SC says

Captain Sinbad
Location: On cloud nine until at least the end of 06/07 season

Sidwell

by Captain Sinbad » 14 Aug 2006 19:21

Sidwell wasn't his usual self on saturday.

I don't think it's anything to do with his contract. Didn't hear any boos and as others have said, there was just less of a cheer when his name was read out and a few sign the deal songs which he took in good part.

I think he was a bit anonymous simply because it was a friendly, there was no point in starting the season off with a yellow or a red and worse an injury.

Against middlesborough he will be mad for it.

So back him anyway - he's a Reading player for at least another year - at the end of the season, it might be City, Boro and Charlton that go down, can't see him leaving for any of them then :lol:

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 14 Aug 2006 19:25

We love you sidwell we do, we love you sidwell we do, we love you sidwell we do, o sidwell we love you!

stand up for steve sidwell, etc.

super super steve ... super steven sidwell!

back the boys and make some noise! C'mon URZ!

stay with us steve, look at how good our squad potential, if we are not doing so well come christmas. if you leave reading, wenger isn't going to want you if you go to a bigger club with more money and a higher tansfer fee :wink:

jme-rfc

by jme-rfc » 14 Aug 2006 20:32

Reading Abbey I wont boo, I hate that. But I wont be cheering his name either!

face it some players do actually stay at clubs if there treated well even when there is problems between them and the club. if we stay loyal to sidwell, there could be a slight chance he could be loyal to reading. you never know

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 14 Aug 2006 20:43

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 Aug 2006 21:02

Reading_Royal We love you sidwell we do, we love you sidwell we do, we love you sidwell we do, o sidwell we love you!

stand up for steve sidwell, etc.

super super steve ... super steven sidwell!

:shock:
What sort of message is that giving to him?

Oh Steve, you're so fantastic you're obviously worth far more than the measley pay rise the club have offered?

I for one will not be singing the praises of a man who is holding the club to ransom with his wage demands whilst almost pleading the poverty of a "Big Issue" seller to the media.

Wether he stays or goes I don't think supporters will ever have the same opinion of him again.

midlandadie

by midlandadie » 15 Aug 2006 06:45

SpaceCruiser Yeah? Fine if you want a player to play to the best of his ability, but do you really think any form of abuse will help him to improve?

How would you like it if your boss or customers shouted constant abuse at you whilst you worked?

i understand your point .but if you do your job correctly and well in the first place, then you dont get shouted at.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 15 Aug 2006 06:51

I will try to "support" Sidwell so long as he wears the hoops. It just annoys me that we could be fighting for our premiership lives while he's already packed his bags to jump ship.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 15 Aug 2006 09:09

SpaceCruiser Yeah? Fine if you want a player to play to the best of his ability, but do you really think any form of abuse will help him to improve?

How would you like it if your boss or customers shouted constant abuse at you whilst you worked?

i assure you im quite used to it now

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 15 Aug 2006 09:13

TBF to sidwell, its been fairly obvious for the last couple of seasons he's had a foot out the door, he kept saying one more push then im off. and i dont think anyone including him expected us to rocket up so quickly, just as he expects us to have booked our seats for CCC 2008. im unconcerned, if he goes he didnt want to stay and it seems he's just starting to develop prima donna traits. if he signs a new deal then good but once we're going places should look to offload him.

Now, like it or not is a good time to sell Sidwell, everyones talking about him and the media is obsessed he's the best championship player, even though he's not even the best in our squad. Of course the trouble is, if we offload him now we need 2 MC, and considering we can't even find one...