BFTG - Bradford City

163 posts
parky
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Bradford City

by parky » 16 Mar 2015 23:45

Let's get my rant out of the way early. Re Pitch Invasion. The club knew it was going to happen otherwise the stewards wouldn't have lined up either side of the dugouts 15 mins before the end. Why not then embrace it. To clear everyone off the pitch and then fob them all off and say that nobody is coming out is an embarrassment. If they'd have stayed on the pitch the players possibly may have come out in the directors box, everyone goes home happy but to clear everyone off the pitch only to basically then tell them all to oxf*rd off afterwards was a joke. Once everyone had cleared the pitch there was no reason why the players couldn't come back out.

Anyway..... We completely outplayed Bradford what a thoroughly professional competent performance from every player out there. Credit goes to Clarke for a superb game plan that was executed brilliantly. Mackie MOTM. As for the referee thought he had a good game also and the Bradford fans for out singing us all game. Cant say that would've happened if we'd been beaten like that at their place.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 16 Mar 2015 23:49

biff

by biff » 16 Mar 2015 23:50

tidus_mi2 As has been said everyone bitching about the club's attempts at raising an atmosphere, if you had it your way we'd have no goal music, no pre-match music, no back the boys, no drums/band and no anthems.

You'd just have it left to the fans to create the atmosphere and you know what we'd get? Absolute bloody silence because we're oxf*rd shit at raising our own atmosphere.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that has to be a windup?

ruprecht

by ruprecht » 16 Mar 2015 23:52

To be fair the music that was played when the pitch invader ran on the pitch did make me chuckle. I just don't understand why they kept playing the broadmoor siren over and over. People were trying to start chants but we're just drowned out by it.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Mar 2015 23:54

TFF

:lol: :lol:

ruprecht

by ruprecht » 16 Mar 2015 23:54

That photo is splendid. :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Mar 2015 23:55

The only thing that could've made the siren better would've been strobe lighting.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Mar 2015 23:55

biff
tidus_mi2 As has been said everyone bitching about the club's attempts at raising an atmosphere, if you had it your way we'd have no goal music, no pre-match music, no back the boys, no drums/band and no anthems.

You'd just have it left to the fans to create the atmosphere and you know what we'd get? Absolute bloody silence because we're oxf*rd shit at raising our own atmosphere.

that has to be a windup?

I don't like all the stuff the club does but at least they are trying different things, our atmosphere has been absolutely dead at games this season, but keep denying it.

biff

by biff » 16 Mar 2015 23:59

tidus_mi2
biff

that has to be a windup?

I don't like all the stuff the club does but at least they are trying different things, our atmosphere has been absolutely dead at games this season, but keep denying it.

ahaha re read what youve said.

what are the constants of the season so far? back the boys, drums, anthems, pre match music, and goal music. and the other constant? a lack of atmosphere. Maybe instead of treating football fans like ADHD afflicted mongdivs and give us a bit of silence/credit, an actual organic atmopshere would foster? orrrrrrrrrr you can bang your rumble stixx to the tadley band.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Mar 2015 00:06

At the game tonight the club did loads of things in an attempt to raise atmosphere and it was great, now I can accept it's not necessarily the club that rose the atmosphere but the situation and the sell out crowd but in my opinion:

[*]Sweet Caroline was great, if a bit over-done
[*]Air raid sirens were a bit wtf and out of left field
[*]Back the boys guy, I'm indifferent, don't think it is positive or negative
[*]Pitch invasion, oxf*rd stupid considering what happened at Villa.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Mar 2015 00:12

ruprecht Why did the broadmoor siren keep going off at various times? Is this part of the normal matchday experience?

Is it Lincoln City where they play (or used to play) it every time the club got a corner.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2015 00:12

TFF

Rofl

biff

by biff » 17 Mar 2015 00:18

:lol: :lol:

Big +1 to the sound guy for the circus music accompaniment. Also Blue Monday beforehand was much needed respite from all the other shite.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 17 Mar 2015 00:21

Who gives a flying oxf*rd whether there was a pitch invasion or not?

We've got to Wembley!

8)

Davezk

by Davezk » 17 Mar 2015 00:22

Old wimbledon used to have a Norse horn when they got a corner.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Mar 2015 00:24

Mr.Swainey Who gives a flying oxf*rd whether there was a pitch invasion or not?

We've got to Wembley!

8)

BBC said football had returned to the dark ages with the Villa pitch invasion. Bit inconsistent of them not to say the same thing tonight.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 17 Mar 2015 00:26

No Fixed Abode

We've got to Wembley!

8)

BBC said football had returned to the dark ages with the Villa pitch invasion. Bit inconsistent of them not to say the same thing tonight.

It's called passion, probably something that hasn't been seen at Chelski since you started supporting them. Plus, unlike Chelsea the other night v PSG, no empty seats!

8)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Mar 2015 00:28

No Fixed Abode

We've got to Wembley!

8)

Chelsea 2 Bradford 4
Reading 3 Bradford 0

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 17 Mar 2015 00:42

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31917690 - Fan arrested for racially abusing Gareth McCleary

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 17 Mar 2015 00:47

I know I wasn't the only one slightly worried about tonight, and that I was critical of the performance in the first match. Playing like that in that game meant we had to win tonight, so credit to the lads for getting the job done. Big credit also to Steve Clarke of course. I guess it was the best possible scenario for the club really, get a replay at home and win the tie.

The whole team did what they had to do but all the goalscorers and Chalobah did particularly well. Bradford weren't great and we just had too much for them in the end. So glad the players showed that when it really mattered.

Can't wait for Wembley! Before tonight I would have said we are almost certain to be rolled over against Arsenal but we have to believe. If you stop Arsenal from playing you can beat them and I'm sure Clarke will have a decent game plan for this too. Of course I'm not expecting a win, we go into it as complete underdogs and thats fine, but I'm definitely more confident we just might not embarrass ourselves now. Have to say well done to everyone on reaching the clubs first FA Cup Semi final in 88 years!!!

URZZZZZZZZZZZZ

163 posts