Church

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Church

by melonhead » 30 Dec 2012 17:29

OldBiscuit Its a shame that so many of you have short memories to go with your little dicks. Big and brave to slag some one off anonymously, Harte, and then Church. Ok he may not be a premier league striker but a good championship one though. Put his heart into his every Reading performance. Can't forget his massive contribution with 2 goals in a 3-0 win December last year when we beat the team we love to beat the most. Give the boy a break!
Good luck Simon wherever you go.

:lol: this^^^the end

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 30 Dec 2012 17:31

Albert Spangler
USA_Loyal_Royal onsides.

Yanks can be so sweet :lol:

:(

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 30 Dec 2012 17:33

Agree with the sentiment of Oldbiscuit's post but I would have thought Church would be a good standard League One player rather than championship tbh.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Dec 2012 17:33

i said-the end-damnit

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 30 Dec 2012 17:36

melonhead
OldBiscuit Its a shame that so many of you have short memories to go with your little dicks. Big and brave to slag some one off anonymously, Harte, and then Church. Ok he may not be a premier league striker but a good championship one though. Put his heart into his every Reading performance. Can't forget his massive contribution with 2 goals in a 3-0 win December last year when we beat the team we love to beat the most. Give the boy a break!

:lol: this^^^the end

the lad does have heart. keep in mind he is young and has shown flashes of brilliance. his workrate is awesome, he could very well end up being a good championship striker, who knows. good luck to him wherever he goes, what he did for us last season means the world to me as well as every other royals fan.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 30 Dec 2012 18:00

USA_Loyal_Royal
urz13
USA_Loyal_Royal THIS. omg this. i cant tell you how many times last season i shouted GOD DAMMIT CHURCH STAY THE oxf*rd ONSIDES! during a match.

Probably not very many based on your username.

lol i do watch a fair few matches on livestreams when i am not working. last year i caught almost every match and church never seemed to be onsides. :roll:

I call BS. I'd love to know which sites have streams of almost every championship game. I know a fair few people who are lucky if they can find one championship game for their club per season, let alone almost every one.

Not that it matters :wink:

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 30 Dec 2012 18:23

lol i do watch a fair few matches on livestreams when i am not working. last year i caught almost every match and church never seemed to be onsides. :roll:[/quote]
I call BS. I'd love to know which sites have streams of almost every championship game. I know a fair few people who are lucky if they can find one championship game for their club per season, let alone almost every one.

Not that it matters :wink:[/quote]
oleleotv and vipbox always worked for me.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 30 Dec 2012 18:35

Most definitely this.

Not our best player, but a player who alway's gives everything and scored some important goals last year.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 30 Dec 2012 20:14

Touching contribution, Mrs Church.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth amongst all dicks large and small, your boy Simon, sadly, still has some way to go to prove he's good enough for the Championship

PS. I have a medium sized dick. HTH

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Dec 2012 23:28

Woodcote Royal

Touching contribution, Mrs Church.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth amongst all dicks large and small, your boy Simon, sadly, still has some way to go to prove he's good enough for the Championship

PS. I have a medium sized dick. HTH

What a pointless BS response to the best post on this thread.

As well as the opening thread.

If you don't like him, keep it it to yourself.

He might not have been in our top 4 but he is by no means a bad striker, scoring some vital goals for us. He can do well in the champ for sure. Just because you guys haven't got the best out of him, what's that got to do with us?

If you don't like him, don't buy him. Now piss off back up north.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 Dec 2012 00:23

It was the worst and most childish post of the thread.....................................accusing those who don't rate Church of having "little dicks" FFS :|

And, WTF has "not liking" the player got to do with anything?

FWIW, he seems like a nice guy but for every decent match he has 10 sh*t ones. I can honestly say that in the last 3 seasons I've seen more sh*t games from Church than any other Reading player and, guess what? Yet again he's been out on loan and bombed.

I hope Simon will be one of the privileged few who finds a level within the game where he can make a living but right now League One seems his most likely destination..................................and if Old Biscuit doesn't care for my opinion, he can go fcuk himself :|

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 31 Dec 2012 20:37

Handbags away ladies, the real handbags is here.

As previously stated many on here could have told you he wasn't anywhere near Championship standard. There was a joke around these parts back in 1997 after Quinn/Gooding departed that suggested the reason we got Terry Bullivant in as manager was because we'd already had the TB printed on the tracksuits after Tommy Burns turned us down at the time. I think the same may have happened 10 years later as Simon Cox departed so we gave his first team spot to Simon Church. Unfortunately Church isn't good enough to wash Cox's boots.

He will leave in 2013, when is unknown obviously as none of us have crystal balls (I, however, have balls of steel instead), but if he makes it as a Championship player then I will eat Compo's Hat. His workrate is excellent, some of his movement extremely intelligent (at one point it was suggested Rafa Benitez was looking at him when at Liverpool) but his physical attributes just don't stack up. He is lightweight, his touch is utterly p*ss-poor, worse than Shane Long's was when he was younger, he has no aerial presence and he cannot hold the ball up. He snatches at a lot of things and misses sitters like they're going out of fashion. However he still finished as one of our top scorers in 2009/2010. He can pretty much be summed up in one game, Crystal Palace away in February 2010 - scored a superb first time volley, scored a tap in from 6 yards, yet missed an absolute sitter of a one-on-one when he was put clean through 40 yards out after beating the offside trap with great movement, only to fail to even get a shot away.

He has given us some good memories, some memorable goals - the winner at home to Donny after being 3-1 down with half an hour to go, the winner against Forest at the City Ground with 2 minutes to go having just been pegged back to 3-3, his first for us at Peterborough to put us 2-0 up (although we went on to lose 3-2, the first signs of Reading fans losing faith with Rodgers), the two goals v West Ham last season at home...but the sitters missed far outweigh the goals scored. If he was a lethal striker like Le Fondre has shown he can be he would have 20 goals a season even though his all-round play is poor.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 31 Dec 2012 20:40

Hopefully we can get 500k for him this window. Otherwise he will go on a free in the summer. Championship player at best. Like the guy but not up to it at this level

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 31 Dec 2012 20:59

handbags_harris Handbags away ladies, the real handbags is here.

As previously stated many on here could have told you he wasn't anywhere near Championship standard. There was a joke around these parts back in 1997 after Quinn/Gooding departed that suggested the reason we got Terry Bullivant in as manager was because we'd already had the TB printed on the tracksuits after Tommy Burns turned us down at the time. I think the same may have happened 10 years later as Simon Cox departed so we gave his first team spot to Simon Church. Unfortunately Church isn't good enough to wash Cox's boots.

He will leave in 2013, when is unknown obviously as none of us have crystal balls (I, however, have balls of steel instead), but if he makes it as a Championship player then I will eat Compo's Hat. His workrate is excellent, some of his movement extremely intelligent (at one point it was suggested Rafa Benitez was looking at him when at Liverpool) but his physical attributes just don't stack up. He is lightweight, his touch is utterly p*ss-poor, worse than Shane Long's was when he was younger, he has no aerial presence and he cannot hold the ball up. He snatches at a lot of things and misses sitters like they're going out of fashion. However he still finished as one of our top scorers in 2009/2010. He can pretty much be summed up in one game, Crystal Palace away in February 2010 - scored a superb first time volley, scored a tap in from 6 yards, yet missed an absolute sitter of a one-on-one when he was put clean through 40 yards out after beating the offside trap with great movement, only to fail to even get a shot away.

He has given us some good memories, some memorable goals - the winner at home to Donny after being 3-1 down with half an hour to go, the winner against Forest at the City Ground with 2 minutes to go having just been pegged back to 3-3, his first for us at Peterborough to put us 2-0 up (although we went on to lose 3-2, the first signs of Reading fans losing faith with Rodgers), the two goals v West Ham last season at home...but the sitters missed far outweigh the goals scored. If he was a lethal striker like Le Fondre has shown he can be he would have 20 goals a season even though his all-round play is poor.

A pretty good summary Handbags.
IMHO he runs about a lot and........well,he runs about a lot.
He can't jump nor head a ball and is chicken-he makes Robson-Kanu and Jobi look brave.
If Milwall or anybody is stupid enough to give us money we should grab it.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 01 Jan 2013 09:35

£250K/£300K at most. No one will be queing up for Church. May include an add on % of resale just in case he astounds us all and actually makes it as a striker.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 01 Jan 2013 22:46

OldBiscuit Ok he may not be a premier league striker but a good championship one though
Funny, when we were in the Championship there were a few on here suggesting he might be better suited to the Premiership.

Church was told he could leave as he's 5th choice striker, However if the other 4 were injured I imagine we would sign 2 more, possibly on loan and he'd be 7th choice. This scenario won't change if we were relegated. He had his chance when Shane Long was sold and we were yet to sign Le Fondre & Roberts. He was unable to get ahead of the only other two strikers Hunt and Mansett, In fact Robson Kanu also played up front and looked a threat..... maybe he was injured, I can't remember.

Shane Long didn't look the part when he joined but we were able to develop him (had no choice really due to lack of funds) into a £6m striker, Either this hasn't worked for Church or he's just not good enough. IIRC Simon Cox wasn't either but he seemed to do okay after leaving.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 01 Jan 2013 22:51

USA_Loyal_Royal lol i do watch a fair few matches on livestreams when i am not working. last year i caught almost every match and church never seemed to be onsides. :roll:

Not that it matters :wink:[/quote]
oleleotv and vipbox always worked for me.[/quote]

Bollox, i use those too. 4 or 5 a season that's it. Utter BS merchant.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 02 Jan 2013 02:26

Royal Ginger
USA_Loyal_Royal lol i do watch a fair few matches on livestreams when i am not working. last year i caught almost every match and church never seemed to be onsides. :roll:

Not that it matters :wink:

oleleotv and vipbox always worked for me.[/quote]

Bollox, i use those too. 4 or 5 a season that's it. Utter BS merchant.[/quote]

have i ever given you a reason to doubt me? cause i sure as hell am not lying, i watched so many matches last season using those two streams...i dont know why you werent able to find our matches but i did watch a lot of them.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 02 Jan 2013 02:37

HuddersLad
marcusopp
HuddersLad Well it's upto you what you do with him, he played his last game for us yesterday.

We do not want him back permanently or back on loan, he is League 1 at best.

Ha ha, i've got a mate who supports wycombe, he also said he's shit!
He seems like a nice enough bloke, but he's soft as shit and offers nothing. He's the sort of forward i love playing against in amateur football.

Now we'd love Morrison back but i know he's developed into a very good CB :D

i wouldnt say Morisson is a very good CB at the mo, he's played ok but he's been caught out position several times. To be fair though he has stepped up from L1 to prem is such short time, not many players can do that. I think he will develop into a good CB given time/games.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 02 Jan 2013 09:19

Woodcote Royal It was the worst and most childish post of the thread.....................................accusing those who don't rate Church of having "little dicks" FFS :|
It's a fishing attempt, For the love of God don't fall for it & upload photos of your knob... the children, the children, will someone please think of the children... in a non Jimmy Saville way.