Back from the game

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Apr 2007 21:03

Man Friday Long impressed when he came on. Very sparky. Seol could not get going. He's gotta leave in the Summer. Bikey's getting better and better and Ingy has to be player of the season.

Certainly agree with the Ingy comment. There ought to be no-one anywhere near him this season for the award. Sadly there will inevitably be the kids who vote for a striker, but to be honest only one player has been consistently good - Ingimarsson.

royals pete

by royals pete » 14 Apr 2007 21:11

West Stand Man
Man Friday Long impressed when he came on. Very sparky. Seol could not get going. He's gotta leave in the Summer. Bikey's getting better and better and Ingy has to be player of the season.

Certainly agree with the Ingy comment. There ought to be no-one anywhere near him this season for the award. Sadly there will inevitably be the kids who vote for a striker, but to be honest only one player has been consistently good - Ingimarsson.

Another agreement here. Ingy superb today. Thought DeLaCr was good, and I actually though Seol was ok bearing in mind only 2 consecutive games. Lets give him more encouragement. Only problem I had apart from boring Fulham, dodgy ref was boiling hot sunshine in East stand and no sun cream !!!!!

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 14 Apr 2007 21:12

Readingfanman Thinking that Seol had a good game for the first half , dropped off in the second half however.

You have got to be joking....he was abysmal...disnterested, lazy, rarely got any crosses in....awful.....

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 14 Apr 2007 21:13

Tony Le Mesmer Thought we were excellent in the 1st half, good high tempo put them under a lot of pressure.

2nd half we just didn't get into our stride. Thought we missed Sidwell big time after the break, we just couldn't get hold of the ball in the centre. I thought today highlighted that Gunnarsson is a decent player at times, but he is not a suitable replacement for Sidwell week in week out.

Seol seems to have his appetite back, must be the weather!

was i and loads around me watching a different game? Soel was crap

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 14 Apr 2007 21:15

PieEater
Royalee Dreadful game but at least we got the win.

I like one of the comments on BBRB after the game when someone said it was the worst performance of the season - clearly they weren't at Watford (or Wigan or Portsmouth)

it was awful,, but agree watford was worse and pompey (except the last 10 mins) was much worse too.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 14 Apr 2007 21:16

AthleticoSpizz
Royalee Dreadful game
in what part of the pitch?

Thought periods of the game were very entertaining.....especially in the first half

Bikey never fails to entertain

and

Gunnarson should get a life-long contract

once again Shorey (for England).....nearly gifted the game

Marcus again was rock

Zat Knight is a big bugger

it wasnt a good game.....but we defended well (most of the time)....however, there have been far worse games this season....weve also played alot better (ie. Liverpool) and lost

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Apr 2007 21:17

royalsteve
Tony Le Mesmer Thought we were excellent in the 1st half, good high tempo put them under a lot of pressure.

2nd half we just didn't get into our stride. Thought we missed Sidwell big time after the break, we just couldn't get hold of the ball in the centre. I thought today highlighted that Gunnarsson is a decent player at times, but he is not a suitable replacement for Sidwell week in week out.

Seol seems to have his appetite back, must be the weather!

was i and loads around me watching a different game? Soel was crap

No you weren't at a different game.

You just know very little about football.

Hope that helps.
:D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Apr 2007 21:18

royalsteve
Readingfanman Thinking that Seol had a good game for the first half , dropped off in the second half however.

You have got to be joking....he was abysmal...disnterested, lazy, rarely got any crosses in....awful.....
and you are out of order fellah......were you actually there today?

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 14 Apr 2007 21:19

royals pete
West Stand Man

Another agreement here. Ingy superb today. Thought DeLaCr was good, and I actually though Seol was ok bearing in mind only 2 consecutive games. Lets give him more encouragement. Only problem I had apart from boring Fulham, dodgy ref was boiling hot sunshine in East stand and no sun cream !!!!!

i agree inge was one player i though might struggle at this level but he has proved me wrong.....he, shorey sidders are my main contenders.....for me Shorey edges it at the mo.....though if Doyle, Lita and Sonko would have been up there too if they played the full season

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Apr 2007 21:23

AthleticoSpizz
royalsteve

and you are out of order fellah......were you actually there today?

I am sure he was - he just doesn't know what he is talking about.

royals pete

by royals pete » 14 Apr 2007 21:24

royalsteve
royals pete
West Stand Man

i agree inge was one player i though might struggle at this level but he has proved me wrong.....he, shorey sidders are my main contenders.....for me Shorey edges it at the mo.....though if Doyle, Lita and Sonko would have been up there too if they played the full season

But can you award a 'player of seasonvote' to a player who is out for a long period.
You could say that the likes of Sonks was a top team player for a long period, equally Doyle before injury.
and does anyone else think we lose a bit of soul and character without the likes of Sonks and Murts ???

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Apr 2007 21:26

It is the player of the SEASON,the hint is in the title.

If it was for the player of the 'part of the season he was fit' that would be what they called it!

royals pete

by royals pete » 14 Apr 2007 21:31

West Stand Man It is the player of the SEASON,the hint is in the title.

If it was for the player of the 'part of the season he was fit' that would be what they called it!

So if Sidders is going to be the multi million pound man, would he be expecting it ?????

G Force 1871
Location: I'll always be on the Southbank halfway up, midway between the halfway line and the away end.

by G Force 1871 » 14 Apr 2007 21:43

Seriously I genuinely cannot believe what some of you are saying about Seol. Thought that he was easily our most creative player in the first half, set up a two good chances for gunnar, looked continously dangerous, he even won a few tackles FFS. I know Footballs about opinions but some of you are mental!!

Agree that his crossing sometimes lets him down and he does tend to fade in the second half but today he was some way close to getting back to the form that Won us two or three games ealry in the season.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 14 Apr 2007 21:44

Does anyone think Halford is getting a bit pissed off yet?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Apr 2007 21:45

G Force 1871 Seriously I genuinely cannot believe what some of you are saying about Seol. Thought that he was easily our most creative player in the first half, set up a two good chances for gunnar, looked continously dangerous, he even won a few tackles FFS. I know Footballs about opinions but some of you are mental!!

Agree that his crossing sometimes lets him down and he does tend to fade in the second half but today he was some way close to getting back to the form that Won us two or three games ealry in the season.

Well said that man.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Apr 2007 21:48

The whole year inn Does anyone think Halford is getting a bit pissed off yet?
RFC £paycheque v Col U £paycheque....erm no

His time wil come next season (to speak the obvious)

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Apr 2007 21:49

The whole year inn Does anyone think Halford is getting a bit pissed off yet?

No, he is probably chuffed to be in a Premier League squad and being paid more than Colchester could afford.

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 14 Apr 2007 21:51

I'd rather of been at the Hull v Colchester game where Forster scored for Hull and Cureton equalised for Colchester. BUT i was sunning myself in my back garden! 8) Any other game i would prefer to be watching Reading of course.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 14 Apr 2007 21:56

aardvark Maybe I should say this quietly - I quite enjoyed it today, thought most of our players did well - I'd even include Bikey and DLC who can both make me a little nervous at times. If I have to find something to moan about it, it would be that some bloke sat a few rows in front of me thought it was acceptable to leaf through The Guardian for about 15 minutes just before the match started.

Bizzare post! I was reading mine during the game :wink:

It is currently 01 Oct 2024 21:53