Actim Index

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 04 May 2007 23:09

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 04 May 2007 23:12

We are a top 10 Premiership team - Of course we are the position to have a top class keeper!

Are you taking the piss???

Reading FC have been in the EPL less than most teams have farted & if quotes like that are going to be displayed on this forum then we are doomed. :(

Well played Marcus & you are part this historic season.

Cheers.

Legend.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 04 May 2007 23:18

Rich@Eaststand
2.8 lita injection We sometimes forget that we are Reading and overall he is a good GK for reading.

At the start of the season i was one of the people that didnt rate Marcus but he proved to be an above average keeper, so lets be honest he has done Reading proud and we as a club are not really in the position to have a top class all round GK.

We are a top 10 Premiership team - Of course we are the position to have a top class keeper!

Earlier in the season Marcus was a huge concern for me but over the last 5 or 6 games he has played very well. I think this has something to do with the emergence of Fed and that has pushed him on.

I'd still like to see us bring in a keeper to challenge for the no:1 shirt in the summer - Although the added competition might just push Marcus on to even better performances which can only be a good thing for us.

I am no longer posting on here after someone has told me we are a top ten club in the EPL, we still have some unearthed stars but never would i say they top 10 in EPL.

I give up, goodbye.

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 04 May 2007 23:47

It depends how you look at it doesn't it.

Do you have the view that we are little old Reading - Punching above our weight and likely to get relegated or struggling to stay up ever season, can never improve and will never get any players that are better than the ones we have.

Or do you take the view that we are a hugely ambitious club who are looking to be up and around the top 10, pushing for Europe in future seasons.

Of course we should be looking to improve and improving means looking to bring in better players.

This season we are a top 10 team - next season will be harder but the club has the structure and, more importantly, the Manager who can guide us though it and build for the future.