Warnock not charged!!!!!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 24 Jan 2007 15:55

alad
readingbedding
alad Good to see common sense has prevailed and the thug Wally Downes is being rightfully punished for his hateful antics.

If a fan had misread the situation and shoved a steward he would have got a banning order.

We all know the truth and that is Downes doesn't like Warnock and was just looking for any old excuse to have a pop. In the process he has shamed the good name of Reading FC that Coppell has spent the last few seasons trying to create.

Here's some examples from your 1st or is it 2nd team???

There are loads more.

The stamping on Southgate
The vicious elbow on McAteer.

You see, when it comes to 'hateful antics' between your favourite team and Reading, there is only one answer...

I know you're a wind-up merchant, I'm just reminding you on a few finer points of your 1st team, that's all...

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 24 Jan 2007 15:55

alad
readingbedding
alad Good to see common sense has prevailed and the thug Wally Downes is being rightfully punished for his hateful antics.

If a fan had misread the situation and shoved a steward he would have got a banning order.

We all know the truth and that is Downes doesn't like Warnock and was just looking for any old excuse to have a pop. In the process he has shamed the good name of Reading FC that Coppell has spent the last few seasons trying to create.

Here's some examples from your 1st or is it 2nd team???

There are loads more.

The stamping on Southgate
The vicious elbow on McAteer.

You see, when it comes to 'hateful antics' between your favourite team and Reading, there is only one answer...

Stop it! I've got work to do! :lol:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 24 Jan 2007 16:00

I like alad's emoticon! :lol:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 24 Jan 2007 16:07

SpaceCruiser I like alad's emoticon! :lol:

Yes, emotes and acronyms are just fab!

fallen angel

by fallen angel » 24 Jan 2007 16:20

Both clubs have been chargedby not controlling their players,I wonder what sort of punishment they will dish out

by 1960 » 24 Jan 2007 17:10

I'm not sure it's relevant, but the pardew/Wenger thing. Pardew provoked Wenger without touching him physically and both were charged. Pardew pleaded innocent. Did he get off? If not there is precedent there.

If Pardew's appeal did not succeed I would suggest M'Lud that viciously stamping one's foot is worse than running around with fists clenched in celebration.

But then again Pardew did leave his area. So what am I saying? I don't know.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Jan 2007 17:18

Far from the royal crowds http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/01/ReadingSheffU.htm

Straight from the source. Warnock's been "reminded of his responsibilities"...

FA = do sweet FA or effing *rseholes!

Moronho and Warncock will always be allowed to get away with murder.

Even if his gesture was mistaken, it was still extremely ill-timed given what was going on. Furthermore, he was clearly using foul and abusive language (don't need to be expert lip readers to work that out!) and his sarcastic hand clap and words to Hunt were definitely inflammatory and should be regarded as unacceptable.

How we can end up being charged with failing to control our players and Warncock gets off scot free is beyond me.

I really hope that this time RFC show they have some balls and really fight this one, both at the FA and in the media.

southbank1871
SpaceCruiser "Pushed over" is rather a bit strong. It was a mere shove that didn't send Warnock sprawling to the floor. :roll:

I still think that there is a cause and effect. If Warnock hadn't made that gesture about stamping, Downes might not have reacted like he did.

Still, the FA was correct to charge Downes, but to let Warnock off is a bit wrong. If he didn't do anything wrong, why was he sent to the stands?

The FA aren't saying he was completely blameless, that's why they have reminded him of of his responsibilities. I'd agree with the FA that his actions don't warrant a formal charge.

Anger not aimed at you presonally but how more effing times does the effing barsteward need to be reminded of his responsibilities?!! He's not exactly a first time offender - he's already got a suspended ban hanging over him for effs sake!

FA = Effing Anarchy!

Harold

by Harold » 24 Jan 2007 17:42

Good to see the FA deciding on a sensible conclusion for once.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Warnock not charged!!!!!

by Millsy » 24 Jan 2007 17:46

mikey0406 Just seen a news report on SSN, and the latest to come out of the FA is that both clubs will be charged for failure to control their players, Wally Downess will be charged for adopting an aggressive behaviour and guess what......... Warnock has got off Scott Free!

how is that possible as it was his stamping action that kicked everything off on the touchline.... catalyst for chaos!

Wally Downes - sorry but he was in the wrong technically

Colin - might be guilty but technically did nothing wrong and can't be charged

BUT both clubs being charged with failure to control players????????

WWWWTTTTTFFFFFFF???

HOW exactly was Hunt being the victim of two strikes to the face on separate occasions in any way a failure on the part of RFC to control him??? And how can clubs be punished for not being able to curb basic male instinct to go into an area that look spotentially dangerous to calm things down.

There should only be two charges: one for Downes, and a massive one for Gillespie (which is under way anyway).

And ideally a proper investigation into Colin's inflammatory antics.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 24 Jan 2007 17:47

Harold Good to see the FA deciding on a sensible conclusion for once.

Yes, reminds me slightly of the Reading vs Chelsea match, commonsense prevailed then too.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Jan 2007 17:49

1960 I'm not sure it's relevant, but the pardew/Wenger thing. Pardew provoked Wenger without touching him physically and both were charged. Pardew pleaded innocent. Did he get off? If not there is precedent there.

If Pardew's appeal did not succeed I would suggest M'Lud that viciously stamping one's foot is worse than running around with fists clenched in celebration.

But then again Pardew did leave his area. So what am I saying? I don't know.

He got off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/6232081.stm

Harold

by Harold » 24 Jan 2007 17:54

readingbedding

Yes, reminds me slightly of the Reading vs Chelsea match, commonsense prevailed then too.

This thread is about Reading/Sheff Utd. What have Chelsea got to do with it? Obsessed. :lol:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 24 Jan 2007 17:59

Harold
readingbedding

This thread is about Reading/Sheff Utd. What have Chelsea got to do with it? Obsessed. :lol:

Just saying that that was the last time the FA's commonsense prevailed during a Reading match.

In regards to obsession, I can't wait to sign up on a CFC board and show them how obsessed I am...

Hang on.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jan 2007 18:00

Failure to control players? What a load of old bullshit that is. The players, apart from Gillespie, handled themselves rather well particularly Reading's in what could have been a right old set-to and I cannot believe that is a charge that will stick.

bluehoops

by bluehoops » 24 Jan 2007 18:11

RoyalBlue How we can end up being charged with failing to control our players and Warncock gets off scot free is beyond me.

Because a fair few of them piled in to the dug-out to have their say! That's pretty simple, not even the *cough* 'governing body' could ignore that scrap.

Ian Royal
SpaceCruiser "Pushed over" is rather a bit strong. It was a mere shove that didn't send Warnock sprawling to the floor. Rolling Eyes

I still think that there is a cause and effect. If Warnock hadn't made that gesture about stamping, Downes might not have reacted like he did.

Still, the FA was correct to charge Downes, but to let Warnock off is a bit wrong. If he didn't do anything wrong, why was he sent to the stands?

In which case Hunt is guilty of Gillespie elbowing him, because if he'd been meek and backed away rather than standing up to Gillespie when he charged at him then Gillespie would never have elbowed him.

:lol: Trying to make SpaceCruiser see your side of the argument? A brave man...
(Even Warnock agreed that sending him to the stands in order to calm things down was the right thing to do)

On the other hand, this is an interesting article about Colin. Hadn't seen any of the breaking legs comments from the Mad Stad, this does suggest that Wally was understandably upset rather than "a drunk uncle at a wedding" as one quote put it.

Spacey might have trouble though, if he goes with what the aricle says he might have to accept that Arsenal should have been better protected at Colin's place which would imply that some Frenchmen were hard done by. Tough'un and no mistake!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 48,00.html

Why football can happily live without Warnock's brand of Sheffield steel
Martin Samuel, Sports Writer of the Year
And so Neil Warnock sails on. The four-match suspended sentence that hangs over him this season is unlikely to be triggered by any Football Association action after the angry scenes in the match against Reading on Saturday. The Sheffield United manager is increasingly painted as the innocent victim of a misunderstanding, while Reading and their coach, Wally Downes, are in the dock, as is Keith Gillespie, the Sheffield United winger, who was sent off as fast as is possible without defying the laws of physics.

And because we are nothing if not masters of the obvious, we will continue to look at what happened at the Madejski Stadium and not why it happened or why it continues to happen so many times around the manager of Sheffield United.

Gillespie, a substitute, was shown a red card, rightly, for striking Stephen Hunt before the ball had re-entered play, so his official time on the pitch is documented as zero seconds. Yet it seems that nobody within Soho Square cares to wonder what the mood might have been on the Sheffield United bench before the incident, or what Warnock might have said to Gillespie, what words of encouragement and motivation he used to fire up a player whose first act on taking the field was to hit an opponent in the face without waiting for the game to restart.

When John Hollins was manager of Chelsea in the 1980s, he had an abysmal relationship with the press. It was a time when Ken Bates, then the Chelsea chairman, and the newspapers were sniping at each other constantly and the manager was caught in the crossfire. Hollins received harsher treatment than he deserved, collateral damage in the battle with Bates, and the hostilities meant that to support the club, he, too, had to behave in a confrontational manner, which was plainly not his style.

Yet when writers moaned about the objectionable, two-faced so-and-so in the manager’s chair at Stamford Bridge, those in football would invariably respond with a quizzical look. According to just about everybody, Hollins was a thoroughly decent man: genial, charming, generous to a fault. The fair conclusion was that they could not all be wrong. So it is with Warnock.

There are those on this side of the fence who see him as a bit of a character, ruffling the feathers of pretension in the Premiership and mostly harmless. Speak to a disproportionate number of his contemporaries, however, and they will boil their feelings down to one word. You will find it in Chaucer. And they can’t all be wrong this time, either.

When Downes invaded the opposition’s technical area to confront Warnock, he did so in the belief that, by miming an exaggerated stamping action, the Sheffield United manager was giving his team a direction to hurt Reading’s players. Warnock strongly denies this and may have found an ally in Mark Halsey, the referee. But even if Downes was mistaken, there are mitigating circumstances.

Warnock has previous in this field; plenty of it. The accusation that has followed him to the Premiership and is at the root of his unpopularity is that he tells his players to break legs. Largely, this is grapevine talk. A manager will relay an anecdote in private without wishing to see it published; but in May 2003, Steve Bull, MBE, the former England striker, broke the omertà and drew a remarkable confession from Warnock.

Bull claimed that, during his playing days with Wolverhampton Wanderers, Warnock had shouted to members of his Notts County team to break Bull’s legs. Warnock’s response in The Sun was startling. “I must have said that a hundred times in my career,â€

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jan 2007 18:22

Ermm, yes. That's what this whole thread is about...

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopi ... 08&start=0

bluehoops

by bluehoops » 24 Jan 2007 18:28

Damn, just seen the other thread. Dodd away....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jan 2007 18:32

bluehoops Because a fair few of them piled in to the dug-out to have their say! That's pretty simple, not even the *cough* 'governing body' could ignore that scrap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4ec1hygnc

The scrap starts around 2:30 secs. watch carefully, I think Lita is the only Reading player to get involved in the touchline scuffle in a role other than peacemaker! I suppose there might have been, as the commentator says, "players squaring up to each other all over the pitch" but I don't see or recall anything remotely warranting a charge to either club.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Jan 2007 19:40

bluehoops
RoyalBlue How we can end up being charged with failing to control our players and Warncock gets off scot free is beyond me.

Because a fair few of them piled in to the dug-out to have their say! That's pretty simple, not even the *cough* 'governing body' could ignore that scrap.

Hang on the F'ing A*seholes had four of their finest officials in the dugout area at that time but clearly none of them felt that any players from either side deserved even a yellow card, let alone red for their part in what, judging by the TV replays, was not a scrap.

The total number of cards issued to players in the game? Clearly either the players were under control or the FA will have to suspend their own match officials for failing to perform their responsibilities correctly.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 24 Jan 2007 19:47

Royal Rother
bluehoops Because a fair few of them piled in to the dug-out to have their say! That's pretty simple, not even the *cough* 'governing body' could ignore that scrap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4ec1hygnc

The scrap starts around 2:30 secs. watch carefully, I think Lita is the only Reading player to get involved in the touchline scuffle in a role other than peacemaker! I suppose there might have been, as the commentator says, "players squaring up to each other all over the pitch" but I don't see or recall anything remotely warranting a charge to either club.

Watching it again after the push you can see Wally Downes sneak off like a proper bottle job as the others get involved.

WaLOLLOLy Downes.