour that he signed for us, but its true, he did!
Arshavin I grant you might be just paper talk

We'd be stupid not to use Anton's connections and papers are going to look at a new russian owner and link us with every russian player going. What you hear about is often not what we're actually doing. So you might want to hold off beating the club with that stick until it actually happens.

We've also been linked with non-Russian players.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Dec 2012 01:34

Ukrainians and Belurusians?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 15 Dec 2012 06:13

Lacoste Can't believe he's still in a job. Probably just the Reading way to allow an inept manager to stay in the job.

Nice club we are

Even though I am firmly in the camp that it is time for Brian to move on, I don´t think being derrogative about him is right or fair. I am sure there is nobody suffering more that Brian about our current plight and lets remember he performed miracles last season. The job is too big for him now, that is not his fault and I am sure most of us have all seen people in our own workplace get overpromoted and struggle. No need to rub salt in the wounds.