Pogs Future

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pog to stay?

by St. Brynjar » 07 May 2013 17:10

There is a thread about 4 below this one entitled 'Pog's Future', was it really to much of an effort to post this there?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pogs Future

by Reading4eva » 07 May 2013 18:45

Only 3 more years of bleeding the club dry but taking 50k a week and doing diddly squat for it.

Rather he went to Fulham and we got Lukaku! Some of you have been in the sun too long it's making you spout crap

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 07 May 2013 18:52

Terminal Boardom
Esteban Only if he gets some decent service. Unfortunately, he hasn't had that all season, even under Adkins.

Firstly, NA has made us a little tighter at the back. Secondly, he has improved the quality of football on offer. Next step will be to improve the number of chances created going forward. 13 efforts on target against Fulham is a highly impressive return and evidence that this is happening. Let's wait and see what NA and Co can do in the summer.

Agree with this. Watching McCleary v Fulham he kept getting into fantastic positions, attacked and then ... chose the wrong option. A little bit of coaching and wow.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 07 May 2013 19:05

Reading4eva Only 3 more years of bleeding the club dry but taking 50k a week and doing diddly squat for it.

Rather he went to Fulham and we got Lukaku! Some of you have been in the sun too long it's making you spout crap

what "source" told u that?...you are the f*cking master at making up worthless crap............PRICELESS

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 07 May 2013 19:20

Archetypal mercenary. Used his brief spell at Fulham to gain a move to someone a bit wet behind the ears who would handsomely reward him with a decent paycheque for very little.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 07 May 2013 19:46

Royalclapper Archetypal mercenary. Used his brief spell at Fulham to gain a move to someone a bit wet behind the ears who would handsomely reward him with a decent paycheque for very little.

Finally someone who is talking sense. Your a sensible one pal ;)

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 07 May 2013 19:53

windermere_royal
Reading4eva Only 3 more years of bleeding the club dry but taking 50k a week and doing diddly squat for it.

what "source" told u that?...you are the f*cking master at making up worthless crap............PRICELESS

I honestly think he's appalling his decision making is non existent, he seems disinterested... One of our worst signings ever. At least with Doyle we know he can score regularly at this level.

I would drive him to wherever he wants to go... On the form he's been showing, it's either Bournemouth or Doncaster that's his level

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 07 May 2013 20:42

Reading4eva
windermere_royal

I honestly think he's appalling his decision making is non existent, he seems disinterested... One of our worst signings ever. At least with Doyle we know he can score regularly at this level.

I would drive him to wherever he wants to go... On the form he's been showing, it's either Bournemouth or Doncaster that's his level

Really, 8 Premier League goals and you're putting him on Bongani Khumalo level? Worse than Brian Howard? Emerse Fae? JOHN F*CKING HALLS?

He's the most isolated player I've ever seen. Feed him properly and we've seen that he can do the business. If decision making grinds your gears then you must HATE McAnuff.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 May 2013 07:16

Reading4eva
windermere_royal

Really? :roll:

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 08 May 2013 07:33

He's only on 40k a week and his contract will include a relegation clause. Last time we got relegated Doyle and Hunt both signed new deals on 30k a week. Pog won't be on that and pretty sure Doyle was on 5k a goal that season, so those consecutive hattricks cost us an extra 15k a week.

There will be some player outgoings that is true, but if Pog was to play in the championship, I'm pretty sure he'd get 20 goals. On the other hand there is Nicola Zigic

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 May 2013 07:53

gazzer, loyal royal He's only on 40k a week and his contract will include a relegation clause. Last time we got relegated Doyle and Hunt both signed new deals on 30k a week. Pog won't be on that and pretty sure Doyle was on 5k a goal that season, so those consecutive hattricks cost us an extra 15k a week.

There will be some player outgoings that is true, but if Pog was to play in the championship, I'm pretty sure he'd get 20 goals. On the other hand there is Nicola Zigic

Do you think both Pog and Alf will stay?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 08 May 2013 07:55

loyalroyal4life
gazzer, loyal royal He's only on 40k a week and his contract will include a relegation clause. Last time we got relegated Doyle and Hunt both signed new deals on 30k a week. Pog won't be on that and pretty sure Doyle was on 5k a goal that season, so those consecutive hattricks cost us an extra 15k a week.

Do you think both Pog and Alf will stay?

No idea, about Pog. It's a world cup year, he'll be 34 by the time the next one comes round, so my personal guess is that he'll want to leave to he can play in the World Cup. Don't see a reason why ALF would go unless we got a ridiculous offer for him

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 08 May 2013 08:21

Zigic is the tall Birmingham carthorse isn't he?

That's how I fear how Pog will turn out - enormously expensive and ineffectual. We have to get rid of Pogrbnyak if we can, even if it only a season-long loan abroad somewhere. There is no point having him in the championship if the premiership couldn't motivate him to try a bit harder. Get rid of Le Fondre as well, because he can only play in a 4-1-5 system when we are a goal or two down. Buy some new expensive strikers and everybody will feel optimistic about the new season.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 May 2013 08:30

Zigic is the cautionary tale really.

I do like Pogrebnyak as I think i've got a natural affinity to tall people asked to play up front on their own. It's extremely hard to score goals. I can see why people don't like him as a player though - doesn't win long balls as he can't get off the ground, looks a bit clumsy sometimes.

Still think he'd bang them in playing for us in the Championship if he was surrounded by good players for that level.

yappy

by yappy » 08 May 2013 09:08

St. Brynjar Really, 8 Premier League goals and you're putting him on Bongani Khumalo level? Worse than Brian Howard? Emerse Fae? JOHN F*CKING HALLS?

It's actually only 5 league goals, his 3 other goals came in the cups, which is a pretty poor return. I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Fae, but considering the wages we're giving him, I fail to see how so far Pog is nothing but a flop.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 May 2013 12:02

Maguire Zigic is the cautionary tale really.

I do like Pogrebnyak as I think i've got a natural affinity to tall people asked to play up front on their own. It's extremely hard to score goals. I can see why people don't like him as a player though - doesn't win long balls as he can't get off the ground, looks a bit clumsy sometimes.

Still think he'd bang them in playing for us in the Championship if he was surrounded by good players for that level.

I think your description is good. I'd expect him to net at least 15. If he was playing with ALF and they played 40 games each, I'd expect them to reach a combined tally of 35 or greater.

I get the feeling people have a downer on him because he tends to collapse under pressure from a CB when trying to take down a high ball and doesn't jump well - so looks clumsy -, isn't that pacey, and has often been left isolated and trying to do something with the ball with no support and three defenders around him.

He's not helped himself in the last couple of games by losing his superb finishing and missing three or four good chances. But hey, they guy had barely got the opportunity to shoot for the previous two months, so it's understandable he's a bit rusty.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 May 2013 12:12

Royalclapper Archetypal mercenary. Used his brief spell at Fulham to gain a move to someone a bit wet behind the ears who would handsomely reward him with a decent paycheque for very little.

I do find the "6 goals in 12" a little :| - if you look at it as 3 goals in 11 it's not so great. And after a few games he quickly went off the boil there..

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 08 May 2013 12:32

maffff

I do find the "6 goals in 12" a little :| - if you look at it as 3 goals in 11 it's not so great. And after a few games he quickly went off the boil there..

If you look at it as 0 goals in 9 it's actually pretty rubbish.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 May 2013 12:35

SPARTA Dellor believes Pog told a Russian journo that he wants to stay in England and would be happy to play in the Championship.

I can't see that. I think he'll be one of the first out of the door.

Well, he's proved he isn't a Premier League player, so maybe he'll find his level in the Championship.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 08 May 2013 12:43

Cant see too many clubs wanting him tbh well....not prem ones.Hes kinda like Roberts in a way in that there is more to his game than scoring goals.

Just because he isnt banging them in it dont mean hes shit.I think keeping Le Fondre is paramount to us.

Roberts,Le Fondre and Pog would be a pretty good strike force to have next season.With Roberts though it all depends on if he can recover enough from this injury