BFTG - Brighton

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Brighton

by frimmers3 » 05 Jan 2014 09:26

genome http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?292766-Reading-quot-hooligans-quot

Hooligans? :lol:

"Listen you slaaaaags. I know some of Reading's Top Boys so don't give them no disrespect.

No one takes the mickey with the Waitrose Massiv, Savvy? I know someone who got a bit lippy with them and they were left in a heap afterwards with only a John Lewis loyalty card and a half drunk bottle of Prosecco as evidence that they'd been given a bit of a slap. They're like ninjas, except they drive Range Rover Evokes."

Gawd Bless the Queen Mum and Heston Blumenthal

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 05 Jan 2014 11:31

Will95 Was just talking to my dad who's been watching us since the early 80's and he told me no matter how crap the football has been he's never seen us play less interesting and less exciting football.

Whilst I am firmly Adkins in still (slowly losing patience though), this type of football is simply not good enough. Playing with no urgency, no desire to score is simply not good enough to have me and other fans paying each week to see. All I want is some pace to our game, some desire and all of a sudden the game is more exciting and much better money spent. This is dull and I am fed up of going to every game to watch boring shit. If we're not good enough right now, fine, but at least give it a damn good go not fanny about being boring as oxf*rd.

That is actually my main gripe. From the evidence of the last couple of months of last season I was expecting us to win a few, lose a few and not draw that many but play a passing game with a bit of tempo and be exciting to watch win, lose or draw.

But instead as the season has progressed we've gone into our shell and the pace has become slow and predictable, almost as if we're trying to bore the opposition so much they fall asleep. I also think that our best formation may be with 3 at the back with wing backs giving our width and 2 up front

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Jan 2014 11:37

Mr Angry As for the AMEX, excellent stadium, with fantastic pies and stewards. They even had an ice-rink in the away concourse......

I'm sure those pies more than made up for the result.

:wink:

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 05 Jan 2014 11:49

At the moment we are all fart and no poo.

Thought first half was awful we were shocking. Never looked like getting anywhere near their goal. Feds could do nothing for the goal, and made a fantastic save to tip a shot onto the bar.

Second half, we looked more lively, and created two decent chances. Alf should have got his header on target and Taylor should have scored right at the end.

Taylor and Kelly were crap. Not sure if Taylor touched the ball more than 5 times. MOTM was Feds.

Go to say the stewards were excellent. My old man is partially sighted, so we complained about he floor before the game. We were meant to be in row b but tried to move back. Dad got a seat and I stood in the aisle. The steward asked me to go to my seat, when I explained I couldn't leave dad, etc they moved us to new seats at the back left of the stand. Only bad thing was we were behind those mong kids. The Brighton description of them doesn't due justice to how bad they were

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 05 Jan 2014 12:14

AthleticoSpizz The more I see. the more I hear about Guthrie

The more I dont want him at our club anymore.... in a Matt Mills kind of way

I never wanted him here tbf. He's a good (if limited) player, but unfortunately not nearly as good as he believes he is. As I said from the very start, he's a bad egg.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2014 13:22

gazzer, loyal royal Only bad thing was we were behind those mong kids. The Brighton description of them doesn't due justice to how bad they were

What were they doing? Gesturing to the home fans?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 05 Jan 2014 13:44

I haven't seen that many idiots travel with Reading for a long time.

10 quid tickets + xmas money from nan obviously contrived us to be overrun with the yoof club - who from next week will be back in detention where they belong (sadly not at Her Majesty's pleasure)

Their desperate attempts to appear menacing were delusions of grandeur, and only succeeded in scaring our own OAPs and young children who were in the vicinity :oops: :x

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2014 13:46

Cureton's Volley I haven't seen that many idiots travel with Reading for a long time.

10 quid tickets + xmas money from nan obviously contrived us to be overrun with the yoof club - who from next week will be back in detention where they belong (sadly not at Her Majesty's pleasure)

Their desperate attempts to appear menacing were delusions of grandeur, and only succeeded in scaring our own OAPs and young children who were in the vicinity :oops: :x

I didn't notice anything from where I was - dead centre, at the back behind goal. I did see the guys being removed for breaking a seat though.

I also saw a sh*t load of stewards between Brighton and Reading fans.

Funny how many Police Officers were there and Reading don't really use them - well not that much anyway.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Jan 2014 13:48

Cureton's Volley only succeeded in scaring our own OAPs and young children who were in the vicinity :oops: :x

READING FC - won't somebody think of the children :lol:

If children don't like fruity language at football then they shouldn't be there.

Not that I attended, 'bviously.

LOL @ dropping your best player (Pog, I am referring to) when you've scored 1 goal in your last 3 matches (and that through a right back).

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Jan 2014 13:58

Cureton's Volley I haven't seen that many idiots travel with Reading for a long time.

Was listening to a couple of yoofs chat in the toilets at half time.
They were either massively pissed or just retarded.
Anyway they were getting all hyped up about having a fag in the toilet cubicles.
Bad man ting! :roll:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jan 2014 14:05

P!ssed Off

Was listening to a couple of yoofs chat in the toilets at half time.
They were either massively pissed or just retarded.
Anyway they were getting all hyped up about having a fag in the toilet cubicles.
Bad man ting! :roll:

When in Rome I s'pose.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 05 Jan 2014 14:16

There was alot of talk on the radio about bad body language from the coaching staff after we conceded and when players made mistakes

Was this apparent at the game at all?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 05 Jan 2014 14:37

The younger ones on the left couldn't hurt a fly, it was funny seeing them trying to act hard :lol: :roll:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Jan 2014 14:42

muddyfeet There was alot of talk on the radio about bad body language from the coaching staff after we conceded and when players made mistakes

But the radio team are so supportive, at all times

I personally find it hard to believe they implied that managers might not like losing or players not behaving...

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 05 Jan 2014 14:53

muddyfeet There was alot of talk on the radio about bad body language from the coaching staff after we conceded and when players made mistakes

What is apparent is that Tim Dellor is a slimy little cunt

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 05 Jan 2014 15:05

Big Ern
loyalroyal4life
SHORT AND CURLY Utter Utter rubbish AGAIN!

Thats all anyone that didn't go needs to know

Probably roll out the same post BFTG Watford Next week.

ADKINS OUT

Anyone that didn't go probably doesn't care!

I know I don't and am glad I didn't bother, even a busy day spent in the Oracle beats watching Reading play atm

A post highly befitting of your username.

:lol:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 05 Jan 2014 15:10

Avon Royal

What is apparent is that Tim Dellor is a slimy little cunt

Wasn't assuming Dellor was right just wondered if it was apparent in person

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Jan 2014 20:12

Have noticed the body language of Adkins and coaching staff for past couple of home games. When we went 2 down against Wigan, Adkins basically just sat down until half time. Against Forest my son commented on how little time Adkins spent in the technical area. Not sure how much he can really see sat in the dug out tbf

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 05 Jan 2014 20:32

gazzer, loyal royal At the moment we are all fart and no poo.

Thought first half was awful we were shocking. Never looked like getting anywhere near their goal. Feds could do nothing for the goal, and made a fantastic save to tip a shot onto the bar.

Second half, we looked more lively, and created two decent chances. Alf should have got his header on target and Taylor should have scored right at the end.

Taylor and Kelly were crap. Not sure if Taylor touched the ball more than 5 times. MOTM was Feds.

Go to say the stewards were excellent. My old man is partially sighted, so we complained about he floor before the game. We were meant to be in row b but tried to move back. Dad got a seat and I stood in the aisle. The steward asked me to go to my seat, when I explained I couldn't leave dad, etc they moved us to new seats at the back left of the stand. Only bad thing was we were behind those mong kids. The Brighton description of them doesn't due justice to how bad they were

Gazza, what news on the takeover????

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 06 Jan 2014 00:34

what a load of drama queens you all are

result was 1-0 and a fair reflection of the game, no different to what any of us expected going into the game and the performance was average with brighton only marginally better. Gunter was our best player other than Federici

fans, no different to FA cup third round last year at Crawley

who cares