MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h) sponsored by Federici to the rescue

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h) sponsored by Federici to the rescue

by KC Royal » 28 Jan 2017 16:56

Ian Royal Phew. That was nervy. We seemed to try our best to throw it away, but clearly were the better side, if someone rubbish at taking our chances.

I don't have enough superlatives for Kelly. He was fabulous.

Only saw half the game in the end, but even in that time Kelly impressed.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 28 Jan 2017 16:58

Emeraldroyal An Ugly win but a WIN 8)

False third is great :D

Cardiff are no mugs under Colin - that was a tough, tough game. What a difference this Reading team is to the past few seasons. There's a real fighting spirit in there and we don't budge much. When it goes wrong, it goes wrong and we get tonked but mostly we keep grinding them out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jan 2017 17:00

There was far too many "clever" cross field passes for my liking in that game! Great 3 points. Hard to pick a standout player for me!

Davezk

by Davezk » 28 Jan 2017 17:01

Grinding out a few wins now, maybe we can sneak into false second by the end of the season?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2017 17:06

Delighted with that - very much ground out against a team of big lumps looking for long throws, free kicks etc. Thought the team that ended the game should have been the starting 11

Thought also the back 5 looked very solid at the end considering the tactics, wasn't really worried that Cardiff would score

Actually thought Kelly was bit off, esp the second half where he wasn't at his sharpest, and mislaid a fair few passes. Clearly a very decent player in there though

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Jan 2017 17:20

Hound Delighted with that - very much ground out against a team of big lumps looking for long throws, free kicks etc. Thought the team that ended the game should have been the starting 11

Thought also the back 5 looked very solid at the end considering the tactics, wasn't really worried that Cardiff would score

Actually thought Kelly was bit off, esp the second half where he wasn't at his sharpest, and mislaid a fair few passes. Clearly a very decent player in there though

He was defending very well today. I thought the main reason his passing was off is the majority of the time he received the ball with his back to goal. Then some Cardiff player twice the size of him would try to bully him off the ball leading to most of his passes going backwards.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2017 17:24

Just saw the penalty again, didn't see Moore's leg kick across Morrison first time, fair enough.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2017 17:46

Yep fair enough on Kelly - defensively he was excellent, didn't give them a minute - just thought the quality of his passing wasn't up to usual standard second half particularly

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jan 2017 20:13

Ian Royal Only seen a brief glimpse of the pen, but it looked soft as oxf*rd with Morrison going down like he'd been shot at just a coming together of bodies. He'd already lost the ball and as a centreback was never going to score even if he hadn't. Divey divey.

Don't you start.

The fact that he'd already lost the ball is completely irrelevant. The fact that he wasn't going to score is completely irrelevant.

If it's a foul it's a foul. Moore kicked him - whether he saw him coming or not is also irrelevant as the law concerning fouls is simply trips or attempts to trip - nothing about intent at all

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2017 20:50

Franchise FC
Ian Royal Only seen a brief glimpse of the pen, but it looked soft as oxf*rd with Morrison going down like he'd been shot at just a coming together of bodies. He'd already lost the ball and as a centreback was never going to score even if he hadn't. Divey divey.

Don't you start.

The fact that he'd already lost the ball is completely irrelevant. The fact that he wasn't going to score is completely irrelevant.

If it's a foul it's a foul. Moore kicked him - whether he saw him coming or not is also irrelevant as the law concerning fouls is simply trips or attempts to trip - nothing about intent at all

See my later post, didn't see the kick in my first glimpse. Agree it was a clear pen on a better second viewing.

Contact doesn't necessarily mean a foul btw

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Jan 2017 08:40

The 'never going to score' bit is irrelevant in deciding if it was a penalty as well.
It did look as though the ref did consider it a DOGSO though given the booking. Last season I suspect Moore would have got a red.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2017 09:07

I'm not sure on the penalty. Clearly wasn't a deliberate foul, and if you are throwing yourself into diving headers in the box, I think you'd expect to get a few kicks

I thought giving a yellow for that was very very harsh - a red would have been ridiculous even last season.

I wouldn't argue strongly it wasn't a penalty though as there was contact, and I thought it was the right decision in real time

AAH should have saved it mind

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 29 Jan 2017 09:44

Missed it during the game, (didn't see any of the goals :lol:) but watching the highlights it took a few viewings before I made up my mind that it was a penalty. Moore's reaction afterwards also helped to convince me, just annoyed with himself that he made the challenge.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 29 Jan 2017 21:30

Biggest surprise of the game for me was seeing a Warnock side that didn't seem determined to kick lumps out of us. Maybe he's just not had time to bring in his kind of player yet.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 Jan 2017 22:04

tmesis Biggest surprise of the game for me was seeing a Warnock side that didn't seem determined to kick lumps out of us. Maybe he's just not had time to bring in his kind of player yet.

Apart from the horrible tackle from Jazz Richards on Liam Kelly. To be fair, more mistimed than malicious, but could have broken his leg. Even Football on 5 were surprised it didn't merit at least a yellow - would have been sent off in the Prem I reckon.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Jan 2017 22:39

muirinho
tmesis Biggest surprise of the game for me was seeing a Warnock side that didn't seem determined to kick lumps out of us. Maybe he's just not had time to bring in his kind of player yet.

Apart from the horrible tackle from Jazz Richards on Liam Kelly. To be fair, more mistimed than malicious, but could have broken his leg. Even Football on 5 were surprised it didn't merit at least a yellow - would have been sent off in the Prem I reckon.

Piss poor commentary
Definite red and hardly mentioned it

And soft free kick leading to their goal
Soft penalty as well

Usual shite ref

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jan 2017 22:57

bcubed
muirinho

Piss poor commentary
Definite red and hardly mentioned it

And soft free kick leading to their goal
Soft penalty as well

Usual shite ref

Didn't Morrison lunge in on Kermorgant(?) rather nastily too? Luckily he got the ball first, but he didn't look in control to me and i think there was follow through.

It got pretty feisty from both sides. I think it's safe to say with Stam on the sidelines there aren't many of our players who'd shrink from a confrontation.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jan 2017 23:37

"Warnock you're a pcunt, warnock warnock you're a pcunt"

"Jaap Stam, knock him out, jaap Stam jaap stam knock him out"

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2017 09:34

Leave Neil alone. He was said to be distraught after the game in the media :shock:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Jan 2017 12:23

CountryRoyal "Warnock you're a pcunt, warnock warnock you're a pcunt"

"Jaap Stam, knock him out, jaap Stam jaap stam knock him out"

Never feels like a game against Warnock until I've heard this chant
Jaap Stam addition was good too
:)