MK Dons (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by AFC Wimbledon

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MK Dons (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by AFC Wimbledon

by Pseud O'Nym » 22 Aug 2015 17:37

Reading4eva Getting really fed up with our lack of fire power are we really that shoddy upfront or is Sa Pogrebnyak mark 2?

If you've nothing motivational to say then why say anything at all?

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 22 Aug 2015 17:40

Look on the bright side: Aldershot won, so it's not all doom and gloom.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Aug 2015 17:40

Royal Ginger
CountryRoyal
blueroyals HRK jeered when he came off. Hope Clarke gets the hint.

I wish HRK was Japanese. Would have comitted Hari-Kari ages ago.

What a strange thing to say.

Do you know what that is Ginge?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2015 17:41

stl_royal I still believe Clarke has us playing much better than Adkins ever did, but what's the point when we couldnt score in a oxf*rd brothel??? We are begging for a finisher.

It's a balance isn't it. Adkins had us open at the back and defenders made regular mistakes, so we lost plenty, but we scored and won games.
Clarke has us very solid at the back, bar having two keepers likely to drop a clanger a game, but utterly impotent in front of goal so lots of draws.

There are just two questions as to which was more successful
1) What impact did Murray have and would Adkins have done a better job keeping / replacing him
2) Will Clarke's signings and approach pay off once Fosu, Hurtado, Fernandez, Pog and McCleary are fit and ready

Currently, for all the criticism and loses, Adkins approach is ahead, even if you only count his poor record last season. 1.19 vs 0.97 ppg

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 22 Aug 2015 17:57

Four promising performances, four disappointing results. Jury still very much out on Clarke.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 22 Aug 2015 18:06

Ian Royal
stl_royal I still believe Clarke has us playing much better than Adkins ever did, but what's the point when we couldnt score in a oxf*rd brothel??? We are begging for a finisher.

It's a balance isn't it. Adkins had us open at the back and defenders made regular mistakes, so we lost plenty, but we scored and won games.
Clarke has us very solid at the back, bar having two keepers likely to drop a clanger a game, but utterly impotent in front of goal so lots of draws.

1) What impact did Murray have and would Adkins have done a better job keeping / replacing him
2) Will Clarke's signings and approach pay off once Fosu, Hurtado, Fernandez, Pog and McCleary are fit and ready

Currently, for all the criticism and loses, Adkins approach is ahead, even if you only count his poor record last season. 1.19 vs 0.97 ppg

I would hope that solid at the back and room to improve will lead to improvements. Last season's league form I'm happy to write off with good will, so it starts here Clarke.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 22 Aug 2015 18:22

Im not his biggest fan but the booing of HRK for one misplaced pass was despicable !
You horrible bunch of KNUTS dont deserve a winning team if you cant get behind them.
Gunter was visibly pissed off with as well and showed the crowd so.

You are so fcuking thick. Do you not realise that all the barracking and booing only increases the pressure on the players and they become hesitant and withdrawn?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Aug 2015 18:24

We've not scored in 13 of the last 17 home league games.

Of my last 25 games I've been to I've seen only 14 goals. :|

But at least the defence is looking solid. :P
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 22 Aug 2015 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Aug 2015 18:24

Solid at the back, decent in the middle, somoney who can hold.up the ball and bring in other players.

Slowly add quality, pace and goals up front and we will do well.

Hopeful. Imo

Esteban

by Esteban » 22 Aug 2015 18:25

Ian Royal

If this season's performances were the same as last season's, with a much changed team, I'd be very concerned about our results. However, last season we were absolutely pathetic, whereas this season we have been all over every side we've played up to the final third and have been very solid at the back. Clarke has got 75% of the way there, it's clear that we need goalscorers, probably 2 of them.

The coming days between now and the transfer window closing will determine our season. Unlike a lot of people on here, I think Clarke can be very successful with the right tools. However, I'm far less convinced of that if he has to try and find a consistent way of winning with the players we currently have.

If we get one finisher through the door, we'll be fine. Get two and we might even make the playoffs or better. Fail to sign any and we could be in trouble.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2015 18:37

loyalroyaldaz Im not his biggest fan but the booing of HRK for one misplaced pass was despicable !
You horrible bunch of KNUTS dont deserve a winning team if you cant get behind them.

You are so fcuking thick. Do you not realise that all the barracking and booing only increases the pressure on the players and they become hesitant and withdrawn?

Agreed.

The treatment of him today was nothing short of disgusting. He wasn't even playing that badly.

As for the game, thought Sa, Oli, and Tish were excellent. Just need one more good striker for Sa to play off and we'll be winning lots of games this season.

The performances are definitely there. Just need an ounce of luck.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 22 Aug 2015 18:40

loyalroyaldaz Im not his biggest fan but the booing of HRK for one misplaced pass was despicable !

I was shouting Boo-urns. Boo-urns.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2015 18:42

winchester_royal

Agreed.

The treatment of him today was nothing short of disgusting. He wasn't even playing that badly.

As for the game, thought Sa, Oli, and Tish were excellent. Just need one more good striker for Sa to play off and we'll be winning lots of games this season.

Agreed. If that sitter was from two yards instead of five he may just have beaten the keeper and put it wide.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 22 Aug 2015 18:43

Norwood MOTM my a mile.
Tshibola was very good also.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2015 18:43

sandman
winchester_royal

Agreed.

Agreed. If that sitter was from two yards instead of five he may just have beaten the keeper and put it wide.

One missed chance a bad performance does not make.

And it's certainly not an excuse to boo him off.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2015 18:46

It's not just one missed chance though is it? And it was a bad performance.
Last edited by sandman on 22 Aug 2015 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 22 Aug 2015 18:47

winchester_royal

Agreed.

Agreed generally. With the width provided by genuine wingers, the extra space should help us to create chances no end. On the flip side, cannot agree on Robson Kanu. I thought he looked turgid and a bit lazy today. Blackman''s introduction showed this up, IMO. He injected a bit of pace, and a willingness to try things. Shame that stinging shot didn't go in.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Aug 2015 18:53

As far as HRK is concerned, two and half seasons of utter tripe means he gets cut no slack.

If he wants the crowd onside he could try playing well for a sustained period. Even 2 games would do it

//didnt doo btw

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2015 18:56

Well I completely disagree with all of you tbh.

Just like up at Sheff Wed I thought he put a decent shift in an unfamiliar position and only got slack because of that one bad pass.

But hey ho, that's football I suppose.

He's nowhere near the class of Sa mind, who continues to really impress me. But you can't boo him just because he's not naturally gifted. IMO

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 22 Aug 2015 18:58

winchester_royal
sandman
winchester_royal [

Agreed.

One missed chance a bad performance does not make.

And it's certainly not an excuse to boo him off.

Are you joking? He's been shite for the last 2 years. The stick he gets is perfectly justified.