Reserves v Tottenham tonight

Harold

by Harold » 04 Oct 2006 22:13

Ginger Ninjas How did Henry play?

He plays for Arsenal m8.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 04 Oct 2006 23:00

Glen Little's Nose I thought Glen Little was going to play?

Is the guy dead, haven't heard anything of him in a while...

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 04 Oct 2006 23:03

Harold

He plays for Arsenal m8.

I think he means James Henry.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Oct 2006 23:04

Disappointing to be honest, although 1 or 2 of the youngsters did ok. Shame Alex Pearce wasn't playing because I think that lad is an excellent prospect.

James Henry had an excellent first half but looked a different player after the interval.

Curtis Osano had a very good game at full back, looks a decent player, also the two centre halves were solid. Bygrave and Bikey. Bikey made some very good challenges.

Halls did ok going forward, some nice bits of trickery but is just not a defender. His positional play is poor (even though he was in a very unfamiliar left back position) and he looked absolutely knackered after about 75 mins.

Hunt did nothing, Oster had a couple of moments but nothing much, Long worked hard, did some good things but first touch was very heavy at times.

Hardly created anything apart from two chances to Simon Church, 1 in the first half where Church should have scored after decent team move involving Long and Henry and the second was all Church's work before putting it inches wide. Brought it down well, turned and shot inches away.

The other thing was that Stacky had a very good game, made 2 excellent saves and his distribution was decent.

Ratings wise

Stack 8 MOM
Osano 7
Halls 6
Bikey 7
Bygrave 7
J-Dubois 5
Henry 6
Oster 6
Hunt 5
Long 6
Church 5

didn't hear the name of the sub that replaced J-Dubois but he looked quite lively.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 04 Oct 2006 23:26

savage 4 england
Harold

He plays for Arsenal m8.

I think he means James Henry.

Really?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Oct 2006 08:51

Alan Partridge Disappointing to be honest, although 1 or 2 of the youngsters did ok. Shame Alex Pearce wasn't playing because I think that lad is an excellent prospect.

James Henry had an excellent first half but looked a different player after the interval.

Curtis Osano had a very good game at full back, looks a decent player, also the two centre halves were solid. Bygrave and Bikey. Bikey made some very good challenges.

Halls did ok going forward, some nice bits of trickery but is just not a defender. His positional play is poor (even though he was in a very unfamiliar left back position) and he looked absolutely knackered after about 75 mins.

Hunt did nothing, Oster had a couple of moments but nothing much, Long worked hard, did some good things but first touch was very heavy at times.

Hardly created anything apart from two chances to Simon Church, 1 in the first half where Church should have scored after decent team move involving Long and Henry and the second was all Church's work before putting it inches wide. Brought it down well, turned and shot inches away.

The other thing was that Stacky had a very good game, made 2 excellent saves and his distribution was decent.

Ratings wise

Stack 8 MOM
Osano 7
Halls 6
Bikey 7
Bygrave 7
J-Dubois 5
Henry 6
Oster 6
Hunt 5
Long 6
Church 5

didn't hear the name of the sub that replaced J-Dubois but he looked quite lively.

Bignall replaced J-Dubois.

Though Henry played reasonably well in the centre of midfield. I don't know if we're considering that as a permanent position for him but if we do he will need to be more aware of what's around him and look up a lot more. Still i thought he did well all things considered in an unfamiliar position and was always looking to create as well as working very hard.

Like you, from the little i've seen I'd pick Pearce over Bygrave at centre half and i thought Oster played pretty well 1st half but was absolutely awful in the 2nd.

Also Church caused more problems up front than Long in my opinion. He should have scored in the 1st half, he nearly scored an absolute cracker in the 2nd and just failed with a chance in the dying minutes.

Bignall too should have scored late on but took too long trying to get the ball onto his left foot.

All in all pretty disjointed but not quite as bad as some are suggesting.

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 05 Oct 2006 09:16

....and a crowd of 1500 isn't too bad either.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 05 Oct 2006 09:19

Last night I was stopped by a steward who made me take the lid off my diet coke bottle! At a reserve match! I could not believe it.

Good job I always carry a couple of spare lids to football. :wink:

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 05 Oct 2006 10:02

That Friday Feeling Last night I was stopped by a steward who made me take the lid off my diet coke bottle! At a reserve match! I could not believe it.

Good job I always carry a couple of spare lids to football. :wink:

Woman behind me had a can of 'pop' that she had hidden in a sock, and was drinking from the can.
Steward waddles over.....

Good crowd - more than I expected - more than the bar/food staff had expected by the looks of things.

Gregster

by Gregster » 05 Oct 2006 10:18

Interesting to watch this. A lot of long ball football but some (take this to mean a few instances) of some good moves which, had the players been more aware of options, could have really linked up well across the pitch.

Bikey seems to be coming on leaps and bounds. Very strong at the back and his passing was solid all game.

Halls looked ok but I think he's better at getting forward than defending. Although I appreciate he was in an unfamiliar position.

Oster in the second half was awful. His distribution didn't once find a Reading player. Very frustrating to watch.

Long was his usual energetic self but he does still lack strength when on the ball or challenging. First touch is coming along but not wuite there.

Henry good in first half but disappeared somewhat in the second. Looks good though.

Church's shot was good. Showed good positional awareness and a good ability.

Quite a lot of Spurs fans there too.