Jobi jeered when subbed - drop or not to drop?

Would you drop McAnuff?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 106
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jobi jeered when subbed - drop or not to drop?

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2012 23:21

I am a huge McAnuff fan & like many others have said he does the ugly stuff well. Ran his arse off today.

Esteban

by Esteban » 31 Dec 2012 11:51

MmmMonsterMunch I am a huge McAnuff fan & like many others have said he does the ugly stuff well. Ran his arse off today.

This. He struggled to get into the game against Swansea in an attacking role and was rightly substituted, but HRK didn't really offer much more. And the defensive shift he put in against Swansea definitely helped to get them playing less possession football in the second half, which ultimately led to us getting a clean sheet and creating some chances late on.

And as for being captain these days, I think it's of more importance to the other players than anybody else and as long as they are happy with him doing the job, then that's good enough for me.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Dec 2012 14:18

Cookie
2 world wars, 1 world cup Jobi was one of my favourite players when he joined, but everything changed when the poor lad was made to play left wing. Did the gentleman ever complain? Throw toys out the pram like Guthrie? Of course not.

when he plays right side consistently he's a different player. I feel sorry for him that hes ousted by kebe and doesn't have a solid side of the pitch to work on.

Hes a good lad but I guess there's nothing wrong with healthy competition.

I agree with you mate.
We hear Jobi getting a lot of stick from fans around us, while Guthrie gets nowt.

He's very clearly the manager's choice, and if you watch games closely you begin to see why.
His work rate is phenominal and he does the unspectacular things well, like the clearance he made today when our defence just couldn't get rid.
He fills in and covers in defence and mid field when needed allowing McDermott more flexibility with his substitutions.

I'm not especially a fan of his, but I do think he's one of our better players.

Well said.