Sonko

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 12 Sep 2006 14:04

Pearce needs a proven goalscorer.
Someone like Andy Cole. Or maybe someone younger with a bit of pace.
Nicolas Anelka maybe. hahaha

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Sep 2006 14:05

Alan Partridge
Maguire
Royalee There will be times in a game when even the likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand will get beaten to the ball in the way Dickov got that ball threaded through. Dickov is a proven Premiership striker and it's a measure of how much Sonko has come on that he was able to nick in and recover excellently. Distin is supposed to be a decent Premiership defender and look how many times Doyle got through and beat him! I'd rather have Sonko than Distin and that's saying a lot.

ALOL!

Distin is about 7 times as good as Sonko and i'd swap them in a heartbeat.

How many times Doyle beat Distin?, I can remember 1 and Doyle ran it out for a goal kick!! The only other time, Long won a flick on, Doyle was certain to score and a Mr S Distin went sliding in and stopped a certain goal? Or was I imagining things :? :lol:

Got done in the first place to even allow Doyle the space.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 14:08

Royalee
Alan Partridge
Maguire
Royalee There will be times in a game when even the likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand will get beaten to the ball in the way Dickov got that ball threaded through. Dickov is a proven Premiership striker and it's a measure of how much Sonko has come on that he was able to nick in and recover excellently. Distin is supposed to be a decent Premiership defender and look how many times Doyle got through and beat him! I'd rather have Sonko than Distin and that's saying a lot.

ALOL!

Distin is about 7 times as good as Sonko and i'd swap them in a heartbeat.

How many times Doyle beat Distin?, I can remember 1 and Doyle ran it out for a goal kick!! The only other time, Long won a flick on, Doyle was certain to score and a Mr S Distin went sliding in and stopped a certain goal? Or was I imagining things :? :lol:

Got done in the first place to even allow Doyle the space.

That wasn't Doyle skinning him though, It was Long winning the flick on header in front of him. I can't quite remember but I'm presuming Dunne was up front trying to nick a goal, wasn't it from their free kick or something? Big hoof and we were 2 v 1.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Sep 2006 14:08

Dunne or Distin - both were very good last night.

Doyle worked hard but had very little to show for it at the end.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 14:10

papereyes Dunne or Distin - both were very good last night.

Doyle worked hard but had very little to show for it at the end.

2 chances at the end v 10 men when they were chasing the game. Doyle did as well as he could with the service or lack of that he and Lita got. He worked his balls off and could and probably should have ended up with at least 1 goal. But he hardly had a kick of the ball in the 1st half.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Sep 2006 14:11

I think that's agreeing with me. 8)

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 14:11

papereyes I think that's agreeing with me. 8)

Yeah.....I suppose :oops: :lol:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 12 Sep 2006 14:12

There is only one thing to say

RoyaLOLee

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Sep 2006 14:12

papereyes I think that's agreeing with me. 8)

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 14:12

Huntley & Palmer There is only one thing to say

RoyaLOLee

why not treat yourself?

RoyALOLee

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Sep 2006 15:00

Alolan Partridge, Huntloley & Palolmer.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 12 Sep 2006 15:12

Alan Partridge LOL @ those with the blinkers on thinking he was 'immense' last night. At times he was yes and at others would have got punished by decent forwards, thankfully City had none.

The reason that Sonko was immense is that City played to his strengths most of the time (certainly in the last 30 minutes) by playing a big centre forward up front and pumping long balls into the middle. Even when they did get past him they didn't have the pace, allowing him to get back and clear.

He had probably 2 lapses all game - 1 where he tried to chest it down in the area and ended up giving away a freekick on the edge of the box (he clearly didn't get a shout telling him to get rid) and the 2nd where he (and Harps I think) stood off Samaras allowing him to get in a shot that Marcus saved smartly.

I don't think he missed a header all game. Preparing to be flamed but this was something that Ivar struggled with in the first 20 minutes - after that both Ivar and (probably as a result) the rest of the defence settled into the game and managed to compete.

City were at their most dangerous when they played quick passes on the corners of our box and both of our full backs had a tough night - Murty more so when Reyna was replaced.

That said though, for all their possession City only managed 2 or 3 clear cut chances which says a lot for how the team defended as a whole.

(Oh and :

If you stilollol hate Futcher

just for good measure :wink: )

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 12 Sep 2006 17:13

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 12 Sep 2006 17:58

thats y hes super man

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Sep 2006 18:09

I've only remembered Sonko's ridiculous handball. Sorry if it's already been mentioned. Classic netball skills....

bassavage

by bassavage » 12 Sep 2006 18:11

Sonko was superb and I think that was Ivar's best game in a Reading shirt he was outstanding. Murty played brilliantly first half too.

Infact, our back five (goalkeeper and defenders) were outstanding. Well done boys keep it up.

Royal@Norwich

by Royal@Norwich » 13 Sep 2006 11:59

I think your missing the point somewhat when you talk about whether you would want Distin instead or saying Inga was better than Sonko.

For a start we don't have Distin, or Ferdinand or Nesta for that matter we have Sonko and granted he may not be the most graceful player but he plays to his strengths... he's a big lad. He is good enough for this league because he has to be as we have no-one else. (yet i believe he has inproved considerably such a short way into the season and will prove to be a vital player in the team for next years premiership campaign.

As far as who was better; what does it matter? They play in a partnership Inga has the know-how and Sonks the physical dominance, they are a fantastic defensive partnership and whether you would change them for someone else is irrelevant. They are ours and they will do the job for one simple reason- they are good enough.[/quote][/code]