We are going up!

FridaysGhost

Re: We are going up!

by FridaysGhost » 31 Aug 2013 21:49

You are mad. :lol: Kondogbia? :lol: he definitely would have picked us over Sevilla (or Monaco now) Zaha would pick United over us, and Rhodes is a good striker, but you seem to want to spend 10million on him? :lol: And to top it off, you think it is ok for a club like us to spend £50million :lol:
There was always a chance that we could get relegated, and if we had got relegated, after spending that money, we would have been screwed[/quote]

Maths is a bit of a mystery to you, I presume?
If you're too thick to understand the post - DON'T REPLY!

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 31 Aug 2013 21:51

:lol: you are entertaining

redscot

by redscot » 31 Aug 2013 21:55

FridaysGhost p.p.s Apologies, I had forgotten Melonhead. She needs a Twitter accont!

FridaysGhost> Why not just make it easy for yourself and let Slammed take everybody with 5 digits posts. (I would keep Snowball, while not always understanding his way of thinking, it dishes out hope towards the end of season...)

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 31 Aug 2013 22:13

Kebe's apprentice :lol: you are entertaining

Unlike yourself!

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 31 Aug 2013 22:28

FridaysGhost p.s. Please take Ian_Royal with you, I have never seen such a total twat take so much time on a fan website whilst saying so little - none of it of any use!

You really are nucking futs :shock:

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 31 Aug 2013 22:36

AirRaidSiren
FridaysGhost p.s. Please take Ian_Royal with you, I have never seen such a total twat take so much time on a fan website whilst saying so little - none of it of any use!

You really are nucking futs :shock:

Sorry, I forgot about you, as unforgettable as you are. Give us all a break and stop posting cr*p (or stop posting, it's the same thing!). Leave the site to fans who want to say something sensible.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2013 22:54

I'm recognising behaviour described the last time I did mental health awareness training.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2013 23:19

Stevie G Whooshing aside, if the result was 3 points then fair play, however if the result was a team back on track then some are deluded. Went to the game today, we were awful, and given those on show were on the whole those who picked up under NA at the end of last season, and showed real promise in the early games this season, then I can only assume that the team are seriously unsettled, perhaps there's an agenda being played out. I fear all the talk of 3 signings will also result in very little that contributes in the short term to the first 11, so it will continue to be a bumpy ride with hope in the management that it will come together and we'll have a run that just gets us over the line. Yeovil were there for the tking, we were promised a backlash and the early intent an immediate return to the Prem, I'm feeling zhort changed. Wonder if Nigel will get his second post in tonight.

Good post.

To be fair we haven't just shown promise. The first half against Watford was some of the most incredible football we've played since Coppell's days or EVER according to BBCRB. That's not just a glimmer of promise it's the result of hard work coming into fruition. You're absolutely right though we're simply unsettled. Who wouldn't be after Kebe's antics? And so close to the window end not knowing if they're going to be ousted by a newcomer?

Let the window close, let Kebe go screw his injured selfish disloyal backside out of this place and Adkins' hard work will shine again unhindered.

The important thing in this game wasnt to suddenly be magically unsettled right in the thick of transfer rumours and uncertainty, it was simply to have the mental strength to get a job done in the thick of it and to keep a clean sheet. We did that marvellously. The team will undoubtedly settle soon and we will look forward to more Watford first half performances before long.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Aug 2013 23:20

FridaysGhost the actual facts outlined

what actual facts? That we could have bought the 3 players you named who we certainly could not have bought? Kondogbia? seriously? The guy Real Madrid and Arsenal were tracking. The guy who signed for one of the richest clubs in the world?

Zaha who was bought in January for something in the region of 15 million? How in hell do you honestly think we could have got him? 1) why would he come to us? 2) where would we get the money from?

I wont even comment on the third one but seriously you should go back to Football Manager.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 02 Sep 2013 07:18

Is this the deluded thread "We are going up" I ask myself.

At present we are team being assembled by Adkins to play attractive football with no end product.

A few new signings today (one being a striker up front who can hold the ball and link play ), an injection of pace you never know.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2013 08:07

NewCorkSeth
FridaysGhost the actual facts outlined

what actual facts? That we could have bought the 3 players you named who we certainly could not have bought? Kondogbia? seriously? The guy Real Madrid and Arsenal were tracking. The guy who signed for one of the richest clubs in the world?

Zaha who was bought in January for something in the region of 15 million? How in hell do you honestly think we could have got him? 1) why would he come to us? 2) where would we get the money from?

I wont even comment on the third one but seriously you should go back to Football Manager.

Thing is with Zaha, I believe we had an offer in the area of £8m accepted but he did not want to talk to us. He clearly knew that someone like Utd were in the frame. Short of kidnapping him, there's not a lot more we could have done. Likewise Kondogbia, you would be seriously deluded if you think that just about any player, given the choice would pick us over Sevilla?

Rhodes, now there's the old chestnut. £8m for a player who at the time had next to no experience above League I can understand why the club baulked at the fee.

As for this season, lets see where we are at the end of today.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Sep 2013 09:03

3 points at home, 1 point away is the usual rule to get promoted

So far, slightly unsettled, still gelling,and we are close to that

The good stuff, one half at Bolton, first half v Watford, a great 5-10 mins at Yeovil, will become more regular and more extended.

HRK off form, Kebe, Pog simply miserable, the transfer window and a lot of changes at FB, and Adkins still trying to decide on his best 11, I'm happy with W2 D2 L1 (should be 2-3-0 and could easily have been 3-2-0)

PS I think we are missing L-Wood and would have had more points had he been fit and played

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Sep 2013 09:07

Snowball PS I think we are missing L-Wood and would have had more points had he been fit and played

Good to see the comedy that Seb intended on this thread is back

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 02 Sep 2013 09:18

Snowball (should be 2-3-0 and could easily have been 3-2-0)

Can you do this right through the season please? It'll be nice to know where we should have finished.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Sep 2013 09:40

Now hang on a minute there. I protest. Surely that award Is mine!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Sep 2013 09:42

Sebastian Nothing wrong with a bit of positivity. We were derailed there for a short while in page 2 due to some bickering - but I hope we positive fans can get back on track. As I said before, all we need IMO is a holding midfielder and a winger.
:lol:

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 02 Sep 2013 09:46

Great result, it's almost like you can barely see as much of the cracks beneath the tracing paper any more.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 03 Sep 2013 12:15

ALL ABOARD THE PROMOTION TRAIN.

NEXT STOP: THE PREMIERSHIP

CHOO CHOO.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Sep 2013 22:27

How long's the redevelopment of Reading Station going to take? It'd be a bugger if they just finish up and pack all the tools and barriers and workmen away, only to have to knock it all down and start again so they can fit in another promotion picture.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 23 Sep 2013 23:10

Ouroboros ALL ABOARD THE PROMOTION TRAIN.

NEXT STOP: THE PREMIERSHIP

CHOO CHOO.

Renamed THE PREMIER LEAGUE years ago, m8!