Man City - Minutes Silence

Royal Bahamas

Re: Man City - Minutes Silence

by Royal Bahamas » 21 Dec 2012 23:31

notloyalenuffroyal
Ducado
notloyalenuffroyal Not going to join in the slanging.

It is a shame that a simple gesture couldn't actually be shared.

Why don't City approach the the club and STAR, say "we are doing ths to honour our fans and would like you to join us by doing the same with your own fans"?

This then demonstrates a positive atmosphere, We would appreciate the gesture and everyone is happy. Too late now I suppose, but maybe some of the pleasant gentlemen who have popped on to the forum could pass it on for future reference.

Oh and fcuk off newbies!

To be honest it's a City thing, like I said the club has always been pretty close to the fans

Yes. BUT. This is how it looks....
"oh - you know what - we're going to make an opposition club stand around and think about our deceased players / fans etc before playing a football match. Ooh I know. We'll make their fans stand there in silence too. That'll go well."

Idiotic. A small gesture of "To those dearly departed from both City and Reading in the past year" would ensure all would respect the minute and create an atmosphere of decency at football match and a certain amount of respect to your dear club.

Rather than the ME ME ME ME ME WE'VE GOT LOADS OF MONEY SO DO WHAT WE SAY attitude that this slightly smacks of, and from your posts - read like!

Now this really does make sense! A small gesture of ....."To those dearly departed from both City and Reading in the past year" would ensure all would respect the minute and create an atmosphere of decency at football match and a certain amount of respect to your dear club.

....And please make sure that your crew give the coin back after the toss......

Ducado

by Ducado » 21 Dec 2012 23:34

Hang about you are visiting our club for want of a better word you are guests of the club you visit, it's nothing to do with City having money, it's just something City do as a club and have done for a long time, I have never net anyone who has a problem with it, the club respects it's fans, it means a lot to us

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 22 Dec 2012 00:09

Ducado Hang about you are visiting our club for want of a better word you are guests of the club you visit, it's nothing to do with City having money, it's just something City do as a club and have done for a long time, I have never net anyone who has a problem with it, the club respects it's fans, it means a lot to us

But why not respect another club's fans too?

If you happen to pop over to mine for a cheeky Christmas snowball in the next week or two I won't just talk about me and my dearly departed Gran. I'll actually ask how you are, shake your hand and ask how your "mam" (or however you say it) is.

Respect. Decency. Common courtesy. "Welcome Reading, thanks for coming, join us in showing respect for ALL dearly departed from BOTH clubs". Simple.

It's not difficult and it might just make you think of someone else for a change.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 22 Dec 2012 00:39

notloyalenuffroyal It's not difficult and it might just make you think of someone else for a change.

Stop being so

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 22 Dec 2012 01:56

Have to admit that I lost patience before reading everything in this thread before responding but still, I have a great friend who is a city fan and as a result have watched citeh in many a division. I have always found city fans to be a friendly and grounded bunch, the question of oil money is something endemic to our football, and lets be honest, if Anton was investing that type of money in our club none of us would complain, so lets remember what makes us great as a club before slagging everyone else off eh?

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 22 Dec 2012 02:10

thirtyyarder Have to admit that I lost patience before reading everything in this thread before responding but still, I have a great friend who is a city fan and as a result have watched citeh in many a division. I have always found city fans to be a friendly and grounded bunch, the question of oil money is something endemic to our football, and lets be honest, if Anton was investing that type of money in our club none of us would complain, so lets remember what makes us great as a club before slagging everyone else off eh?

+1 this

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 22 Dec 2012 02:35

Jesus cristo, I'm thinking like an American! Where did it all go wrong??!!

:wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Dec 2012 02:38

Lol at city. If there was ever a club that it can be said bought their success it's city, manchester's nobody team.

I hope the reading away supporters give a good old fashioned "where we're you when you were shit" chant tomorrow, whether or not it's during their rather wet minute of silence is up to them.

FFS come on, ppl die every day and worse. Why not hold a minutes silence every game? Makes a mockery of a minute to me. Nice gesture but a bit pointless tbh

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Dec 2012 02:44

thirtyyarder Have to admit that I lost patience before reading everything in this thread before responding but still, I have a great friend who is a city fan and as a result have watched citeh in many a division. I have always found city fans to be a friendly and grounded bunch, the question of oil money is something endemic to our football, and lets be honest, if Anton was investing that type of money in our club none of us would complain, so lets remember what makes us great as a club before slagging everyone else off eh?

I f*cking we,l would, and would likely sto supprting Reading tbh. I'm sorry but oil money in the west is the dirtiest of all money, responsible for so many Illegal wars, regime changes and lives lost and ruined that it makes 911 look like a comedy. There are no excuses for western oil merchants, quite possibly the most evil people on the face of the planet, infinitely more evil than "Islamists". Would we be complaining if our money was coming from Islamist terrorists? I bloody well hope so.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 22 Dec 2012 07:29

2 world wars, 1 world cup

I f*cking we,l would, and would likely sto supprting Reading tbh. I'm sorry but oil money in the west is the dirtiest of all money, responsible for so many Illegal wars, regime changes and lives lost and ruined that it makes 911 look like a comedy. There are no excuses for western oil merchants, quite possibly the most evil people on the face of the planet, infinitely more evil than "Islamists". Would we be complaining if our money was coming from Islamist terrorists? I bloody well hope so.

Agreed +1 and some, and lets be frank most Citeh fans are the ones that are now so up em selves and rub it it everyones faces, just under a Billion spent and still cant win in Europe..............

The Cube

by The Cube » 22 Dec 2012 07:41

Should have mentioned that another possible reason for the high death rate among Manchester City fans is justified homicide against irritating teenage keyboard warriors.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Dec 2012 07:48

This thread is bonkers.

Why would any Reading fan give a toss about Man City?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Dec 2012 09:26

BenReadingFC
notloyalenuffroyal It's not difficult and it might just make you think of someone else for a change.

Stop being so

fishy? :shock:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Dec 2012 12:03

.....whereas of course Russian billionaires make their money by being so nice to their felllow men.
Back to topic and to those that say Reading should be included and naughty arrogant City shouldn't just be thinking of their own at their own stadium shouldn't our idiot cringeworthy PA man be advocating that away fans should back their own boyz and make some noiz?
A goood gesture IMHO by City , a club that has always been in touch with it's fans and doesn't just regard them as customers or consumers.

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 22 Dec 2012 13:30

Now that I'm slightly soberer (?) I just want to add that while I agree with what you say regarding the dirtiness of oil money I have long since accepted the world of football, and in fact almost anything that has huge quantities of money sloshing around it, to be a corrupt cess pit of twisted morals and stepped upon nice guys. Arguing that our own billionaire is less of a prick than the sheikhs is in my opinion akin to arguing who you would like to bottle more, john terry or Ashley cole.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 22 Dec 2012 15:21

Ducado
Royal Ginger Aye, the core of your Bluemoon supporters aren't the issue, no problems there, but you've got more than your fair share of glory hunting plastics. Every promoted team has a few, but you didn't see many city shirts out and about down this way 10 years ago, now however... it's amazing what purchasing a trophy can do.

You won't see any at the ground! It's bound to happen, it's one way clubs make money, the sale of merchandise

As for purchasing a trophy, if you can't beat them join them, there was no other way I am afraid, there was a monopoly in English football , and no club could break it, that's life I am afraid, as fans we are over the moon

I don't have a problem with Reading and I wish you well (apart from tomorrow) I hope you stay up and became a regular team, and then maybe soem of you can get over their inferiority complex

I wouldn't worry mate. If we do stay up Anton's dad is likely to get involved and we will no
Doubt begin spunking silly money around. You won't hear any complaints then