I'm officially bored of travelling away with Reading

275 posts
Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 10:51

it fuks me off....

Reading = Family club

gone are the days of working class masses going to footy like elm park days, they provide passion and atmosphere!! so what if people swear...football's roots are in the streets and those prawn sarnie oxf*rd can fcuk off!! look at every other club ranging from utd/pool to sheff utd etc they have masses of 'casuals' and stand up constantly.

therefore Reading = Upper Class prawn sarnie club

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 02 Apr 2007 10:53

Sharpy it fuks me off....

Reading = Family club

gone are the days of working class masses going to footy like elm park days, they provide passion and atmosphere!! so what if people swear...football's roots are in the streets and those prawn sarnie oxf*rd can fcuk off!! look at every other club ranging from utd/pool to sheff utd etc they have masses of 'casuals' and stand up constantly.

the conference is the way forward....

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 02 Apr 2007 10:53

Yyyyaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnnn...to Sharpy, that is...

Carlos 83

by Carlos 83 » 02 Apr 2007 10:54

I dont usually post but seeing as though standing has been mentioned again I felt the need to comment...

Im not fussed with standing or sitting down. But from a personal point of view, im 6ft something so if I stand there isnt a cat in hells chance someone behind me can see a game they have paid money to see.

Secondly I dont understand how by sitting this stops you from being able to shout clap swear and whatever else you want to do?

I know we all used to be able to stand and have a laugh jumping about, but for good or bad football and the fans are changing!!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 02 Apr 2007 10:54

The most laughable comment on here is alad's winge that there were two many Reading shirts (amongst the Reading support!). :lol:

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 10:56

its true....

there is a new class of supporter in Reading now!!

this is where passion is lost!!

hence sitting down all game ad moaning, always getting what they want, spoiltcunts!!

it will kill our club....im not saying we need a bigger 'mob' just we dont attract the traditional stereotypical footy fan due to increase in ticket prices especially at home!!

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 02 Apr 2007 10:56

cmonurz The most laughable comment on here is alad's winge that there were two many Reading shirts (amongst the Reading support!). :lol:

"too". "whinge".apart from that,with you all the way.

blue_army_wokingham

by blue_army_wokingham » 02 Apr 2007 10:57

3 vees - if you dont have any constructive conversation skills, then dont bother replying. do you not believe that singing songs and creating an atmosphere helps the players?? even when the players have admitted time and time again that they like the fans to sing at games??

would you rather we all sit in silence and the team get relegated??

you are an idiot, and its because of stupid people like you giving stupid replys that a huge amount of people dont bother posting on this site anymore.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 10:58

cmonurz The most laughable comment on here is alad's winge that there were two many Reading shirts (amongst the Reading support!). :lol:

i can see where he's coming from....look at utd when they came to us and im sure liverpool will be the same....they are all casuals or people who would rather not wear the colours...linking them too working class people.
i cant explain the reasoning...but when i see a whole mass of shirts in the home end i can immediately tell the support is going to be crap as it lacks the number of 'lads' or youths to generate that support.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 02 Apr 2007 11:02

Sharpy

i can see where he's coming from....look at utd when they came to us and im sure liverpool will be the same....they are all casuals or people who would rather not wear the colours...linking them too working class people.
i cant explain the reasoning...but when i see a whole mass of shirts in the home end i can immediately tell the support is going to be crap as it lacks the number of 'lads' or youths to generate that support.

But Sharpy, you're about as middle class as they come

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 11:03

am i oxf*rd...how dare you!! maybe in public but when at a football match it all changes...a 2nd person!!

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 02 Apr 2007 11:04

I wouldn't say I'm bored of following Reading away. Yesterday was a good day out. Yes you do get the odd tw@t that asks you to sit down but yesterday I didn't really have a problem with it. The best away trips are mostly the ones where we don't take as many fans. Charlton will be a good day out and I predict that large numbers of Royals will stand up. :shock:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Apr 2007 11:04

Am I really reading another thread moaning about our away support? I thought we were very vocal at times. It's easy to get an atmosphere going when you are playing well, it's a lot harder when your team hasn't won in five league games or whatever it is and the opposition are playing much better than you

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 02 Apr 2007 11:06

Huntley & Palmer Am I really reading another thread moaning about our away support? I thought we were very vocal at times. It's easy to get an atmosphere going when you are playing well, it's a lot harder when your team hasn't won in five league games or whatever it is and the opposition are playing much better than you

Agreed. Your away support should be judged on noise, not if you stand up or sit down.

Although I prefer to stand! :wink:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 02 Apr 2007 11:06

Sharpy am i oxf*rd...how dare you!! maybe in public but when at a football match it all changes...a 2nd person!!

So how you behave at a football match now determines your class??

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 02 Apr 2007 11:08

I find it amazing that people have a problem with people wearing a club shirt at a game of football. I also find it amazing that at Bristol City on Saturday, the Forest fans not having "a family in site" is concieved as a good thing. A stupid remark by a wanabe thug. It is also, clearly, bollocks.

I went to the game yesterday. Did not wear a shirt, got lost after the game and ended up walking through Edmonton ( rough as shite!) and got mildly bollocksed. Why I should mind whether people wear a club shirt or even dare to take their family to the game I have no idea.

I also went to Old Trafford over xmas. I saw an awful lot of Utd club shirts and an awful lot of women and children. Does this make Utd fans pussies?

Maybe the posters on here who regualry masterbate over how terrifying the Utd fans are can answer this for me? :?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 02 Apr 2007 11:11

southbank1871
Sharpy am i oxf*rd...how dare you!! maybe in public but when at a football match it all changes...a 2nd person!!

So how you behave at a football match now determines your class??

What does class have to do with how you behave at a football match in the first place?

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Apr 2007 11:14

if you studied sport and society (sociology) you would be on my knowledge level :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Apr 2007 11:18

Sharpy it fuks me off....

Reading = Family club

Reading has always been a family club since I've been going, mid 80s. You didn't see many families in the Southbank toward the away end but at the other end of the terrace you did and in the Tilehurst End (where I first went to a Reading game, as a family) and particularly in the stands.

The only difference now is that a lot of the family support now travel away as well whereas back in the day we only took a hardcore of 200-500 to sunny Stockport and the like.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 02 Apr 2007 11:20

Warfield North Stand
I also went to Old Trafford over xmas. I saw an awful lot of Utd club shirts and an awful lot of women and children. Does this make Utd fans pussies?

No it makes them plastic. HTH.

275 posts