Adam McCleary?!! (Media don't like us /can't spell thread)

1066 posts
thefruits

by thefruits » 03 Feb 2007 18:14

nearly threw the remote control at the telly when carlton palmer came out with that one... it needs repeating...'although sheffield united won the league last year... reading played the better football'....

He hasn't got a clue...

Nearly made me as mad as earlier this week when Steve Mclaren admitted that he hadn't seen Portsmouth or Reading at all this season....

That MADE ME MAD !!!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 03 Feb 2007 18:22

mattyougg From the BBC

"Lita turned in James Hunt's header at the far post but TV replays showed Webb was wrong to rule Ivar Ingimarsson's cross had gone out of play."

:lol:

its been corrected on the BBC site now

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 03 Feb 2007 23:59

The analysis side of MOTD was so dull tonight. Lawro doesn't seem to know anything (and seems proud of it) about anyone outside the Top Four and Shearer is just sleep-inducing. You've really got to have Hansen and one of the new breed- Dixon or Peacock.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Feb 2007 00:09

Have we got a full Mis-Named XI yet?

Magnus Hahnemann
Paul Kitson
John Oyster
Bryn Gunanason
Kevin Harper
James Hunt
Graeme Murphy
Shaun Long

Any more? Maybe we should coax Mick Hayloft out of retirement.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 04 Feb 2007 00:15

Does anyone have a screen capture or pic of Leroy with his headphones on? possibly my highlight of the season when he popped up looking like a legend as ususal. Class!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Feb 2007 00:22

Yeah - headphones = class. Best moment of the season.:roll:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 04 Feb 2007 00:27

Humanistic The analysis side of MOTD was so dull tonight. Lawro doesn't seem to know anything (and seems proud of it) about anyone outside the Top Four and Shearer is just sleep-inducing. You've really got to have Hansen and one of the new breed- Dixon or Peacock.

there was a bit about match of the day on the BBC page the other day, with the producer talking about the show and asking for opinions. what came over was the fact that the producer seemed almost starstruck by shearer being there in a "wow! I can't believe it's Alan shearer there on my show" kind of way, and didn't seem remotely concerned about how little analysis he's actually able to offer.

I did ask him whether if before writing off Reading's chances, the pundits should at least have made some minimal effort to find out how good the players were, and his reply was "...to be fair it was hard to predict Reading doing well as sunderland won the title the previous year and struggled..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors ... _this.html

posts 7 & 13

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 Feb 2007 00:43

From Despair To Where? Have we got a full Mis-Named XI yet?

Magnus Hahnemann
Paul Kitson
John Oyster
Bryn Gunanason
Kevin Harper
James Hunt
Graeme Murphy
Shaun Long

Any more? Maybe we should coax Mick Hayloft out of retirement.
Ingimar Johansson, Marcus Heinaman (both courtesy of the absolute cretin who does the commentary on the Reading World highlights week in week out. I don't know what the source is, but it's always the same guy and he's always clueless. Must be a PremiumTV guy))

Of couse, we're forgetting the great Bobby Convoy.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 04 Feb 2007 00:48

Royal Rother Yeah - headphones = class. Best moment of the season.:roll:

Aahh sarcasm, the highest form of wit. :?

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 04 Feb 2007 01:26

Royal Tezza Does anyone have a screen capture or pic of Leroy with his headphones on? possibly my highlight of the season when he popped up looking like a legend as ususal. Class!

It's not the first time he's worn headphones on the MOTD highlights... Seems strange, maybe he gets the public bus home after every game or something? :? :wink:

LoyaltoDoyle

by LoyaltoDoyle » 04 Feb 2007 01:50

Personally - I think you all just need to chill out, im sure the lads greatly appreciate you fighting there corner but they are all old enough, bar the odd one or two, to look after themselves and open there own mouths if it really offends them as deeply as it does some of you LOYAL ROYALS. :roll:

but i agree it can get annoying when people pronounce, or sometimes dont even get the right name at all or write names wrongly..

LoyaltoDoyle

by LoyaltoDoyle » 04 Feb 2007 01:54

I vote Dixon to take place of lawro coz at the start of the season lawro just seemed to bitch about us and now we are doing well doesnt have anything to say - DICK :D

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 04 Feb 2007 02:16

LoyaltoDoyle I vote Dixon to take place of lawro coz at the start of the season lawro just seemed to bitch about us and now we are doing well doesnt have anything to say - DICK :D

I wouldnt say it makes him a dick, just inept.

MOTD does have decent pundits (for example, Peacock), they just seem to get shoved to the sidelines.

orange

by orange » 04 Feb 2007 02:21

Nicky Foster used to be a regular one.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Feb 2007 10:01

Lawrenson is the problem with MOTD, he just adds facile comments. His disregard for us doesn't grate that much, it's his lack of anything remotely insightful that gets on my nerves. His co-commentary is just as weak. You get the feeling he came as a job lot of ex Liverpool centre halfs when Hansen signed up. Of the MOTD pundits, Hansen is the only one worth watching. I actually think Shearer has some promise but he tends to get dragged to the level of his co-pundit. Stick him with Hansen and he tends to have something to say, Lawrenson drags him down.

MOTD2 is a much stronger programme. Childs is a great presenter. Maybe it's because he's a fan but he he doesn't go for the lazy self regard of the ex pro and the pundits follow his lead. There is an intelligence sadly lacking in MOTD and in Peacock and Dixon they have two very good pundits, although Dixon does occasionaly have his blonde moments. I think also having a coach as the rotating pundit works well. Ian Dowie is usually pretty good.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 04 Feb 2007 10:30

The back page of the News of the worLOLd always leave our result off the list. Every oxf*rd week!! :evil:

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 04 Feb 2007 10:47

It's ChilEs, not Childs.

I do so hate it when fans get journalists' names wrong.

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 04 Feb 2007 12:50

Agree with all of that From Despair to Where?

Lawrenson self-styled image as the 'funny-man football pundit' falls down in both the footballing knowledge and comedy stakes. Chiles, however, has made MOTD2 essential viewing.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 04 Feb 2007 13:19

Bucks Dave It's ChilEs, not Childs.

I do so hate it when fans get journalists' names wrong.
:lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Feb 2007 13:43

LoyaltoDoyle Personally - I think you all just need to chill out, im sure the lads greatly appreciate you fighting there corner but they are all old enough, bar the odd one or two, to look after themselves and open there own mouths if it really offends them as deeply as it does some of you LOYAL ROYALS. :roll:

but i agree it can get annoying when people pronounce, or sometimes dont even get the right name at all or write names wrongly..

You know what I hate? Stundents who don't know the difference between their and there and are incapable of constructing a proper sentence.

This is all bullshit anyway. Every week the pundits say something wonderful about us on MOTD. Last night Lawro said, amongst other things, "Coppell, early contender for Manager of The Year". It's not his fault the editors / producers decided not to analyse our game in any depth. (It IS his fault that no matter how hard he tries he will never be amusing, but most of the criticism of him on here is just pure pettiness.)

1066 posts